[ATV] Shutting down / Powering saving suggestions
I currently have my Apple TV (2.2) w/ Atlantis set up in my bedroom. I usually watch some shows until I fall asleep. I set a timer on my TV so that it shuts off, but XBMC just kind of hangs there.

Previously on my XBOX I had it set so that whenever XBMC went idle for about 30-minutes it shutdown.

Is there away to do something similar w/ the Apple TV? I understand that the ATV doesn't shutdown, so perhaps forcing it into standby or sending it to the main menu.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
kirbypuckett Wrote:I currently have my Apple TV (2.2) w/ Atlantis set up in my bedroom. I usually watch some shows until I fall asleep. I set a timer on my TV so that it shuts off, but XBMC just kind of hangs there.

Previously on my XBOX I had it set so that whenever XBMC went idle for about 30-minutes it shutdown.

Is there away to do something similar w/ the Apple TV? I understand that the ATV doesn't shutdown, so perhaps forcing it into standby or sending it to the main menu.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

No, the AppleTV power supply is on/off by the power plug so control of it is not possible.
But there is the "new" option in 2.2 to switch to "Stand-by", can this be implemented into XMBC?

Otherwise use a "lamp-timer"-thingy, just set the times of "on/off" and there you are Smile
davilla Wrote:No, the AppleTV power supply is on/off by the power plug so control of it is not possible.

I know that, I mentioned it in my post.

I'm curious if there's away to force a stand by. I may have not describe it well enough, so I'll try to clarify.

Like the poster said above this one, I want to set an timer so that the ATV forces into standby.
About power saving.

The apple tv is always using about 15 watts, stanby or on. You have to unplug it to realy save power

So there's not much saving.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV] Shutting down / Powering saving suggestions0