Additional "Movies" Content
Not sure if this can be done with base options or if I'll have to edit anything but this is pretty much what I want: I see MediaStream has TV Shows and Movies selectable from the home, it also has "Videos" which looks like it's more used for viewing videos in file view as opposed to the other two which are more geared towards library view. I need a third content type (which would actually just be a second "movies") for library view. I've got my TV shows, my normal movies, and my adult movies which I want separated from the "normal" movies. I researched for a bit and couldn't find a way to add an additional content type in XBMC so I'm trying to figure out another way I can achieve this in MediaStream. As I was writing this, genre just came to mind but I would only want two genre's: Regular and Adult. I'm going to look around a little more but if anyone knows a way I can do this, please help me out. Thanks.
Look up using profiles in the wiki (you can have one set of movies in one profile and the other movies in another)
you can add sections into the home screen by editing the home.xml.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Look up using profiles in the wiki (you can have one set of movies in one profile and the other movies in another)

I don't think that would get me where I want. I'm really not trying to separate the two, but categorize them. I'd still want them in the same profile. For example, this would be ideal: I choose "Watch Your Movies" from Home, I am given two choices, "Movies" and "Adult Movies". If I was using file view, it'd be pretty simple, but I want both sections to be able to use library view so I could scrape info for both. From what I've researched, I don't think I can have two movie content types with separate libraries (correct me if I'm wrong) so both my regular movies and my adult movies would be in the same library, I'd just split the two types in categories if possible.
You're right you can't have two separate libraries within the same profile but each profile has it's own library.
i'm curious about this... would a 2nd library function be difficult to implement? or is it something that is deemed not a priority?
XBMC controls the library not the skin and I doubt adding a 2nd library is high on their list of priorities (I could be wrong tho)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional "Movies" Content0