Import Library question
Ok, so instead of waiting a long time on each of the PCs in my network to scan all of the information in my music and video libraries, I decided to export the libraries from the first PC and import them onto the others. They have the same network drives mapped with the same letters, so I figured, no problem.
I exported from the initial box, and then imported on the first of the other two, and the information for each of the movies and TV shows is there, and they are able to be played, but the thumbnails and fanart are not showing up. If I click on information, the thumbnail or fanart shows up, but in the show listings, it's the generic art. I thought maybe updating the library would help. It did not. I thought shutting down and restarting might help. Nope. The only thing I found that worked was to go to each individual show and refresh the information. Of course, that kind of defeats the purpose of importing, doesn't it.
After noticing these problems, I haven't imported the music libraries yet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe
Your thumbs etc are cached locally, so you'd probably have to copy the cached files across as well to the other machines.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
copied over the Video folder under thumbs and that fixed it. Thanks,
Joe
i get the same problem but on same computer i have exported and when i import again thumbnails are gone. So copying stuff aint neede all is already there
if you are up to date (i.e. have a build from within the last two weeks), you can now export the library to separate nfo files per entry. this also grants the option to export the images (thumbs and fanart) along the movies.
Timewalker,

Just to be sure I got it....

To copy the library one has to do these...

1. Export thru XBMC (creates a xml file)
2. Import thru in the destination (import the xml file created in step 1)
3. Copy cache from userdata/thumbnails/video

Have I got the steps right?

Is it simpler just to copy the the userdata contents to destination instead of the above stepsHuh Will it accomplish the same thing?
Spiff i got the svn added to ubuntu but dont think it has come any new version..
vskatusa, yes copying is simpler and achieves the same. the export to one big xml feature is mostly for debugging.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import Library question0