Event Server not working in XBMC live
I went through every howto and other docs I could find and I can not get the Event server to function for outside (not localhost) connections.

every time I open the 9777 port on the machine it get a port refusal. The XBMC live install works perfectly other than that and that the webserver does not function.

any ideas?
timgray Wrote:I went through every howto and other docs I could find and I can not get the Event server to function for outside (not localhost) connections.

every time I open the 9777 port on the machine it get a port refusal. The XBMC live install works perfectly other than that and that the webserver does not function.

any ideas?

did you enable connections from remote computers in settings -> network?
Yup. the little enable lite in the menu is on. Still no ports open.
I Actually havent tried it, might be something similair to what we had with CD/DVD werent working.
Perhaps we need to be added to a group of some kind.
Please file a ticket for it so we wont forget about it

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
ticket submitted. Hope it get's resolved soon as I need to write a crestron control module for XBMC Live for a client and need either the webserver or preferably the event server external control working.
I think i am experiencing the same thing -- webserver does not appear to be working in XBMC Live (Atlantis 8.10). Never had this problem in the beta releases. I managed to connect to the webserver today but it was not consistently responsive. I would get to my library, select a song to play and nothing would happen.

I tried to connect using XBMC Remote (on my iPod touch) and also verified the lack of connection using a web browser on a computer with wired ethernet.
Supporter of all things Linux, Android, XBMC and NextPVR
Never mind. Working fine for me now...
Supporter of all things Linux, Android, XBMC and NextPVR
I still cant get this to work NO webserver and no event server connections are working. IS there a beta realease of XBMC live I can try to see if it goes away?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Event Server not working in XBMC live0