Mark all movies as watched
I think will be a nice feature if in library mode I can mark all my movies watched with one click
I second that. Dont use this feature, because i dont want to mark every single file manually.
agreed, let's take an example:

a new xbmc user that already own a collection of 200 movies stored let's say on a NAS and he has seen them all...

...when this poor guy Smile will scan all his movies he will need to mark one by one as watched if he really wants to take all the benefits of the library mode...this is a big waste of time
Perhaps such a setting could find a home in the set content dialog when you're first scanning your movies in? The only complication I see with this setting is that it would probably necessitate the addition of an option to "Mark Movie as Unwatched" or something along those lines in the context menu, as many people would likely have at least one or two movies in their collection that hadn't been watched.
timdog82001 Wrote:Perhaps such a setting could find a home in the set content dialog when you're first scanning your movies in? The only complication I see with this setting is that it would probably necessitate the addition of an option to "Mark Movie as Unwatched" or something along those lines in the context menu, as many people would likely have at least one or two movies in their collection that hadn't been watched.

It's already possible to mark as watched/unwatched single movies using the context menu
You can make the following watched from within library mode (at least):
Single media files
Entire TV Shows
Entire Seasons.

As movies do not have anything comparable to the latter two, how do you suggest this would be implemented?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:You can make the following watched from within library mode (at least):
Single media files
Entire TV Shows
Entire Seasons.

As movies do not have anything comparable to the latter two, how do you suggest this would be implemented?

for example mark all animation movies as watched

or

mark all "TITLE" (all) movies as watched
You are gone into a domain where it would make more sense to do this via SQL commands in something like SQLitespy
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
sho Wrote:You are gone into a domain where it would make more sense to do this via SQL commands in something like SQLitespy

ok but I don't think this option will be reasonable for someone that is new to XBMC like in the example above.
Another idea can be to add an option in the "set content" menu like "mark all movies added as watched in library mode" or something similar....so at the first BIG scan all the movies added will be marked as watched

hope it's clear the idea
^tWiSt^ Wrote:It's already possible to mark as watched/unwatched single movies using the context menu

Hmm, for some reason I thought you could only mark as watched and not the reverse. I guess that's because I never use the watched/unwatched feature for essentially the same reasons stated in this thread.
Just thinking a little outside the square....couldn't this be an context menu option for a smart playlist. So you create your temporary playlist with the movies/TV shows you want & then you can choose to watch/unwatch all of them?

But aside from that some way to set watched to all the movies would avoid issues when creating a new library.
Now all it takes is a well formed feature request on trac.
And then pray the devs look favourably your way.
sho Wrote:Now all it takes is a well formed feature request on trac.
And then pray the devs look favourably your way.

I would like to...but can someone with a better English than mine (I'm Italian), write in trac a well formed request please?

THX
^tWiSt^ Wrote:I would like to...but can someone with a better English than mine (I'm Italian), write in trac a well formed request please?

THX

I need something to distract me from my homework. I'll see what I can do.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5398

On a related issue, we could of course use nfo files to save the watched status. The problem with this is that every time you watch another movie in your library, you have to personally go in and edit the nfo file to change it to watched, not exactly optimum. How realistic would a request to allow xbmc to write to nfo files to change watched status when using the context menu "Mark movie as watched/unwatched" function be? Even worth requesting? If support were added for this, it would possibly be a more reasonable alternative to the aforementioned context menu/set content options, especially now that the mixed url + content nfo's are possible in the newest svn.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark all movies as watched0