• 8(current)
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac
Well, I have read this entire thread and though I don't consider myself a dumbass, I sometimes do come across that way. I will try not to give away my ignorance, but likely will with my first question. Nevertheless, here goes.

First, here's what I have...
iMac running OS X Lion (10.7)
Airport wired and wireless Network
Apple TV2 w/Firecore and XBMC (wired)
EyeTV Hybrid with cable tv service
EyeTV Archive located on my iMac within my Movies folder
Various other iOS devices to add to my complicated life

So, my question... How do I set this up? I have tried entering the archive address from within the ETV Parser setup screen, but it won't accept anything I put in there, but does have "home" as a current location which appears to be be some place on the ATV2.

What I'm looking for are simple step by step instructions for setting up EyeTV Parser within XBMC. I don't think we need to take it "from the top", but for others less experienced (<20+ years on PC's and Mac's) it might be a good idea.

I know the first steps would be to set up whatever EyeTV (Elgato) device one has, then of course jailbreaking the ATV2 and installing the XBMC addon. So, from there, whadayasay? Too ambiguous?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Question 
I am using your EyeTV Parser on my XBMC Dharma installation (v1.0.1).
Working flawlessly!!

Would it be possible to include a feature to delete your EyeTV recordings from within the EyeTV Parser?

Is it possible to change how fast the "description" of the recording is running across the screen?

Would it be possible to add more "views" apart from those already included with the plugin?

Thanks.
tenzion Wrote:Would it be possible to include a feature to delete your EyeTV recordings from within the EyeTV Parser?

Probably not that easy. To do it properly, you need to delete the directory with the recording and update the xml file (EyeTV Archive.xml).
In eden (with external python) you don't have direct access to the vfs.

I think it's much easier to handle the recordings via EyeTV software. But if someone wants to implement it, patches are welcome :-)

tenzion Wrote:Is it possible to change how fast the "description" of the recording is running across the screen?

Would it be possible to add more "views" apart from those already included with the plugin?

Nope. An addon is usually quite stupid. It just gives a list of items to XBMC.
Display depends on the skin (not the addon).
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
NoTyranny Wrote:So, my question... How do I set this up? I have tried entering the archive address from within the ETV Parser setup screen, but it won't accept anything I put in there, but does have "home" as a current location which appears to be be some place on the ATV2.

Don't know if you solved your problem but what you need is:
- setup your iMac as a file server: check this thread for different solutions -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109723
- On your atv2, go to files -> Add Videos and add your network location...
- In EyeTV Parser settings, select the EyeTV Archive path (should be in the added network location)
Since eyeTV can be streamed via browser (http://eyeTvHost:2170/eyetv/#channels) I was wondering why there is no add-on yet. Is anybody on it yet, or isn't this interesting enough?
i hit a bug tonight - not sure if this is eyeTV's fault or what, but for some reason there were two null characters in a channel name in the xml, and the plugin died like so:

Code:
00:34:33 T:2954420224 M:1021202432   ERROR: Error Type: xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError
00:34:33 T:2954420224 M:1021202432   ERROR: Error Contents: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1288, column 16
00:34:33 T:2954420224 M:1021140992   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Volumes/Users/htpc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/default.py", line 148, in ?
                                                main()
                                              File "/Volumes/Users/htpc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/default.py", line 135, in main
                                                eyetv = Eyetv()
                                              File "/Volumes/Users/htpc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/default.py", line 89, in __init__
                                                plist = Plist().load(localXml)
                                              File "/Volumes/Users/htpc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/default.py", line 65, in load
                                                for action, elem in parser:
                                              File "/Volumes/Users/htpc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.module.elementtree/lib/elementtree/ElementTree.py", line 986, in next
                                                self._parser.feed(data)
                                              File "/Volumes/Users/htpc/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.module.elementtree/lib/elementtree/ElementTree.py", line 1292, in feed
                                                self._parser.Parse(data, 0)
                                            ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 1288, column 16

the offending xml (snippet):

Code:
<key>342251880</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>Channel Name</key>
                        <string>WORLD^@^@</string>
                        <key>Channel Number</key>
                        <string>9-3</string>

i edited the xml file to remove the offending characters and ETV Parser was able to start but probably EyeTV is just going to regenerate the xml and it will die again unless i delete that recording...
Beenje Wrote:Don't know if you solved your problem but what you need is:
- setup your iMac as a file server: check this thread for different solutions -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109723
- On your atv2, go to files -> Add Videos and add your network location...
- In EyeTV Parser settings, select the EyeTV Archive path (should be in the added network location)

I have setup a source (smb) and I'm able to browse and play the recordings using the normal navigation in Videos/Files. But I have no "added network location" in the EyeTV Parser settings, I only see the local file system. (running 11.0 beta 1 on ATV2). What am I doing wrong?
stevenD Wrote:I have setup a source (smb) and I'm able to browse and play the recordings using the normal navigation in Videos/Files. But I have no "added network location" in the EyeTV Parser settings, I only see the local file system. (running 11.0 beta 1 on ATV2). What am I doing wrong?

How did you add your smb source?
The location should be added in the userdata/mediasources.xml file.
It it's there, it should be selectable in the addon settings.
Beenje Wrote:How did you add your smb source?
The location should be added in the userdata/mediasources.xml file.
It it's there, it should be selectable in the addon settings.

I think I've done exactly that, but I only get the "Home"-folder when browsing for the EyeTV recordings path in the settings.

This is my sources.xml

Code:
<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>EyeTV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://10.0.1.2/EyeTV Archive/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Incoming</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://10.0.1.10/files/Incoming/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Misc</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://10.0.1.10/files/Files/Video/Misc/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>

I can browse the files in XBMC without the EyeTV-plugin, so the access to the share is working, but the plugin can't see the share.
stevenD Wrote:I think I've done exactly that, but I only get the "Home"-folder when browsing for the EyeTV recordings path in the settings.

This is my sources.xml

I said mediasources.xml not sources.xml :-)
Code:
<mediasources>
    <network>
        <location id="0">smb://xxxxxx:xxxx@xxxxx/Video</location>
    </network>
</mediasources>
Oh, thanks! Smile Got it working now.
Question 
I've installed the beta 2 of XBMC on my ATV2. Works great.

Until now, I've been using the EyeTV parser XBMC plugin with success, viewing my recorded tv shows directly within XBMC.

But with beta 1 and 2 of XBMC for the ATV2, this has changed!

I can make the plugin work ok. It finds my files (both via AFP and SMB - they reside on an Apple Time Capsule) and I can start playback of any file.

But when the file starts to play, it's not full screen, only the "minimized" version running in the left hand corner...
Sound is ok!

I've tried to make it run full screen, but it doesn't work.

I can't quite make out what the problem is - has anyone here experienced a similar issue? What can be the problem?

Any help greatly appreciated!
tenzion Wrote:I can't quite make out what the problem is - has anyone here experienced a similar issue? What can be the problem?

Strange. I'm running EyeTV Parser on my ATV2 as well (eden beta2) and I haven't seen any problem.
The add-on doesn't do much. It just gives a list of items to XBMC.

Please pastebin a debug log.
I have the EyeTV HD and make all my recordings in best quality (720P). I have a few older recordings made with the EyeTV 250. The Parser is fine with the older files, but with the new files, it begins to play them, then stutters and stops, sometimes freezing XBMC completely. Is this a "just me" problem, or inherent in EyeTV HD files? I'm not very experienced with XBMC: although I've had it for a while, I've always just run it more than tinkered with it. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
Mike457 Wrote:I have the EyeTV HD and make all my recordings in best quality (720P). I have a few older recordings made with the EyeTV 250. The Parser is fine with the older files, but with the new files, it begins to play them, then stutters and stops, sometimes freezing XBMC completely. Is this a "just me" problem, or inherent in EyeTV HD files? I'm not very experienced with XBMC: although I've had it for a while, I've always just run it more than tinkered with it. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

The parser just gives a list of items to XBMC.
So this is not an add-on problem.
On which platform do you run XBMC?
The best would be to post a debug log in the forum "XBMC for <platform> Specific Support".
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac3