XBMC Live configuring Soundgraph iMON VFD/IR Receiver and Remote?
Question 
I recently bought an Antec Veris Multimedia Station Basic to put in my new pc and I don't know how to make it work with XBMC (Live). The IR receiver is actually made by Imon, which is supported by LIRC as far as I can tell. I have very little linux experience btw.

I realize that only the MCE remotes and receivers work out of the box with XBMC Live, but I would really like to use the IR receiver I mentioned above if at all possible. What I am trying to figure out is the following:

1. How do I tell if XBMC can see my IR receiver?
2. How do I tell if my IR receiver is receiving anything?
3. How do I configure it to work with XBMC?
Update: I've discovered that XBMC-Live can indeed see my remote. Immediately after booting, I can use the "enter" button and the "back" button so at least I'm getting somewhere now. The problem is that if I hit any other button on the remote, it stops working completely. I assume it's a lirc config issue, so I'll head over to the forums there.
I've not used the live version but I use the linux version on both hardy and intrepid.
If the live version is based on hardy it probably has lirc 0.8.3~pre1 which I dont think supports your IR receiver.
I have the Antec Fusion 430 case with IR and VFD and have used the instructions from here with no problems.
Intrepid is shipped with a compatible Lirc.
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live configuring Soundgraph iMON VFD/IR Receiver and Remote?0