How to set Player Resolution
Hello,

I just reinstalled Ubuntu, and with that, a newer version of XBMC. Previously, there was a setting under

Settings -> Video --> Player

where you could change the screen resolution. This was really handy since I normally operate ubuntu at 1280x720 because I can't see 1080p on my 47" TV from the couch, but I like to have the player change to 1080p for all video content.

This option is no longer there, and i was wondering if this was something new from the latest build, and if they moved this option elsewhere.

I am running XBMC 8.10 SVN:16164 Compiled 14 Nov 2008

Note that I do not use the SVN repository, just the regular one, and did not build this on my computer, just grabbed the current build.

Here is a screenshot of the page that used to have it. It shows the lack of this option.

Any help would be awesome, thanks.

-xtian
Hi, welcome to the forums!
This option was causing problems (dropping from fullscreen after playback), so it got disabled until resolution changes are handled better. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we didn't feel it could be fixed properly/safely within the constraints of the feature freeze for Atlantis.
Is there a way to turn this option back on. It was working for me in the beta and now it is not. I would like to revert back to the beta code until this issue is worked out.
neotrex Wrote:Is there a way to turn this option back on. It was working for me in the beta and now it is not. I would like to revert back to the beta code until this issue is worked out.

So do I.
I'm not sure if it is just gone from the screen or not read internally, but you might want to just try setting videoplayer -> displayresolution in guisettings.xml. I know the code to change it is still there, don't know if it actually loads the option though.
CapnBry Wrote:I'm not sure if it is just gone from the screen or not read internally, but you might want to just try setting videoplayer -> displayresolution in guisettings.xml. I know the code to change it is still there, don't know if it actually loads the option though.

Where is that file you are talking about? I just looked and I couldn't find it anywhere.
althekiller Wrote:Hi, welcome to the forums!
This option was causing problems (dropping from fullscreen after playback), so it got disabled until resolution changes are handled better. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we didn't feel it could be fixed properly/safely within the constraints of the feature freeze for Atlantis.

Is there a way to get the old version back, or obtain old source code and re-build. Without this option, I have to play everything in 720p even though most of my content is 1080p, or I can try to switch to 1080 in Ubuntu every time i want to watch a movie, which is a huge hassle since I can't read text on the screen from the couch when I am in 1080. Why don't you just put this option back in, if it causes people trouble, then they wont use it.

On a side note, I tried to change guisettings.xml, but apparently that file is rewritten each time xbmc is started, so that didn't work.
xtian Wrote:Hello,

I just reinstalled Ubuntu, and with that, a newer version of XBMC. Previously, there was a setting under

Settings -> Video --> Player

where you could change the screen resolution. This was really handy since I normally operate ubuntu at 1280x720 because I can't see 1080p on my 47" TV from the couch, but I like to have the player change to 1080p for all video content.

This option is no longer there, and i was wondering if this was something new from the latest build, and if they moved this option elsewhere.

I am running XBMC 8.10 SVN:16164 Compiled 14 Nov 2008

Note that I do not use the SVN repository, just the regular one, and did not build this on my computer, just grabbed the current build.

Here is a screenshot of the page that used to have it. It shows the lack of this option.

Any help would be awesome, thanks.

-xtian
I am running the same build as you. and i can change the resolution i found it under settings / appearance / screen / resolution . try that it may be there on your buildCool
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set Player Resolution0