• 5(current)
MediaStream v0.99 Released (21/11/2008)
Rocky5 Wrote:I resized every texture by 50% but the way you have done the skin some textures are off like so here is a pic of what i mean.
Not surprising really as we did a lot of work to get the textures scaled properly and used a lot of border attributes to stretch and scale images where possible (saves on memory usage).

Textures that don't have a border applied to them can be reduced a bit more easily but since there are a lot of gradients and drop-shadows then some of these will be off depending on the differences between the original image and the scaled up version.

People will be able to experiment to find what works best for them and I really hope that people can find ways of optimising it further but it won't be a simple case of just reducing textures in the media folder. Confused
I got a bug, using the navigation in section "watch pictures"
XBMC chrashed if i want to navigate in my folders. this bug is in version 0.97 and 0.99. In orther Skin navigation works fine.
I use xbmc with ubuntu hardy 8.04 with german language.
Hi, I'm using the latest Atlantis XBMC TECH-Build on a XBOX (PAL) and the latest Mediastream Skin 0.99 (lite Textures) and I have a bug, when I am trying to access Trainer-Settings for games (it also occures when I use the Standard Texturepack):
This bug has been there since I am using Mediastream (0.90+) - any idea to fix this?
Ok, that looks like a context menu or something that's not been prooperly skinned. Will probably have to ask Jezz which file it is we're missing (don't have any Xbox games so can't test it)
i havent seen any other posts about this so not sure if im alone somehow with this problem...with this newest release i no longer have my movies media count label. in all previous releases it was there, but for some reason it is not there anymore when in movies library. there was somethign about media count fixed in AMT in first post, i have no idea waht thats about or related to this problem.

p.s. i know option requests are closed, but any chance of adding an option to not show status bar when pausing, forwarding or rewinding while watching a movie as it sux to know how much of the movie is left sometimes.
Deleted by me.
Rocky5 Wrote:OK i have went through every texture and resized the ones i think would work and they do here is a list of textures (162) that can be resized by half and there is no adversed effect.

also i had to edit some xml files as you have a switch for textures if using lite.xpr i resized all though textures and the skin looks alot better and runs silky smooth.

Code:
amt-blank-poster.png
amt-overlay-favorite.png
amt-overlay-saved.png
amt-overlay-watched.png
bookmark-resume.png
defaultactor.png
defaultaddsource.png
defaultalbumcover.png
defaultdirector.png
defaultdvdemptybig.png
defaultdvdfullbig.png
defaultfolderbackbig.png
defaultfolderbig.png
defaultgenre.png
defaultharddiskbig.png
defaultmovies.png
defaultmovietitle.png
defaultnetworkbig.png
defaultrecentlyaddedepisodes.png
defaultrecentlyaddedmovies.png
defaultstudios.png
defaulttvshows.png
defaulttvshowtitle.png
defaultwideicon.png
defaultyear.png
dialogprogressbg.png
filemgrinfopanel.png
homebgdvdleftlow.png
homebgdvdmid.png
homebgdvdmidlow.png
homebgdvdmidrightlow.png
homebgdvdright.png
homebgmoviesleft.png
homebgmoviesleftlow.png
homebgmoviesmid.png
homebgmoviesmidlow.png
homebgmoviesmidrightlow.png
homebgmoviesright.png
homebgmusicleft.png
homebgmusicleftlow.png
homebgmusicmid.png
homebgmusicmidlow.png
homebgmusicmidrightlow.png
homebgmusicright.png
homebgpicturesleft.png
homebgpicturesleftlow.png
homebgpicturesmid.png
homebgpicturesmidlow.png
homebgpicturesmidrightlow.png
homebgpicturesright.png
homebgpowerleft.png
homebgpowerleftlow.png
homebgpowermid.png
homebgpowermidlow.png
homebgpowermidrightlow.png
homebgpowerright.png
homebgprogramsleft.png
homebgprogramsleftlow.png
homebgprogramsmid.png
homebgprogramsmidlow.png
homebgprogramsmidrightlow.png
homebgprogramsright.png
homebgsystemleft.png
homebgsystemleftlow.png
homebgsystemmid.png
homebgsystemmidlow.png
homebgsystemmidrightlow.png
homebgsystemright.png
homebgtvshowsleft.png
homebgtvshowsleftlow.png
homebgtvshowsmid.png
homebgtvshowsmidlow.png
homebgtvshowsmidrightlow.png
homebgtvshowsright.png
homebgvideosleft.png
homebgvideosleftlow.png
homebgvideosmid.png
homebgvideosmidlow.png
homebgvideosmidrightlow.png
homebgvideosright.png
homebgweatherleft.png
homebgweatherleftlow.png
homebgweathermid.png
homebgweathermidlow.png
homebgweathermidrightlow.png
homebgweatherright.png
homebladeleftmenuoverlay.png
homebladesub.png
homebladesubfo2.png
homerightoverlay.png
imagestreambar.png
infomessagepanel.png
keyboard.png
keyboardarrows.png
keyboardbackspace.png
keyboardcaps.png
keyboarddone.png
keyboardipaddress.png
keyboardletters.png
keyboardnumbers.png
keyboardspacebar.png
ledoff.png
ledon.png
movieviewbg.png
npindicdown.png
npindicleft.png
omindicright.png
omindicup.png
osdaudiofo.png
osdaudionf.png
osdbookmarksfo.png
osdbookmarksnf.png
osddvdfo.png
osddvdnf.png
osdforwardfo.png
osdforwardnf.png
osdnexttrackfo.png
osdnexttracknf.png
osdpausefo.png
osdpausenf.png
osdplayfo.png
osdplaylistfo.png
osdplaynf.png
osdprefo.png
osdprenf.png
osdpresetsettingsfo.png
osdpresetsettingsnf.png
osdprevtrackfo.png
osdprevtracknf.png
osdrandomofffo.png
osdrandomoffnf.png
osdrandomonfo.png
osdrandomonnf.png
osdrecord2.png
osdrecordfo.png
osdrecordnf.png
osdrecordoff.png
osdrepeatallfo.png
osdrepeatallnf.png
osdrepeatfo.png
osdrepeatnf.png
osdrepeatonefo.png
osdrepeatonenf.png
osdrewindfo.png
osdrewindnf.png
osdseekforward.png
osdseekframe.png
osdseekrewind.png
osdstopfo.png
osdstopnf.png
osdvideofo.png
osdvideonf.png
osdvizfo.png
osdviznf.png
overlayunwatched.png
overlaywatched.png
sliderbackground.png
slidernibfo.png
slidernibnf.png
tvfanartoverlay.png
unknown-user.png
videoinfobg.png

Pretty much all those images are already reduced in the lite theme or not shown at all (other than the amt ones) or are you saying that you've reduced them further than in the lite theme?

If you're just reducing them in the default theme then that doesn't really help as all that will do is reduce the quality for all users (even the ones who have no memory problems such as those on Windows/Linux/Mac).
deleted by me.
Hi skunkm0nkee,

here are 3 things for mediastream (Thanks again for your work, team razorfish !)

First is : It seems theres is a little bug with "special characters" they are not align with others letters (this bug is everywhere on all pages in the skin) :

the second thing, is an asking Smile : Could you add same informations between these two views ?

The last thing is : possibility to remove "ALL SEASONS" like here in all view modes ? :

Many thanks in advance. If you would like me to make some tests with special characters for example, you're welcome, just PM me.

Good night ! Smile
I think you can disable the all seasons option in the advancedsettings.xml file, you can find out about it in the wiki.
timdog82001 Wrote:I think you can disable the all seasons option in the advancedsettings.xml file, you can find out about it in the wiki.

Nope, i don't think so Wink
artik Wrote:Nope, i don't think so Wink

Yes, you can! I have done that... Wink

Have look at: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...library.3E

And to specific the part that says:
Code:
<hideallitems>true</hideallitems>  <!-- removes the "*All" items from the video library -->
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
Actually, I was curious how to do this myself, so I checked out the wiki. Here's how you remove the All Seasons option, add this to advancedsettings.xml, between the <AdvancedSettings> and </AdvancedSettings> tags:

Quote: <videolibrary>
<hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
</videolibrary>

What I'd really like to see is a way to get rid of individual season links, so that when you click on a show, you are taken directly into a list of all your episodes ("All Seasons"). I'm sure that's beyond the scope of this skin, though, and more a request for the XBMC devs. Unless this is already possible and someone knows how?
Yellowman! Four minutes quicker than me!
KevinSartori Wrote:What I'd really like to see is a way to get rid of individual season links, so that when you click on a show, you are taken directly into a list of all your episodes ("All Seasons"). I'm sure that's beyond the scope of this skin, though, and more a request for the XBMC devs. Unless this is already possible and someone knows how?

I think that´s possible aswell. Have a look at: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos_Settings#Library

Set "Flatten TV Shows" to "Always". Hopefully that´s what you want. Smile
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.99 Released (21/11/2008)2