Multiple Genre Fields In NFO?
Is it possible to use Multiple Genre Fields in a nfo file?

i.e.
Code:
<movie>Event Horizon</movie>
   <genre>Sci-Fi</genre>
   <genre>Thriller</genre>
   <genre>Horror</genre>
</movie>
yes. why didnt you just try? Wink
Right now I believe multiple Genre fields are handles as this:
Code:
<genre>Sci-Fi / Thriller / Horror</genre>

And that seems to work with XBMC Media Companion.

Although multiple genre fields would be a better solution and more standard XML.

egg
spiff Wrote:yes. why didnt you just try? Wink

Cause sometimes i can be real stupid!!!

I actualy did try it as soon as i got home, I'm working on a program similar to XBMC Media Companion at the moment which acesses the Video Libraries themselves, updates info from from NFO's & And acts as a middle ground for media managers Like Ant Movie Catalog, eXtreme Movie Manager, and so forth, basically it translates the tags from the XML and ties the data to XBMC tags, uses that information to write the nfo's and from there can either update the database(without launching XBMC - which i find useful forthe fact that i run my XBMC from my server on all my HTPCs in my home, and they use the same video/music databases, in essence updating all 3 libraries at once). I just needed to know hat fact so that i could know if itwas feasible to write out to nfo in that way. Was writing some code to output the XML at work when i asked, didn't have XBMC available. just a case of impatience i guess
hehe okay you are forgiven Wink

eggman, then xbmc companion does it wrong. while that works i believe it wont get the movie properly registered in each genre. i might be wrong long time since i wrote that code
Cheers spiff. I will contact the XBMC MC author.

egg
I will update MC,
When I frst wrote the program I based my nfo files on the exported XML, which output the genre as "<genre>Sci-Fi / Thriller / Horror</genre>"

At least it did when I last used it.
billy,

possibly it did. however, that is only the internal representation, users might want to change the separator etc (configurable through advancedsettings), so i believe we changed it
wich settings i had to change to get this:

<genre>Sci-Fi</genre>
<genre>Thriller</genre>
<genre>Horror</genre>

and not this

<genre>Sci-Fi / Thriller / Horror</genre>

in ember nfo files?

i didnt finf thisSad
Is this still the case - .nfo files have to devide genres into elements like
Code:
<genre>genre1</genre>
<genre>genre2</genre>
<genre>genre3</genre>

instead of storing them in one tag
Code:
<genre>genre1 / genre2 / genre3</genre>

Emer still uses one tag and XBMC does not have a problem with it or it does?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Genre Fields In NFO?0