• 6(current)
MediaStream v0.99 Released (21/11/2008)
KevinSartori Wrote:What I'd really like to see is a way to get rid of individual season links, so that when you click on a show, you are taken directly into a list of all your episodes ("All Seasons"). I'm sure that's beyond the scope of this skin, though, and more a request for the XBMC devs. Unless this is already possible and someone knows how?
It sure is, go to Settings > Videos > Library > Flatten TV Shows and select "Always"

edit: Dang, I got beaten by yellowman, too.
The resume dialog doesn't get dismissed even after the video starts. this seems to be new in Mediastream 0.99 any one else see this?

http://imagebin.org/32374
manojav Wrote:The resume dialog doesn't get dismissed even after the video starts. this seems to be new in Mediastream 0.99 any one else see this?

Nope.
THank you for all this help ! Smile
manojav Wrote:The resume dialog doesn't get dismissed even after the video starts. this seems to be new in Mediastream 0.99 any one else see this?

I've gotten that from time to time for the past several versions. I'm not sure when it started.
Question: For my HTPC (for windows) when the computer boots up in 8secs to Windows, I created a shortcut to xbmc to the startup folder (so kids and wifey, and other people, don't mess around with the windows part of it), but was wondering if there is a way to make a shortcut or a link within Mediastream when you want to shut xbmc down, the entire computer turns offf (and not go into the Windows desktop - although there could be a link for this too) ?

i hope that makes sense...
jman06 Wrote:Question: For my HTPC (for windows) when the computer boots up in 8secs to Windows, I created a shortcut to xbmc to the startup folder (so kids and wifey, and other people, don't mess around with the windows part of it), but was wondering if there is a way to make a shortcut or a link within Mediastream when you want to shut xbmc down, the entire computer turns offf (and not go into the Windows desktop - although there could be a link for this too) ?

i hope that makes sense...

Settings > Default Shutdown Mode >

Change from 'Quit' to 'Shutdown'.
thanks for the solution Hitcher. I wonder if Razorfish could create another button, that would also have "quit" and "shutdown" in the same menu. That would make things easier - but for now, the "quit" will equal "shutdown".

Also, this question prob has to do with more of XBMC than Mediastream, but there is a "Games" Section under "Programs" and is it possible for the directory to pick up .exe files? IE, I have old games for my HTPC to be accessible by everyone within XBMC and mediastream, such as Starcraft, Diablo II, and a semi-new game called F.E.A.R. It would be cool if Mediastream acted as a front-end to these games. Is that even possible? Also, the same thing would be with the emulators section.
jman06 Wrote:thanks for the solution Hitcher. I wonder if Razorfish could create another button, that would also have "quit" and "shutdown" in the same menu. That would make things easier - but for now, the "quit" will equal "shutdown".

Also, this question prob has to do with more of XBMC than Mediastream, but there is a "Games" Section under "Programs" and is it possible for the directory to pick up .exe files? IE, I have old games for my HTPC to be accessible by everyone within XBMC and mediastream, such as Starcraft, Diablo II, and a semi-new game called F.E.A.R. It would be cool if Mediastream acted as a front-end to these games. Is that even possible? Also, the same thing would be with the emulators section.

This is an XBMC request, not possible through a skin. However, there's the Launcher plugin that does essentially what you want that should hold you over until app launching is officially supported.

I agree a quit app could be useful for those without keyboards. I've been using the Restart XBMC button lately because it crashes xbmc on linux haha (though i think this was recently fixed in svn). That said, what are the chances to get a system restart button added to the shutdown menu? I personally have never had a use for the restart xbmc function except on the xbox. Perhaps a skin setting to allow that button to restart the system rather than the app? This would certainly be convenient for people like me (and more importantly, my room mates) who have a dual boot system set up
"Suona DVD" in Italian translation isn't properly good, "Lancia DVD" or "Esegui DVD" are better Smile
timdog82001 Wrote:This is an XBMC request, not possible through a skin. However, there's the Launcher plugin that does essentially what you want that should hold you over until app launching is officially supported.

I agree a quit app could be useful for those without keyboards. I've been using the Restart XBMC button lately because it crashes xbmc on linux haha (though i think this was recently fixed in svn). That said, what are the chances to get a system restart button added to the shutdown menu? I personally have never had a use for the restart xbmc function except on the xbox. Perhaps a skin setting to allow that button to restart the system rather than the app? This would certainly be convenient for people like me (and more importantly, my room mates) who have a dual boot system set up

Thanks timdog. That's what I was looking for - the Launcher plugin. Too bad, XBMC doesn't incorporate it quite just yet...maybe one day.
But I do think that RazorFish could add to the "on/off" section such as:
-Quit (to windows)
-Shutdown (obviously, shuts off the computer)
-System Info (self explanatory)
-Restart (restart the entire computer, or skin)

and all of this could be customized and set paths to. IE - restart could mean either restart xbmc or the computer. That would be a nice handy feature for HTPC owners besides myself.
There already is a shutdown, system info and restart xbmc button in the shutdown dialog, and all of them also (i think) in the submenu if you press right when on/off is highlighted. What's missing is the restart system button and quit xbmc button, both of which would be welcome additions for me. A quit button might need a whole new button, but I think you could stick the restart system in the same place as the current restart button. Pressing up and down when that button is highlighted could choose between restarting XBMC and restarting the system. On that note, an exit fullscreen button would also be welcome, but perhaps unnecessary.
A Feature Requests thread was created yesterday and one of the items on the list is to add Quit and Hibernate buttons to the shutdown menu.
timdog82001 Wrote:There already is a shutdown, system info and restart xbmc button in the shutdown dialog, and all of them also (i think) in the submenu if you press right when on/off is highlighted. What's missing is the restart system button and quit xbmc button, both of which would be welcome additions for me. A quit button might need a whole new button, but I think you could stick the restart system in the same place as the current restart button. Pressing up and down when that button is highlighted could choose between restarting XBMC and restarting the system. On that note, an exit fullscreen button would also be welcome, but perhaps unnecessary.

wow, didn't even realize that part. Just so use to pressing the shutdown button i guess (white button on the xbox). cool thanks!
one last thing, which might be an error.

Running Windows XP with mediastream, and when I enable "show larger clock", with "am/pm" - the am/pm doesn't fit within the context of the box.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.99 Released (21/11/2008)2