Any place I can download Beta 1?
Really really want to watch HD material on my XBMC Apple TV. Any place I can download Beta 1 of Atlantis?
lboyce Wrote:Really really want to watch HD material on my XBMC Apple TV. Any place I can download Beta 1 of Atlantis?

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles..._id=283294

Take your pick Smile
lboyce Wrote:Really really want to watch HD material on my XBMC Apple TV. Any place I can download Beta 1 of Atlantis?

Excuse my ignorance, but does this means that beta 1 was somehow working with HD but not final build?

I thought devs said that HD is impossible on aTV as they can't access GPU api?

I'm confused. Shocked

Edit: could you please explain what I'm missing?
ernisj Wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but does this means that beta 1 was somehow working with HD but not final build?

I thought devs said that HD is impossible on aTV as they can't access GPU api?

I'm confused. Shocked

Edit: could you please explain what I'm missing?

This devs Smile says 720p content will play using Atlantis 8.10 release on the AppleTV. Some 720p content does take too much cpu and will not play correctly so you have to watch the encoding and profile/bitrates.

AppleTV r2.x but not the new just released r2.3 as we have to fix an issue with XBMC Launcher.
davilla Wrote:This devs Smile says 720p content will play using Atlantis 8.10 release on the AppleTV. Some 720p content does take too much cpu and will not play correctly so you have to watch the encoding and profile/bitrates.

AppleTV r2.x but not the new just released r2.3 as we have to fix an issue with XBMC Launcher.

Oh I see you are the DEVELOPER! Big Grin Thanks for all your hard work bringing this awesome app to aTV!

Any idea why people want to downgrade in this case? I mean I tried 720p content on 8.10 myself and it works quite nice, yes there is some hiccups but its acceptable. Btw, bitstream on content I was playing was <5k, from what I understand >5k is a no no?

Do you think there is room for improvement on HD playback on aTV in the future? Or you think this is the limit what this little machine can do?
ernisj Wrote:Oh I see you are the DEVELOPER! Big Grin Thanks for all your hard work bringing this awesome app to aTV!

Any idea why people want to downgrade in this case? I mean I tried 720p content on 8.10 myself and it works quite nice, yes there is some hiccups but its acceptable. Btw, bitstream on content I was playing was <5k, from what I understand >5k is a no no?

Do you think there is room for improvement on HD playback on aTV in the future? Or you think this is the limit what this little machine can do?

Not "the" but one of many Smile

I think we can do better with a more recent ffmpeg version. Rumors say +20 percent. Not enough to bring it into 1080p content range.
davilla Wrote:Not "the" but one of many Smile

I think we can do better with a more recent ffmpeg version. Rumors say +20 percent. Not enough to bring it into 1080p content range.

sounds awesome, any idea when can we expect it?Nod
ernisj Wrote:sounds awesome, any idea when can we expect it?Nod

No time frame yet.
I stand corrected. Atlantis 8.10 actually does improve 720p playback. Unfortunately, it also has numerous problems of it's own that are a little hard to take at the moment. Really hope that the next release is expedited so I can have a fairly user-friendly XBMC experience on my ATV.
Folks,

I have an atv and 9.04 and I'm wondering if we have api access to the video card for proper h262 playback@720p. I know last year it was spoken that xbmc didn't have nvidia apple api's is this still the case?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any place I can download Beta 1?0