XBMC will not start, Vista 32bit event ID 1000
I am a new user to XBMC to be gentile if I'm double posting a known problem.

When I run XBMC I get a stop error immediately after running the application "XBMC has stopped working" "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" I know this probably doesn’t help as it’s the canned stop error from MS, but in the event logs its logged as an event ID 1000 with this tag 'Faulting application XBMC.exe, version 0.8.1.0"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app 3 times now and have updated the .DLL file referenced in another halting on startup problem in another thread.

The system I'm running it on is an IBM thinkpad T60 2.0 Duo, 2GB Ram, ATI FireGL V5200 GPU, running Vista Enterprise 32Bit SP1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Welcome to the forums.

Your best bet is to get a Debug Log. Unfortunately this is reasonably tricky at the moment - add the following to a file, name it advancedsettings.xml, and dump it in your userdata folder, under the application support folder.

<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>2</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks jmarshall

I got the dbug file up and going after a few tryed and found that I was ussing the MS canned openGL driver. I got that updated and BANG!!! up and running.

thank you for the help and I can't wait to get this hooked up to my new 50' plasma tonight Big Grin

Thanks again
I have the exact same problem as yours. Can you clarify your solution?

What do you mean NOT to use MS canned OpenGL drivers? I mean whereas do I get OpenGL drivers?

Thanks in advance.
just get the latest drivers from your video card maker (so NOT using the windows update MS drivers)
I have an Geforce FX 5200. So before I went nuts messing up my Vista install - which works great right now - I thought I would go the XBMC Live route first. I'm thinking the Live ISO will have all the necessary NVidia drivers.

So then, I burnt the ISO to a CD and tried booting from it. I see a screen with "XBMC Live Login: " prompt that keeps on blinking on and off repeatedly. At the top it says "Reloading OpenBSD secure shell...." but never really does anything. So I decided to try logon anyway. I was careful to enter "xbmc" for both login and password. I had to do it one character for blink and my input was accepted.

So now I'm logged on on the XBMC live console. NOW WHAT DO I DO? I see a "$" prompt. HELP !!!

My card supports Open GL version 1.5 and I have an Athlon XP 2.0GHz. I'm thinking this is sufficient. While the FAQs tells me I need better GPU and CPU, it does also says it will work with Open GL 1.4. Well, either it doesn't or I'm not doing something right.

Any pointers will be appreciated. Even those that point me to some other UPnP client alternative. I tried GeeXBox but it is too lame and doesn't really work satisfactorily for me.

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC will not start, Vista 32bit event ID 10000