Support for "folder.tbn" as well as "folder.jpg"?
after finally upgrading my old xbmp to "c class," i don't see any thumbs anymore.

for my record collection i had put a tbn in each artist folder (not in the thumbs directory) under xbmp, and it worked great. now i only get the empty placeholders if i choose icon view.

i now have tried putting a tbn in the artist folder (containing several album folders), putting a tbn in the actual album folder, and putting a tbn in the thumbs folder.

still, under view: icons or large icons i only get yellow little squares for my albums, and not the album covers i put on the xbox.

do i have to activate thumbs somewhere in the config file?

this worked great under xbmp.

please help!
name your thumbs folder.jpg and it should work.
(senergy @ june 07 2004,07:05 Wrote:name your thumbs folder.jpg and it should work.
huh?
where did you get that from?

i have of course named all my thumbs "folder.tbn", and this has been working for over a year with xbmp. where "folder" is the name of the folder.

just for kicks i also tried the "folder.jpg" and put one in the thumbs folder, one inside the folder and one at the same directory level as the folder it represents. - > no go.

maybe you literally meant folder.jpg, and not the name of the folder? i will try tonight.

but why change this since xbmp? i have hundreds of files that now need to be moved and renamed.

:veryangry:
ok, it is necessary to name the file "folder.jpg" and then it works.

but why would they do this? i have hundreds of tbns that now need to be renamed and moved. and i can't be the only one who has all my music on the xbox. :bomb:
previously to show a thumbnail on a folder you had to name a jpg (preferrably 64x64 i think) the same as the folder name, and rename the extension to tbn. you would then put the tbn file in the same directory as the folder you wanted to put a picture on.

now on the other hand you just name the file folder.jpg and put it inside the folder you want to give an icon.

why this change? sure it may be easier to just name it "folder.jpg" and not have to type in the exact name, and it is also easier not to have to change the extension to tbn. and to top it off change the location of this file from outside to inside the folder?

why not make it backwards compatible so that all the people who made xbmp their primary jukebox and are now upgrading to xbmc won't have to spend hours renaming and moving hundreds of files?
http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581841
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks gamester.

i added some comments to the change req on sourceforge.
i've added support for foldername.tbn.

code is ready, but i'm currently unable to check this into cvs, due to a server error. Image

greets

bobbin007
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(bobbin007 @ june 08 2004,18:37 Wrote:i've added support for foldername.tbn.

code is ready, but i'm currently unable to check this into cvs, due to a server error. Image

greets

bobbin007
excellent bobbin!

could you confirm that:

1) when you say foldername.tbn, it is the name of the folder the icon will represent.

2) xbmc will look in the same directory as the folder to find tis icon (not inside the folder)

thanks again, i am looking forward to the next cvs. (running 6-06 right now.)
(x-ace @ june 08 2004,21:54 Wrote:could you confirm that:

1) when you say foldername.tbn, it is the name of the folder the icon will represent.

2) xbmc will look in the same directory as the folder to find tis icon (not inside the folder)
1) yes

2) yes

also finally checked it into cvs.

please report if everything is working as desired.

greets

bobbin007

yeah! :thumbsup:

i will have to wait for a compiled version to show up in the usual places, but will report back then.
bobbin... im curious, what happens if you have both a foldername.tbn at the same level as the folder, and a folder.jpg within the folder?

i still have all my old tbn's floating around because for a while i was running both xbmp, and the many alpha versions of xbmc. (tho i guess now i can remove them cuz xbmc is working beautifully)
bobbin & gamester,

i understand a new cvs compile will be made available 6-10 in the usual places, and i will look test this once it is out.

(don't have xdk so i can't just grab source)
it's 6-10 and no new cvs available this morning.
will check again tonight.
(kraqh3d @ june 08 2004,23:14 Wrote:bobbin... im curious, what happens if you have both a foldername.tbn at the same level as the folder, and a folder.jpg within the folder?
the folder.jpg has priority. foldername.tbn is just for compatiblity to xbmp. Smile

greets

bobbin007

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for "folder.tbn" as well as "folder.jpg"?0