Crazy Keyboard !
Hello everyone:

I have a hardmoded Xbox working with Media Center.

I've just brought an adapter for keyboard and mouse (with two ps2 and two usb inputs), but the only thing I can do with the keyboard is to use a few keys with the same functions as the xbox control pad buttons.

I want to write with the keyboard for doing things such looking for videos in youtube XBMC script, beacuse I am too slow with the virtual keyboard.

So my questions are:

1 - Is possible to use as a normal keyboard (keys 1-0 A-Z...)?

2 - How could I configure it?, I only can use a few keys (enter, space, backspace...)
(in XBMC setup screen there is a section where I can mark a configuration that says "keyboard qwerty", but nothing happens.

3 - In the forums some people recommend keyboards with the mouse integred. If only the mouse buttons and scroll can be used, what's the point of buying this model?

4 - Is possible to use the keyboard with computers emulators, like spectrum, C-64...etc instead of the virtual keyboard?.

5 - The adapter I have bought has 2 usb inputs. The pendrive doesn't work in them, is this normal?, do I need another adapter specially for pendrives?.

This is the adapter:

http://www.speed-link.com/?p=2&cat=3429&...ct_lang=es

6 - I have tried with 3 differents keyboards, and no success. Is possible that the keyboards are nort compatible?, in that case, is normal that a few keys works and other no?.

Any help will be very very appreciate!.

Thank you and long life to XBMC!.
The adapter may not be a straight USB -> USB adapter. The xbox ports are USB. All you need to do is change the plug type.

Anything else in the way and things will just not work. I suspect it's one of these "make my keyboard seem like a controller" things, which just will not work at all well in XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The adapter may not be a straight USB -> USB adapter. The xbox ports are USB. All you need to do is change the plug type.

Anything else in the way and things will just not work. I suspect it's one of these "make my keyboard seem like a controller" things, which just will not work at all well in XBMC.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Thank you my friend!, that was the problem. The adpter is not 100% compatible. Today I got a USB adapter and pendrives and keybords work perfectly, even with emulator!!!!.

My remain question is:

In the forums some people recommend keyboards with the mouse integred. If only the mouse buttons and scroll can be used and the arrow does not, what's the point of buying this model?

Thank you again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crazy Keyboard !1