• 2(current)
MediaStream v0.99 Released (21/11/2008)
I'm running the stable Atlantis T3CH build on the Xbox and after updating to this version I now get no text on any of the menus. I've tried deleting the guisettings.xml file but that didn't help. The debug log looks like it's not finding a keyboardmap.xml file.

Pastebin link: http://pastebin.com/f89166cc

Edit: Looks like the languages folder may not have copied across correctly for whatever reason.
I like this skin but its not very compatible through the tv. its all a bit small. you should take a leaf out project mayhem, that is superb for tv viewing, aprt from the video controls.
muscles Wrote:I like this skin but its not very compatible through the tv. its all a bit small. you should take a leaf out project mayhem, that is superb for tv viewing, aprt from the video controls.

Have you read the faq.txt that comes with the skin and tried any of the different font options?
Great skin - have been using for months now with no major issues. I have a couple of potential bugs / minor suggestions:

It occurs when going into a sub-menu (that pops out from the side) off the main menu (eg, when you click system, the sub menu has options for settings, skin, etc). I'm sure you used to be able to exit the sub-menu to go back up to the main menu, but now you seem to have to press the left (sometimes twice in the case of the system menu) in order to get out. If this is not a bug, would be good if the equivalent to the escape or backspace key could take you back to the main menu.

One other thing, that I'm hoping isn't a feature request, is that the Info List view doesn't seem to work properly in files mode (fine in library view). Instead of displaying the plot, nothing is shown, though the cover art is shifted to the left to allow a space for the plot etc.
Vista Home Premium, Core2Duo T8100, Nvidia 8400M GT, 2GB RAM
skunkm0nkee Wrote:The German translation was taken from this thread

I think the non UTF-8 version might actually be the right one?

Same thing here. My settings are german but the whole menu is english.
Still getting memory issues with when trying to play movies, though they play just fine with PM3HD. Shame, I love this theme, but it's too unreliable. Sad
sinher Wrote:Same thing here. My settings are german but the whole menu is english.

Did you try using the German strings.xml that was posted in the German translation thread? (the one before the utf-8 version)

xboxzero Wrote:Still getting memory issues with when trying to play movies, though they play just fine with PM3HD. Shame, I love this theme, but it's too unreliable. Sad

Skin isn't 'unreliable', just the xbox won't handle the skin unless you set it up properly. Check the faq.txt (in the MediaStream folder) for details on how to make sure the skin uses as little memory as possible.
Skunk.....I guess I'm another jumping from the MediaStream bandwagon. I just tried Horizonz, and I'm not having a single issue, but MediaStream is just draining my RAM. Sorry Team RazorFish........
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Did you try using the German strings.xml that was posted in the German translation thread? (the one before the utf-8 version)

I tried the in before UTF 8 and it is working without Umlaute. I took the one which came with the t3ch build 8.10 (mediastream 0.97) which works.
I've just updated to xbmc 8.10 and found that video playback would not work at all with MediaStream. I updated to v0.99 and found the same problem. All other skins seem to work fine.
This is a real frustration, as I love this skin and really don't want to go back to one of the other ones.
Any ideas/suggestions?
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:Skunk.....I guess I'm another jumping from the MediaStream bandwagon. I just tried Horizonz, and I'm not having a single issue, but MediaStream is just draining my RAM. Sorry Team RazorFish........

Second that, i love Mediastream especially the minmalko mod, but the Ram Usage is too heavy, first i thought it was XBMC but after Trying different Themes it became clear to m, that it was Mediastream.
I dont think any Xbox users will be able to use MediaStream when it's all said and done. Unless they allow someone to theme it with lower res images. I am working on another round of FanArt, geared a little more toward xbox + Mediastream users. All FanArt will be 960X540, showing almost no hint that it isn't 720.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Did you try using the German strings.xml that was posted in the German translation thread? (the one before the utf-8 version)

Skin isn't 'unreliable', just the xbox won't handle the skin unless you set it up properly. Check the faq.txt (in the MediaStream folder) for details on how to make sure the skin uses as little memory as possible.

That's what I meant though. It's finicky on the Xbox. Can't you release a version with optimum settings enable for Xbox. I thought that was what lite was for. I've got it a little closer to reliable by turning off the fanart background on TV Shows. But the test is when I sit down to watch some TV Shows with my wife. Every night this week we've been successful for a show or two then had to revert to PM3HD to get the next one to play. Hopefully I'm closer now.

Seriously though, given you mention developing this against the t3ch xbox build, just stick in a 3rd skin mode for xbox that has all the settings that the xbox can cope with enabled, and those it can't disabled.

For me, so far, turning off fanart backgrounds in TV Views / TV List, and switching to Alt Font, allows me to run TV Shows, Info List, Episode View, reasonably reliably. As someone else said, if we have to further tweak that by turning off all thumbnails, we might as well go back to PM3HD. Which would be a shame, because this skin is lovely.
Totally unrelated, but is there any way to have two different movie views. One that will have the regular movies, and one that will have those I have for my kids. At the moment, the few my wife and I intend to watch are lost amongst the pile we have for the kids, requiring us to untag the kids movies as movies, and instead browse for them via the Videos Menu. Which loses all the nice artwork and synopsis. Can I even add a shortcut on the home menu to another folder, even if it isn't a TV view, just to get straight to the kids movies without navigation?
People with memory issues that use MediaStream check my Signature.

The 720p fanart ( and MediaStream) are draining RAM from your xbox. To help with this, you need to down-scale your FanArt to 960X540, and use MediaStream 0.95 or lower.

I recently updated XBMC ( to the stable build) from Beta 2. (I kept using 0.95, when 0.96 gave me trouble under Beta 2). After the XBMC update, I started having MAJOR issues (with fanarty loading and video playback using ANY version of MediaStream).....so I decided to ditch MediaStream. But I Can't.....I love it! So I decided to try and get it running smoother. After I replaced 100 Fanart pics with the downsized (960X540) fanart, I've had very noticable changes in the speed of navagation, and fanart loading. Plus my videos play.....all of them!

Hope this info helps out other xbox users who want MediaStream.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.99 Released (21/11/2008)2