Fanart as poster option?
OK, I've had to edit the InfoList a bit more just to get the episode thumbs to show up and then get the scrollbar and list in the same position as they were in List view.

Here's the edited ViewCommon.xml if anyone wants to try it out.

http://pastebin.com/m2770b8a0

Just use List view for Movies and TV Shows but select InfoList for TV Episodes.

Here's what they look like -

Awsome, thank you! Nod
I'd still like to find out how <info>ListItem.Icon</info> selects the folder.jpg for Movies/TV Shows list and the episode.tbn for the TV Episode list though.
This won't effect the way Animated Media Preview is, will it. It shouldn't. I'd like this look for TV shows......but I wanna keep the Animated Media Preview for my Movies.
No, I've only edited the List and Info List views.
Very cool. Adding this first thing when I wake up in the morning. Hitch....Did you check out the mock-up for the MediaStream theme I'll be putting out? ( Hopefully putting out.....LOL)
Tried your Mod......Looked great, but for some reason the FanArt would just keep disappearing. It showed the reflection....but not the image.
Strange.

Anyway, here's the one I'm now using for MediaStream v0.99.

http://pastebin.com/m8b2ad20
I've given up trying to display fanart in place of posters by means of editing the skin because you'd get a flash of the original poster when navigating back from the episodes appear before the fanart would load. It also slowed down when loading them as well for some reason.

As a result I've gone back to manually selecting the fanart in place of the thumbs, time consuming but there's no slow down.
Hitcher Wrote:I've given up trying to display fanart in place of posters by means of editing the skin because you'd get a flash of the original poster when navigating back from the episodes appear before the fanart would load. It also slowed down when loading them as well for some reason.

As a result I've gone back to manually selecting the fanart in place of the thumbs, time consuming but there's no slow down.

I think if you select fanart as a thumb it will probably create a local thumbnail image of your fanart? If you have it looking at the fanart directly then it's a much bigger image to load so will load slower
That makes sense, I just wish I knew more about skinning to make it an option but it's beyond me.
Quote:If only i could find where to lower this view so the selected image is flush.....

Hitcher:

Go to ViewsVideo.xml, find this part of code <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="25,0" condition="Skin.HasSetting(ShowFilmstrip) + !Container.Content(episodes)" time="0">Conditional</animation>

change the "0" in bold to something like 45 or so.
That was actually cold_realms request but thanks anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart as poster option?0