DELL hassling MediaPortal over skin?
hey guys was just checking over at media portal sourceforge site only to see the message about dell asking the skin to be removed. Shocked

now i know the whole idea of xbmc is a greay area and therefore it is unlikely to affect you xbmc to the same extent but will there be any modifications relating to the default skin?

Confused
since some days the media folder in the mediaplayer skin direktory
is empty in the cvs checkout ...

have they removed already the mediaplayer skin ?

steffgen
(nimbles @ june 09 2004,21:00 Wrote:now i know the whole idea of xbmc is a greay area ...
what? we? nahh.

and yes, the default skin is removed from the cvs and will be replaced with another one in the future.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
i hope it still gets updated though, just as a third party skin ala project mayhem, hifi, retro, etc
fuck dell
we are way ahead of you, please see this linked post here => http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....2;st=98 <= :hmm:
also if you read that thread from the beginning you'll see i brought up the possible copyright issue at a much earlier stage
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
as i just posted in the 'off topic' forum, surely a placeholder plain / white screen with menus could be 'thrown together' in a few minutes and used in mediaportal until the skinners turn out some good looking screens?

hell, load up the 'dell-a-like' menus and then colour them in a different colour and put on craptastic menu/icons where the previous artwork was.

also would be nice to have the mediaportal forums back so we can post our own menus for others to use.

cheers,

gizmomelb
i personally use the visor skin on all of my xbmc applications.  i'm not sure what it is about this skin, but i just love it's nice and clean look
project mayhem all the way ! :p

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DELL hassling MediaPortal over skin?0