I plan on doing something which may not be worth it but need to know something?
Hey Guys,

I have been waiting patiently for when xbmc supports AAC 5.1 sound as well as AAC 5.1 to dolby digital 5.1 real time encoding. I know it's on your to do list but I would really like to know when it's coming out. I ask this as I plan on installing mac osx leopard 10.5 on windows just so I can install plex which already supports AAC 5.1 and AAC 5.1 to dolby digital 5.1 real time encoding. All this I'm doing just so I can play back AAC 5.1 sound. People say it's not worth it and I should just wait for XBMC to support this. Should I wait, but how long. I know it's a big job to get mac osx running you know with all the bugs. All this just so I can playback a sound format.

So I ask when will xbmc support AAC 5.1 real time encoding to dolby digital 5.1?

Please answer me on this

many thanks in advance
We have no date for it. If you can find someone who could code it it might go faster but until now it's only on the roadmap.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I plan on doing something which may not be worth it but need to know something?0