Xbox user trying to set up new Apple TV
I just got my new Apple TV (software version 1.0) and am trying to set up XBMC so that I can upgrade from my Xbox running XBMC.

I created the patchstick as per the sticky and booted up the ATV with the patchstick in the USB slot and with a network (but no Internet) connection but the installation failed without completing successfully.

I noticed that it had stopped with telnetd running so I did a telnet into the box and modified /etc/hosts so that the box would not automatically upgrade when connected to the Internet.

I then tried to follow the instructions to do a manual upgrade to 2.2 only to discover that I cannot connect to the ATV through either SSH or SCP. (I'm using Putty and WinSCP respectively on a Windows machine for this).

Am I missing a step that would allow access to the box through SSH?

Or should I let it upgrade to 2.3 and then try to downgrade?

I'd prefer to not try random things and am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
Following up to my own message, I discovered that the USB image was apparently not being correctly created by the GUI version of the windows utility and the command line version did indeed install.

I can now play with it some more.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox user trying to set up new Apple TV0