• 7(current)
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
JiveTalker Wrote:I've installed rev 2305 but I still get the following error on loading tv shows:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
at movieinfoplus.tvshowcollection.updatetvshows()
at movieinfoplus.maincollection.kbtnTVReadFolder_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.b(Object A_0, MouseEventArgs A_1)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.OnClick(MouseEventArgs e)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.MouseUp(Control c, Point pt, MouseButtons button)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewManager.MouseUp(MouseEventArgs e, Point rawPt)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I'm trying to isolate this issue, can you send me a list of the files and folders it's scanning.. (start > run> enter "cmd" .. from the command line, change to that directory and run the following .. "dir /a/p" .. please run that on the main directory and each TVShow directory)
fekker Wrote:Create a new empty file called noextrez.txt in c:\program files\movieinfoplus
That will tell MIP to not attempt to extract any resources and see if it generates the config.xml in c:\program files\movieinfoplus

if the config.xml is not generated, copy it from your machine that MIP is working on to c:\program files\movieinfoplus\config.xml

See if either of those work, and please report back. If they fail, i'll do a custom debug build for it that logs as it goes to try to isolate the failure point.

Another thing to try is to enable the administrator account (for vista) log in with that account (Administrator) and see if it works. It may be a permissions issue.

Looks like it is a problem with the x64 version of Vista. I installed on my laptop running Vista x86 and it worked great.

I already had the noextrez.txt in place and it unfortunately, didn't help. Copied the config.xml file over, as one wasn't created, and no luck there either. Ran the program as Admin....nada.

Thanks for you assistance in getting this working. I imagine there are a few other folks out there that are running x64 systems as well.

David
david81 Wrote:Looks like it is a problem with the x64 version of Vista. I installed on my laptop running Vista x86 and it worked great.

I already had the noextrez.txt in place and it unfortunately, didn't help. Copied the config.xml file over, as one wasn't created, and no luck there either. Ran the program as Admin....nada.

Thanks for you assistance in getting this working. I imagine there are a few other folks out there that are running x64 systems as well.

David
Give this build a try to see if it will open up at all. It's rev 4 of the mono build for multiple platforms so it will look very odd, just want to see if it opens.
http://rapidshare.com/files/175281732/mo...a.zip.html
fekker Wrote:Give this build a try to see if it will open up at all. It's rev 4 of the mono build for multiple platforms so it will look very odd, just want to see if it opens.
http://rapidshare.com/files/175281732/mo...a.zip.html

Well, that one launches and does look very odd Smile I got an error dialog while opening though.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Windows.Forms.GroupBox' to type 'System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize'. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Windows.Forms.GroupBox' to type 'System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize'.
   at movieinfoplus.GettingStartedWizard.InitializeComponent()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at movieinfoplus.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance)
   at movieinfoplus.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_GettingStartedWizard()
   at movieinfoplus.frmMyCollection.mainform_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
movieinfoplus
    Assembly Version: 0.0.2.4
    Win32 Version: 0.0.2.4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/movieinfoplus/movieinfoplus.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hope this helps.
Build 2306 has been posted and should resolve the issue with the loading the tv shows, additional checks are now in place.

Thanks for the information on the x64 version, that narrows it down to digital signing on one of two addon components, I'll see if i can get the one unsigned .dll I'm using signed so it will work under x64 versions, I suspect that is the cause.

UPDATE: I created a one off build for x64 that removes the tab control addon and posted it to sourceforge as MovieInfoPlus_Beta2_rev2306_full_install_x64.exe .. this was a quick one off build as a test to see if that truely is the cause.
fekker Wrote:Thanks for the information on the x64 version, that narrows it down to digital signing on one of two addon components, I'll see if i can get the one unsigned .dll I'm using signed so it will work under x64 versions, I suspect that is the cause.

I think I should be the one thanking you. I'll keep an eye on the thread for any updates and will happily test any new builds Smile
fekker Wrote:I'm trying to isolate this issue, can you send me a list of the files and folders it's scanning.. (start > run> enter "cmd" .. from the command line, change to that directory and run the following .. "dir /a/p" .. please run that on the main directory and each TVShow directory)

Hi, I managed to figure out which show it was having a problem with so here are the details for that show:

Directory of Z:\TELEVISION SHOWS\Standard Definition\TEMP

12/21/2008 19:16 <DIR> .
12/21/2008 19:16 <DIR> ..
12/20/2008 15:14 <DIR> Panorama
0 File(s) 0 bytes
3 Dir(s) 177,874,333,696 bytes free

Z:\TELEVISION SHOWS\Standard Definition\TEMP>cd Panorama

Z:\TELEVISION SHOWS\Standard Definition\TEMP\Panorama>dir /a/p
Volume in drive Z is FreeAgent Drive
Volume Serial Number is E8B2-908D

Directory of Z:\TELEVISION SHOWS\Standard Definition\TEMP\Panorama

12/20/2008 15:14 <DIR> .
12/20/2008 15:14 <DIR> ..
12/19/2008 00:43 200,096 fanart.jpg
12/18/2008 16:11 40,598 folder.jpg
12/19/2008 00:52 <DIR> Series 55
12/21/2008 19:17 6,144 Thumbs.db
12/21/2008 19:16 1,335 tvshow.nfo
4 File(s) 248,173 bytes
3 Dir(s) 177,874,333,696 bytes free

Z:\TELEVISION SHOWS\Standard Definition\TEMP\Panorama>cd Series 55

Z:\TELEVISION SHOWS\Standard Definition\TEMP\Panorama\Series 55>dir /a/p
Volume in drive Z is FreeAgent Drive
Volume Serial Number is E8B2-908D

Directory of Z:\TELEVISION SHOWS\Standard Definition\TEMP\Panorama\Series 55

12/19/2008 00:52 <DIR> .
12/19/2008 00:52 <DIR> ..
12/21/2008 19:16 365 Panorama S55E10 - Scientology The Road To Total Freedom.nfo
05/14/2007 22:56 112,100,166 Panorama S55E10 - Scientology The Road To Total Freedom.wmv
05/14/2007 22:56 589 scientology.nfo
12/19/2008 00:17 10,752 Thumbs.db
4 File(s) 112,111,872 bytes
2 Dir(s) 177,874,333,696 bytes free
UNQUOTE

The only thing that looks unusual to me is that it is series(season) 55. Is it possible that some of the logic doesn't cope with numbers that big? Other than that, everything seems fairly normal.

JiveTalker
Jive talkin, just isnt a crime
JiveTalker Wrote:The only thing that looks unusual to me is that it is series(season) 55. Is it possible that some of the logic doesn't cope with numbers that big? Other than that, everything seems fairly normal.

JiveTalker
Bingo, that's the issue. I have a hardcoded limit for the number of seasons in place to keep the main tvshow array in check, it appears that limit was too low to handle these. I've bumped it to 100 seasons and will have that in the next revision. It shouldn't make much difference in performance even at 100.
fekker Wrote:Bingo, that's the issue. I have a hardcoded limit for the number of seasons in place to keep the main tvshow array in check, it appears that limit was too low to handle these. I've bumped it to 100 seasons and will have that in the next revision. It shouldn't make much difference in performance even at 100.

It's nice when it turns out to be something simple. Smile I'm not sure that the SxxExx naming format copes with seasons/episodes that are 3 digits anyway.

I have my tv shows in two separate folders, one for HD and one for SD. Any title in both folders will be listed twice (and no way of telling which is which) and the program will error if I click on either entry, probably due to lack of unique identification. An obvious way around this is to only process one path at a time.

On a completely different subject, when I try to add my content to XBMC I am having a few problems. Firstly the tv "season poster" artwork doesn't seem to get detected although the thumb, fanart and episode screenshots are fine. Do I need to move them into the season folders? It also doesn't seem to pick up any of my IMDb and TheTVDb content from the NFO files. I did get it to scan through the tv series and populate the database but I think it was getting the data from the internet. With movies the only way I can find to get data in is to let it go off to the internet and get content for an individual title. Do you know of any documentation or instructions that would help me?

JiveTalker
JiveTalker Wrote:It's nice when it turns out to be something simple. Smile I'm not sure that the SxxExx naming format copes with seasons/episodes that are 3 digits anyway.

I have my tv shows in two separate folders, one for HD and one for SD. Any title in both folders will be listed twice (and no way of telling which is which) and the program will error if I click on either entry, probably due to lack of unique identification. An obvious way around this is to only process one path at a time.

On a completely different subject, when I try to add my content to XBMC I am having a few problems. Firstly the tv "season poster" artwork doesn't seem to get detected although the thumb, fanart and episode screenshots are fine. Do I need to move them into the season folders? It also doesn't seem to pick up any of my IMDb and TheTVDb content from the NFO files. I did get it to scan through the tv series and populate the database but I think it was getting the data from the internet. With movies the only way I can find to get data in is to let it go off to the internet and get content for an individual title. Do you know of any documentation or instructions that would help me?

JiveTalker

Make sure you check the "use folder names for lookups" in xbmc

Some features require a newer version of XBMC then the file release (movie.nfo, additional fanart checks, movie.tbn), there's a thread with nightly SVN builds in the forums, or you could compile from SVN.

And here's a question for those using MIP.

How many icons should I allow you to view in MIP per style.
Here's a specific case as an example
TV Show: CSI
Number of Box Shots: More then 250
Number of Wide Icons: More then 100

I currently set the max to 24 per icon, with the default as 8 to download, 8 to display, per type. I can expand that back to 36, or upwards of just about any number, but the more picture boxes that I add to the gui, the longer it will take to clear all of them between each movie/tv show, and the more resources it will consume.

I was thinking of just bumping the number of box shots to 50, meaning add another 26 picture boxes to the gui under box shots. This will mean alot of the box shots will not show up, if i add 214 more, I'm not sure the form will remain stable as it would then have upwards of 500 images loaded per show.
fekker Wrote:Make sure you check the "use folder names for lookups" in xbmc
I already had that selected.

fekker Wrote:Some features require a newer version of XBMC then the file release (movie.nfo, additional fanart checks, movie.tbn), there's a thread with nightly SVN builds in the forums, or you could compile from SVN.
I downloaded and installed Jester's latest SVN build on Friday - Rev16603. However, when I click on the Info button in XBMC it says "Pre-9.04 SVN:Unknown (Compiled: Dec 18 2009)". This doesn't sound right. If this is my problem, is this compiled from an older source than the current release version? Is there any particular SVN you would recommend? :confused2:

JiveTalker
Hey man,

Love this program! I like the wider variety of images it allows me to work with...plus the fact that it leaves my multipart movies alone is great.

A few suggestions/requests:

When it auto-renames the movie file to the proper name, it has a tendency of leaving behind any other .tbn/.nfo files that were named after the same file.

So, for example, it would rename:

prevail-thematrix.avi to

The Matrix.avi

but leave

prevail-thematrix.nfo and prevail-thematrix.tbn sitting there. Any chance of having it remember the old filename, then delete anything else using that name?

The other problem is that it sometimes doesn't recognize fanart or unique covers I have, and then when I try to load those files manually, the program gives me a "file in use" error. Something about the app trying to read/write simultaneously to the same spot?

Regardless, this program rocks. I definitely prefer it to Media Companion...
Smile 
JiveTalker Wrote:...when I try to add my content to XBMC I am having a few problems. Firstly the tv "season poster" artwork doesn't seem to get detected although the thumb, fanart and episode screenshots are fine. Do I need to move them into the season folders? It also doesn't seem to pick up any of my IMDb and TheTVDb content from the NFO files. I did get it to scan through the tv series and populate the database but I think it was getting the data from the internet.

I have the cause of at least some of the problems above. I have an external Seagate USB drive containing all my tv shows. XBMC seems to sometimes have difficulty connecting to the drive. When selecting this drive from the list of drives XBMC sometimes jumps back to Documents and Settings on the C drive! I plugged the drive into a different pc and asked it to scan my folders and it correctly picked up all the season artwork.

JiveTalker Wrote:With movies the only way I can find to get data in is to let it go off to the internet and get content for an individual title. Do you know of any documentation or instructions that would help me?

My movies are on an internal hard disk so that's not the issue with them.
hi fekker -

First of all, hats off and appreciate the effort. From a movies perspective - this tool is perfect for me, but I am unable to use it to manage my TV Shows because of the fixed naming convention. To be clear - what the TV shows were named was really arbitrary to me (I could care less), but presently they are organized as follows:

TV Shows/Series Name/Season 1/Series Name [1x01] Episode Name.avi

Multi-episodes are as follows:

TV Shows/Series Name/Season 1/Series Name [1x01-02] Episode Name.avi

Before someone suggests it, I have 121 series containing over 11000 episodes. Renaming all of these episodes is just not practical.

May I respectfully suggest that the use of a regexp may do the trick? Perhaps the regexp that is used in <tvshowmatching> in advancesettings.xml would work? See the information here. This may also prove to be a useful method to allow the override of other naming formats that the program may expect to see.

Thanks again, and I hope you have a great holiday season!

-m
mst3kroqs Wrote:hi fekker -

First of all, hats off and appreciate the effort. From a movies perspective - this tool is perfect for me, but I am unable to use it to manage my TV Shows because of the fixed naming convention. To be clear - what the TV shows were named was really arbitrary to me (I could care less), but presently they are organized as follows:

TV Shows/Series Name/Season 1/Series Name [1x01] Episode Name.avi

Multi-episodes are as follows:

TV Shows/Series Name/Season 1/Series Name [1x01-02] Episode Name.avi

Before someone suggests it, I have 121 series containing over 11000 episodes. Renaming all of these episodes is just not practical.

May I respectfully suggest that the use of a regexp may do the trick? Perhaps the regexp that is used in <tvshowmatching> in advancesettings.xml would work? See the information here. This may also prove to be a useful method to allow the override of other naming formats that the program may expect to see.

Thanks again, and I hope you have a great holiday season!

-m

Those will work in the next revision, along with a bunch more icon selection options for TV Shows and a use your own regex option, hopefully one that will allow you to test it before use, still figuring out that part, and an option to use movies that are not in folders...... stay tuned for more revisions after the Holiday's.

Happy Holidays!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows1