[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
antoniong Offline
All it needs is the IP-address where the EyeTV software/hardware is located and then (in Recordings) you need to fill in where the EyeTV Archive is located.

Works like a gem in Gotham.
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-10 19:05 by antoniong.)
find quote
Famous600 Offline
Ive done that. Im running OSX Server on my mac mini. Eye TV is open.... I have changed it to my IP, even tried Mac-Mini.local host name in server. When I type in the host name I at least get a working wheel then it says unreachable. When I type in the IP it just instantly says server is unavailable. Sad
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-10 19:08 by Famous600.)
find quote
antoniong Offline
XBMC is not running on the Mini. Then probably permissions are not set correctly. Maybe changing the URL from "Http://...." to "http://userid:password@..........".
find quote
Famous600 Offline
What URL?
find quote
antoniong Offline
The one where you tell it where the EyeTV Archive is located in the Recordings tab,
find quote
Famous600 Offline
Gotcha, Im really not concerned with recordings. I just wanna watch live tv Sad When I enter my IP do I just enter it like XX.XXX.XX.XXX or do I enter a URL there as well?
find quote
Famous600 Offline
FINALLY fixed it. One last question. I use my Apple Remote to control XBMC. however with eyetv open in the background I can no longer control XBMC with the apple remote. Any ideas? Also is there a way to increase the bit rate beyond what the parser allows? The quality when in xbmc is pretty degraded compared to the eyetv app. Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-10 20:27 by Famous600.)
find quote
Beenje Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
(2014-05-10 19:45)Famous600 Wrote:  FINALLY fixed it. One last question. I use my Apple Remote to control XBMC. however with eyetv open in the background I can no longer control XBMC with the apple remote. Any ideas? Also is there a way to increase the bit rate beyond what the parser allows? The quality when in xbmc is pretty degraded compared to the eyetv app. Thanks!

For the IP, if you are on the same machine, you should just use the localhost: 127.0.0.1
I don't know about the remote problem. This is more a mac question. Try to ask in the dedicated forum.

The quality is unfortunately limited by the EyeTV app when using the http interface...
I haven't managed to get better.

xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find quote
Famous600 Offline
Ya that's really the only drawback. I've noticed recordings play great. But live streams ehhhh
find quote
qxo34 Offline
If you have eyetv netstream u can watch live tv directly from XBMC LiveTV section. And works great
find quote