• 3(current)
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)
I was spending too much time on the computer last night and the fiance was getting a little heated...

hopefully i can finish setting this up tonight.

just a thought...

you might want to post this in forum.xda-developers.com, maybe this could gain a larger following...who knows?
achoke Wrote:I was spending too much time on the computer last night and the fiance was getting a little heated...

hopefully i can finish setting this up tonight.

just a thought...

you might want to post this in forum.xda-developers.com, maybe this could gain a larger following...who knows?

I'm still hoping someone else will promote it... Since I haven't got time to really promote it. I'm almost having a full time job, I'm still studying and in the spare time I have (which is almost none) I try to develop this script.
first of all: great achievement!!

Got some issues though....maybe I'm doing something wrong.
  • Got XammpLite installed, running on the server.
  • The test.php gives OK on all items except XPM and Japanese Font support.
  • XBMC (the windows version) running with webserver on port 8080
  • Running XBMC HTTP-R on Opera 9.6 (desktop version)

I can browse and play music/video's etc., but this is what's not working:
  • Indexing
    I get this error when using indexing.php
    Code:
    Warning: require(DIRECTORY_ROOTincludes/classes/abstracts/module.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in I:\Xampp\htdocs\Interface\includes\init.php on line 15

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DIRECTORY_ROOTincludes/classes/abstracts/module.php' (include_path='.;I:\Xampp\php\pear\') in I:\Xampp\htdocs\Interface\includes\init.php on line 15
  • The "Touch" option isn't working, This is what I get:

Some other questions:
  • A minor issue is the fact when browsing for artists, I don't get album names but instead a whole list of songs from all the albums of that Artist, like [artist] - [trackname] . It would be preferable to see [album] - [trackname] or better yet, a list of albums for that artist beforehand.

• On what device are you running XBMC HTTP-R in your video demo and on which browser? Is it 640x480 or 320x240 and is the script optimized for all resolutions supported by mobile phones/PDA or does the user needs to do some tweaking.
@Hicaricore. Maybe you can give some pointers or share your effort.

Anyway, again, great piece of software!!
DragonFly Wrote:Some other questions:
  • A minor issue is the fact when browsing for artists, I don't get album names but instead a whole list of songs from all the albums of that Artist, like [artist] - [trackname] . It would be preferable to see [album] - [trackname] or better yet, a list of albums for that artist beforehand.

• On what device are you running XBMC HTTP-R in your video demo and on which browser? Is it 640x480 or 320x240 and is the script optimized for all resolutions supported by mobile phones/PDA or does the user needs to do some tweaking.
@Hicaricore. Maybe you can give some pointers or share your effort.

Anyway, again, great piece of software!!

I've created a new rotate function for the "touch" feature, it should work better (here it is working great).

screenshot of android, running xbmc http-r Wink, it is optimized for 320x240, but Opera on a 640x480 is emulating a 320x240 resolution, so it should be the same if you are using opera 9.5 on winmo.

I'm still hoping someone else will see this, and create different skins (since you can create a webbrowser based version of xbmc using my tools on a PC, might be handy if you are playing music and want to change a song (if you are having a PC in the living room, else you grab your iPhone/G1/HTC phone and change the song Wink)) The benefit of this version is that it is running on almost all phones.

Nokia isn't working btw (only the linux based phone's (E61?)) since the browser doesn't even support stylesheets.

http://xbmc.denhaas.info/?m=Downloads You can download the new 0.3.1 version here.
The next version will also support Mediaportal (not really XBMC related) I want it to be an all round control center.

About your last suggestions, I will place it on my Todo list
Thanks XiniX88, it's working now

XiniX88 Wrote:I'm still hoping someone else will see this,

The whole XBMC community should see this! This is great stuff Nod

Could you give me some pointers as to where in the script I can change the chosen albumview of a given Artist (Artist > Artist > Information> Songs) to display [album] - [trackname] instead of [artist] - [trackname]?

Could it be possible to have a "Play" button in the upper right corner? In many cases, I think, the user makes his choice on first glance without having to read all the info about a particular move or album. One could press play immediately instead of scrolling all the way down
DragonFly Wrote:The whole XBMC community should see this! This is great stuff Nod
Why don't you show them Wink

Sorry I'm not replying that fast... About your last suggestion, I was planning to make some info to fold and only unfold if you click on more info. If you do this, the "play" button will be directly on your screen Smile (you don't have to scroll). So you can play the song/movie/serie straight away.

The other question:

Change (interface/ppc/inspire/pages/artist.php) line 45
Code:
echo '<a href="javascript:page.get(\'song&id='.$song->id.'\')" class="item arrow">'.$info_song['artist']['name'].' - '.$info_song['title'].'</a>';

to:
Code:
echo '<a href="javascript:page.get(\'song&id='.$song->id.'\')" class="item arrow">'.$info_song['album']['name'].' - '.$info_song['title'].'</a>';

And you have your album - title displayed...
Hi

I have installed
- XAMPP
- Installed HTTP-R in xampp\htdocs\xbmc
- modified includes\config.php

Web interface Xbmc is working on the port 8080

when I go to localhost/xbmc/index.php, I have :
Warning: include(interface/ppc//index.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in G:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc\index.php on line 45

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'interface/ppc//index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;G:\xampp\php\pear\') in G:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc\index.php on line 45

Please could you help me

Thanks
tetsuo1248 Wrote:Hi

I have installed
- XAMPP
- Installed HTTP-R in xampp\htdocs\xbmc
- modified includes\config.php

Web interface Xbmc is working on the port 8080

when I go to localhost/xbmc/index.php, I have :
Warning: include(interface/ppc//index.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in G:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc\index.php on line 45

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'interface/ppc//index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;G:\xampp\php\pear\') in G:\xampp\htdocs\xbmc\index.php on line 45

Please could you help me

Thanks

Don't know what kind of browser you are using... includes/config.php line 18 must have:
Code:
$_CONF['theme']['ppc'] = "inspire";

If so, change index.php line 40 from:
Code:
return "pc";

to:
Code:
return "ppc";

Else you've probably ruined your config.php, please configure it again...

If it still isn't working you have to edit index.php line 15, change:
Code:
$this->path = "interface/".$browser."/".$_CONF['theme'][$browser]."/";

to:
Code:
$this->path = "interface/".$browser."/inspire/";
Thanx XiniX88, It's working beautifully.

Working with HTTP-R, pops another thing to mind for your (or a theme creator) todo list.

HTTP-R is great for remote controlling XBMC with the use of remote devices. It would also be great for controlling XBMC through a touch screen attached to your HTPC as a secondary monitor running a web browser in Kiosk mode.

Imagine having a large music collection and every time you want to play something you'll have power up your power consuming Plasma/LCD TV to play some music. A tap on your attached touch screen could wakeup your HTPC from S3 and show a HTTP-R interface (optimized for 1024x768, 800x600, 800x480) in which the user can browse through his music collection and play his selection. Obviously there would be no need for a movie browser, but a large buttoned interface (or just the touch function) showing your music and playlist (perhaps for streaming radio) collection would suffice......
DragonFly Wrote:Imagine having a large music collection and every time you want to play something you'll have power up your power consuming Plasma/LCD TV to play some music. A tap on your attached touch screen could wakeup your HTPC from S3 and show a HTTP-R interface (optimized for 1024x768, 800x600, 800x480) in which the user can browse through his music collection and play his selection. Obviously there would be no need for a movie browser, but a large buttoned interface (or just the touch function) showing your music and playlist (perhaps for streaming radio) collection would suffice......

Great input, and yes, it is all possible, the biggest part is already written (the classes to speak with XBMC). So you can create any kind of template using all the features XBMC "ppc" (the current template) already has. Also you can adjust the size of the images to larger sizes (for example a 1024x768 version of "Touch" is possible by adjusting 1 line of code), or create larger fanart.

The code can already see what kind of browser you are using (so are you on a PPC, PC or whatever) and can detect the screen size... Still hoping to see a developer who is willing to create such things.

This by the way is why I've chosen a stand alone (centralized) server, so you can speak to multiple mediacenters and create multiple theme's to support almost any device in an easy way (using minor PHP code and HTML and CSS to create it).

http://derek.denhaas.info/xbmc/new.PNG
Here a new screenshot of the mediaplayer skin of XBMC, to the left you will see your saved playlists, and on the right side... well see the picture.

So the possibilities are endless...
Awesome!

I've been playing with this on my Nokia N75 smartphone with Opera Mobile. It works, but there are two issues related to this particular model.

1. The N75 has a 240 x 320 display. Even with Opera's mobile optimization, XBMC HTTP-R requires slight side-scrolling to see the whole screen.

2. The N75 doesn't have a touch screen which means I have to navigate through the clickable items on the page with the arrow control. Again, this works but the items are not highlighted so I can see which button is selected.

What changes would I have to make to fit better on a 240 x 320 display? Is it possible to make a "mouseover" highlight so I can see what's being selected?

Thanks!!
theophile Wrote:Awesome!

I've been playing with this on my Nokia N75 smartphone with Opera Mobile. It works, but there are two issues related to this particular model.

1. The N75 has a 240 x 320 display. Even with Opera's mobile optimization, XBMC HTTP-R requires slight side-scrolling to see the whole screen.

2. The N75 doesn't have a touch screen which means I have to navigate through the clickable items on the page with the arrow control. Again, this works but the items are not highlighted so I can see which button is selected.

What changes would I have to make to fit better on a 240 x 320 display? Is it possible to make a "mouseover" highlight so I can see what's being selected?

Thanks!!

Can you post a screenshot of your mobile (or take a picture), from the tv-series page and "more controls => screenshot" page, and post it somewhere, so I can fix the resolution problem for you?

I will create a mouse over state for the items in the next release (if you want to do a quick (and more or less dirty) fix, add

Code:
a:hover {
background: #EFEFEF;
text-decoration: underline;
}

to the stylesheet located in interface/ppc/inspire/240/style.css (add it on top of this document)
XiniX88 Wrote:... Still hoping to see a developer who is willing to create such things.

why don't you crosspost or move this topic to Creative and Creators Corner http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=32 ...........lots of developers there!
XiniX88 Wrote:Can you post a screenshot of your mobile (or take a picture), from the tv-series page and "more controls => screenshot" page, and post it somewhere, so I can fix the resolution problem for you?

This is the best I could do. :-(

One
Two
Three
XiniX88 Wrote:Don't know what kind of browser you are using... includes/config.php line 18 must have:
Code:
$_CONF['theme']['ppc'] = "inspire";

If so, change index.php line 40 from:
Code:
return "pc";

to:
Code:
return "ppc";

Else you've probably ruined your config.php, please configure it again...

If it still isn't working you have to edit index.php line 15, change:
Code:
$this->path = "interface/".$browser."/".$_CONF['theme'][$browser]."/";

to:
Code:
$this->path = "interface/".$browser."/inspire/";

I Have exactly the same problem. After I did suggested edits I get this

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\htdocs\XBMC\interface\ppc\inspire\index.php on line 62

Sorry but I am a total n00b when it comes to networks. I tried it on Nokia E71, also on PC using all known browsers including Opera 9.63..no luck though

Thanks in advance.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC HTTP-R, Remote Control Web App for PDA, PPC, or Smartphone (developers wanted)0