• 9(current)
Games Library (Game & Emulator database + launcher) development project, help wanted!
I'm sorry, I was (and still) very busy lately and have a little knowladge of building the requiered gui for the programs library. (still need to add "Library Mode" window for Programs and "Program Info" dialog)
I hope I'll be able to complete it before the next version (9.10).
I'll be grateful for any help with coding this.
leo2 Wrote:I'm sorry, I was (and still) very busy lately and have a little knowladge of building the requiered gui for the programs library. (still need to add "Library Mode" window for Programs and "Program Info" dialog)
I hope I'll be able to complete it before the next version (9.10).
I'll be grateful for any help with coding this.

I am extremely interested in having this game library in XBMC, so I would in principle be interested in doing some coding (although I cannot guarantee that I can free up enough time to do anything substantial).

In any case, could you point me to where I can find the current code? If there are any specific things you want me to code, you can of course state those also Smile
Someone, I think Kricker, has started compiling SVN builds with the game library patches.. worked perfectly on Win7 x64. Now I'm very excited about the library itself!
frain Wrote:I am extremely interested in having this game library in XBMC, so I would in principle be interested in doing some coding (although I cannot guarantee that I can free up enough time to do anything substantial).

In any case, could you point me to where I can find the current code? If there are any specific things you want me to code, you can of course state those also Smile

sure,
https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...amelibrary

first get it compiled and running, then pm me and we can continue work together on this.
I didn't want to resort to posting but I suppose it needed to be done.

I've got r19897 of the gamelibrary branch from SVN. I've got VC++ Express 2008 and DirectX SDK Nov08.
I've added the libraries and includes like the wiki says.

XBMC - 2 error(s), 161 warning(s)
http://pastebin.com/m3a075cbe

Most of the warnings seem to be python related but I checked out \system\python\ and I couldn't see anything obvious missing.
This is my first time in VC++ so I've really no idea what's happening.
Pretty sure that branch is stale. Branches are for development purposes only (linuxport being the exception) and should never be *expected* to be in a usable state by anyone but the developer.
I Checked in my project, just update and reopen the project and that should work.
@greatant1337, are you a developer looking to assist with the games library development?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40715
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=28953

Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I can build it now Leo2, I just don't know how to run it. I can see there's now XBMC, guilib, libPlatinum and UnrarXLib folders under \project\VS2008Express\ and they correspond to the 4 things being built within VC++. I see the Win32BuildSetup folder too but I didn't think building a setup and then installing would be necessary? Perhaps this is what puts all the parts together into a final directory structure?

Should I be building release(sdl) or debug(sdl)?

I feel super lame for not being able to manage this and am still messing around with it.

EDIT: Worked it out. I'm up and running and ready to help Leo2.

Gamester17, I've done some skinning for some scripts and skin-mods and saw that Leo2 needed help with skinning for this. Not a coder at all. I really wanna see this Programs Library done before the xbox gets dropped. (knock on wood)
hay guys can you tease us with some more screen shots we're dying to see this project come to light.
I'm sorry for the slow progress, I've been busy lately, but greatant1337 is
working on the skinning, so i guess soon you'll be able to see some screenshots from the games library.
leo2 Wrote:I'm sorry for the slow progress, I've been busy lately, but greatant1337 is
working on the skinning, so i guess soon you'll be able to see some screenshots from the games library.

Your PMs are full.
I'd need permission to actually apply anything to svn surely....? I've just posted a ticket with a patch (http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6827).
leo2 Wrote:I'm sorry for the slow progress, I've been busy lately, but greatant1337 is

So, are there any screenshots out there? I think i have missed them although I check everyday this thread Big GrinEek
GeoLoLJ Wrote:So, are there any screenshots out there? I think i have missed them although I check everyday this thread Big GrinEek

How could you have possibly missed anything? There's only one other post between yours and Leo2's??
I think his was a retorical question
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Games Library (Game & Emulator database + launcher) development project, help wanted!1