• 3(current)
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
great, thanks for the fix ... was struggeling with that too!
I couldn't get this to install on win64. Anyone else succeeded?
The memory allocation inflates to over 1Gb and didn't seem to want to stop. Splash screen showing.
Will this work if my setup is one folder with multiple files?

Example:
My Movies/10000 BC.avi
My Movies/28 Day Later.avi
My Movies/28 Weeks Later.avi
coastal Wrote:I couldn't get this to install on win64. Anyone else succeeded?
The memory allocation inflates to over 1Gb and didn't seem to want to stop. Splash screen showing.

I haven't tested it under 64bit windows, but it should work.

Are you running XP 64bit or Vista 64bit?

Try using the patch version. It is a stripped down exe file that doesn't embed the cached information and impawards poster xmls.
It does require admin rights to run as it's writing data to c:\program files\movieinfoplus

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/moviein...se_mirror=

please let me know if that works.
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:Will this work if my setup is one folder with multiple files?

Example:
My Movies/10000 BC.avi
My Movies/28 Day Later.avi
My Movies/28 Weeks Later.avi

It's designed to use the folder names for the movie information.

You would need to create a folder for each movie.
Example:
My Movies/10000 BC/10000 BC.avi
My Movies/28 Days Later/28 Day Later.avi
My Movies/28 Weeks Later/28 Weeks Later.avi

The folder requirement allows the movie.nfo, movie.tbn, fanart.jpg, and you'll be able to name the actual movie file whatever you want, use the same nfo for multiple files, use the same tbn file for mutlple movies (tbn is the thumbnail image used in library mode). A note on the naming of the file, if the file has multiple parts (i.e. stackable) , it will need to follow the stacking requirements for xbmc to see it (i.e. -part1 and -part2, etc)

I think someone posted a link to a program that will create the folders and move the files into them automatically in this thread.

I'll add a utility later that will be able to do this as well, but Beta 2 is my current priority.

Beta 2 of MIP will add in the following and should be ready in a week or two
movie.nfo support (done)
movie.tbn support (in progress)
fanart.jpg (in the root folder, done)
Ability to select the displayed poster size for both the icon used for the folder.jpg and the displayed poster size used for the tbn file. (done)
Ability to pick different folder.jpg images as well as the image for the tbn file (or to use the same image for both, which is what it does now)

tmdb poster size and file size labels (waiting)
and hopefully I'll have the tv shows portion stable enough to enable it (in work)

Some of the features (movie.nfo, movie.tbn, fanart.jpg in the root folder, movie-trailer.<ext>) are only available in the svn build of xbmc.

The default settings for MIP in beta 2 will be geared for maximum compatibility.
I name all of my multi-file movies like this....

Wanted a.avi
Wanted b.avi

and XBMC always recognize them right.

Is the naming "Part 1" + "Part 2" thing new to XBMC or can I still use A + B?
fekker Wrote:It's designed to use the folder names for the movie information.

You would need to create a folder for each movie.
Example:
My Movies/10000 BC/10000 BC.avi
My Movies/28 Days Later/28 Day Later.avi
My Movies/28 Weeks Later/28 Weeks Later.avi

The folder requirement allows the movie.nfo, movie.tbn, fanart.jpg, and you'll be able to name the actual movie file whatever you want, use the same nfo for multiple files, use the same tbn file for mutlple movies (tbn is the thumbnail image used in library mode). A note on the naming of the file, if the file has multiple parts (i.e. stackable) , it will need to follow the stacking requirements for xbmc to see it (i.e. -part1 and -part2, etc)

What are the benefits of doing things this way? I would think that by having each movie in its own folder makes navigating in File Mode more cumbersome. Granted library mode wont have issues but I like having File Mode easy to navigate as I jump out of Library mode sometimes.
I also have the same problem as Costal using Vista Home Premium 64bit but it is working fine on my Win XP Pro laptop (well it boots, not tried anything else).

Tried just extracting the archive and running the exe, and tried both 2211 and 2237 version with the same effect. you get the splash screen but it just takes more and more memory until it crashed or you end it.

Thanks
I've uploaded a version that might fix that vista issue, please give it a try and let me know if it works or not..

Note: this test build is not a stable build yet, I wouldn't run it against your movie collection as it's an internal build of beta 2 that is not complete.

thanks!
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfile..._id=646098
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:I name all of my multi-file movies like this....

Wanted a.avi
Wanted b.avi

and XBMC always recognize them right.

Is the naming "Part 1" + "Part 2" thing new to XBMC or can I still use A + B?

the part1 portion was just an example
gabbott Wrote:What are the benefits of doing things this way? I would think that by having each movie in its own folder makes navigating in File Mode more cumbersome. Granted library mode wont have issues but I like having File Mode easy to navigate as I jump out of Library mode sometimes.

It's just a different way to organize the media. If everything is in the same folder, direct dvd format (i.e. VIDEO_TS folders) are limited to 1 movie. Different front-ends are compatable with different formats, VIDEO_TS being supported by many of them. Finding the movie when there's a few hundred of them, with each having 3 - 7 files that go along with it (fanart, icon, trailer, nfo, mutli-part movies, etc), can be a pain. Not to mention the 600,000 naming conventions on files makes scanning to determine what movie it is a pain in the butt. (ok, i'm going overboard on the 600,000 naming conventions, but you get my point) Smile

There's no right way, or wrong way, it's just different ways to organize it.

I used to use only the file view, but have found with having the .nfo, icons, etc being scanned in, that the library view is awesome.
Smile 
fekker Wrote:It's designed to use the folder names for the movie information.

Beta 2 of MIP will add in the following and should be ready in a week or two
movie.nfo support (done)
movie.tbn support (in progress)
fanart.jpg (in the root folder, done)
Ability to select the displayed poster size for both the icon used for the folder.jpg and the displayed poster size used for the tbn file. (done)
Ability to pick different folder.jpg images as well as the image for the tbn file (or to use the same image for both, which is what it does now)

tmdb poster size and file size labels (waiting)
and hopefully I'll have the tv shows portion stable enough to enable it (in work)

Some of the features (movie.nfo, movie.tbn, fanart.jpg in the root folder, movie-trailer.<ext>) are only available in the svn build of xbmc.

The default settings for MIP in beta 2 will be geared for maximum compatibility.

There's some cool stuff in there! With the option to have folder.jpg and the tbn file to use different images would that then allow a movie in XBMC to have a poster icon, fanart and a wide icon too? That would be cool and would allow for better presentation with the various display formats.

I'm looking forward to having a play with the tv show options...

JiveTalker
Jive talkin, just isnt a crime
JiveTalker Wrote:There's some cool stuff in there! With the option to have folder.jpg and the tbn file to use different images would that then allow a movie in XBMC to have a poster icon, fanart and a wide icon too? That would be cool and would allow for better presentation with the various display formats.

I'm looking forward to having a play with the tv show options...

JiveTalker

For the icons, it sorta does.
folder.jpg is used for the file view
the tbn is used for the library icon
the fanart is used for the library backdrop

so you could use wide icons for file view
poster icon for library view
and the fanart for the library backdrop

It would be really cool to be able to use different icons based on the view type, that would be a great feature request. .. must .. focus.. must .. not.. get .. sidetracked.. again.. Big Grin (but i'll look anyway)
So, before i change to all my movies being in folders.... should i wait for your next release so I can name them movie.tbn etc?
fekker Wrote:For the icons, it sorta does.
folder.jpg is used for the file view
the tbn is used for the library icon
the fanart is used for the library backdrop

so you could use wide icons for file view
poster icon for library view
and the fanart for the library backdrop

It would be really cool to be able to use different icons based on the view type, that would be a great feature request. .. must .. focus.. must .. not.. get .. sidetracked.. again.. Big Grin (but i'll look anyway)

Sorry to keep distracting you, you're doing great work! Smile

In an ideal world for each movie I would like to store 4 images in each movie folder:
poster
wideicon
box
fanart

These could be stored as:
movietitle-poster.jpg
movietitle-wideicon.jpg
movietitle-box.jpg
movietitle-fanart.jpg

With the current version of XBMC only supporting fanart plus 2 other images (ie movietitle.tbn and folder.jpg, which could be different but are currently the same in MIP) then MIP could allow the user to select 4 images (as above) and then chose which 2 image types to duplicate in movietitle.tbn and folder.jpg.

If XBMC was ever expanded to allow the use of all 4 images types (a very good idea in my personal opinion) then each MIP user would already have all of their collection organised and it would be very easy to create a button on MIP that renamed/duplicated/deleted such that the entire collection conformed to the new standard and no image files were duplicated unnecessarily.

I'm not sure how the tv episode images work, I'm looking forward to having a play with that soon! :-)

Does anyone know where I can find details of the folder structure and naming standards that I would need to use to process my tv shows? I'd quite like to get started on that in preparation for when Fekker adds the tv function shortly.

I'm guessing that it would be something like this:

\Tv Shows\Heroes
\Tv Shows\Heroes\Season 1
\Tv Shows\Heroes\Season 1\Heroes S01E01xxxxxxx.avi
\Tv Shows\Heroes\Season 1\Heroes S01E02xxxxxxx.avi

where xxxxxxxx is random text including possibly source type, ripper etc.

Would other variations of the season and episode number format also work? Presumable it wouldn't matter whether things were in the correct case?

Is there an image library somewhere that has screen shots from each episode of popular tv series of recent years?
Jive talkin, just isnt a crime
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows1