Windows Patchstick Issues
I spent last night making myself a patchstick with atv-win-1.0.b11 and had several problems before I was able to get it to work and just wanted to post in case people were having the same issues as me. They are pretty evident, but there are probably others who are having the same issues.

First the unzipping feature that comes in Vista wasn't handling the zip file well at all. It was leaving out multiple files and folders which was giving me errors when I ran the batch file. When I unzipped it using 7-zip, http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/, it worked like a charm. Even if windows had unzipped the .zip file correctly I don't think it would have worked because there are .7z files in it.

Secondly, when i tried to use USB Image Tool to restore the image to the flash drive I assumed that clicking the Device tab was putting it in device mode which wasn't true. There is a drop down menue above the Drive icon that is defaulted to volume. You need to change this to Device or you will get an error message when linux is booting on the aTV which eventually endes with it asking for "penbuntu password: _" I have read other places that you will get this error messege with cheap flash drives too.
marcdd2 Wrote:I spent last night making myself a patchstick with atv-win-1.0.b11 and had several problems before I was able to get it to work and just wanted to post in case people were having the same issues as me. They are pretty evident, but there are probably others who are having the same issues.

First the unzipping feature that comes in Vista wasn't handling the zip file well at all. It was leaving out multiple files and folders which was giving me errors when I ran the batch file. When I unzipped it using 7-zip, http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/, it worked like a charm. Even if windows had unzipped the .zip file correctly I don't think it would have worked because there are .7z files in it.

Secondly, when i tried to use USB Image Tool to restore the image to the flash drive I assumed that clicking the Device tab was putting it in device mode which wasn't true. There is a drop down menue above the Drive icon that is defaulted to volume. You need to change this to Device or you will get an error message when linux is booting on the aTV which eventually endes with it asking for "penbuntu password: _" I have read other places that you will get this error messege with cheap flash drives too.

The batch script would have worked if ALL the contents are un-zipped. 7-zip is inside the tools directory as are the other required tools and USB Image Tool will get downloaded by the batch file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Patchstick Issues0