XBMC HD Extender ... sort of =)
Hey Gents,

I've been a long time user of XBMC and lurker on the forums. I recently retired my Xbox *and* my HTPC from my living room after getting frustrated with the HTPC when trying to get 1080p/24 HD material with HD audio format support working reliably (the legacy Xbox running XBMC is still in use, just not in the HT setup any longer).

I ended up buying a Popcorn Hour (PCH) A-110 Networked Media Tank (NMT). After a recent firmware upgrade I am very happy with the NMT. I now have 1080p/24 m2ts blu-ray material streaming from a NAS with full TrueHD and DTS-HD MA support. I am really only using the NMT for a Video Jukebox.

I am using an open source 3rd party application called YAMJ (Yet Another Movie Jukebox) as the front end for my movie collection. Recently YAMJ adopted the XBMC NFO file format as the meta data format for the video library. The implementation is in early stages, just in a recent beta. Movies is working decently, but TV shows are very early in the implementation cycle.

I recently successfully read in the same video library that the XBMC Xbox can also read. I have been using XBMC Media Companion to manage the video library files. There are files in there that the Xbox can't play which play fine on the NMT.

I thought some folks here might find this interesting. In a way it's sort of an "hd extender" for the XBMC Video Library.

I'd be over the moon with a port of XBMC to the NMT platform Rofl

You can find out more info about YAMJ at the NTM forums here:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/forumd...php?fid=34

egg
eggman Wrote:I recently successfully read in the same video library ......

egg

LOL.......I know you meant that in a totally different way.....but that just reads funny.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HD Extender ... sort of =)0