Are we supposed to report build failures?
Just wondering because though it doesn't happen often, it does happen. [often Tongue] and tonight is another example.

Build 16272

The Xbox and Linux trunks build fine, this time it is only the Win32 Build that borks

XBMC_PC error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static bool __cdecl CWNETHelper::GetShares(class CFileItemList &)" (?GetShares@CWNETHelper@@SA_NAAVCFileItemList@@@Z) referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall DIRECTORY::CSMBDirectory::GetDirectory(class CStdStr<char> const &,class CFileItemList &)" (?GetDirectory@CSMBDirectory@DIRECTORY@@UAE_NABV?$CStdStr@D@@AAVCFileItemList@@@Z)

XBMC_PC fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
SVN isnt always stable, not all devs have all os to test on so we might make mistakes, we´re only humans afterall Smile

If you notice a build failure wait atleast 24hs before reporting it becuase generally we pick it up faster than that and fix it. usually its just an ifdef thats left out.

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Use vs2008 to build XBMC since the vs2003 build file isn't always up to date.

Edit:
vs2003 should be fixed now.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Are we supposed to report build failures?0