• 8(current)
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
I too am MOST interested in checking out this program! However like some others I am on Vista x64 and am having the issues that have been mentioned previously. Splash displays, memory usage skyrockets, program crashes. Sad This was using MovieInfoPlus_Beta2_rev2306_full_install_x64.exe as mentioned a page or so back. I would be VERY happy to assist in debugging this if you've got a build that can spit out some data that would be helpful for you. Please let me know if there's something I can do to help figure out this issue...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Okay, got it up and running on XP. Puzzled as to why there's so many IMDB files being dumped to the drive vs doing a lookup for just what is needed. Many buttons coming up unlabeled and some sections of the display squeezed enough that I cannot read the text. I do like that I can apparently sift out those movies without an NFO or icon or something but that section is a bit squished so I am having to be careful about what buttons I click or actions take lest I kick off something I won't want and cannot stop. TV shows also seem to be greyed out in the install I've got here. I have tried both the very latest I mentioned a moment ago and the Dec 3rd release so far. Potential for sure, really a needed tool IMO!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Rev 2319 uploaded

Key items
TV Show MutliEpisodes in one file - Tested and working with the latest svn build of XBMC (unsure of svn number, jesters dec 29th version), should work for all svn's after 16387 .. xbmc doesn't like my test file, it seems to load the data twice, from the .nfo file and then again with the .avi file (tested with a 0k file called Copy of chuck.s1e1e2e3.avi) so the count is off, and it shows the single file as well as the ones in the .nfo, not sure why it's doing that.

More icon choices for TV Shows, like Movies it now pulls mediaicons.org data.
-Notes: 3d box shots are the most common for icon types, some shows have hundreds of them, i've added 90 something to the gui (96 i think), and allow up to 100 to be downloaded in the settings, the default is 8 icons, you will want to increase this for tv shows to something higher, the downfall is that it does take time to load all those icons.
-Look at the bottom of the application window to see what icon its saving it as, it's in the big old font where movies show the folder data
-There some more work to do yet in that area, but it's getting better
-Ignore the long vertical line in wide icon view, it's going to be used to scale those boxes for the number of icons selected, but currently is fixed and visable, it's not your eyeballs playing tricks on you.

File Level movie selection - since some folk don't like folders, I've added it
- You must enable it under the folder settings, read the pop up box that shows up when you click it.
- Don't mix file level and folder level, it will NOT work
- Stacking is not yet working, so multipart movies show up as two different movies
- Some settings are for folder mode only and are automatically ignored when using files instead of folders for movies

DPI settings and MIP
96 is the default for Windows
120 is large
anything else is custom

I've changed the gui to support 96 and 120 dpi, anything higher will shift the content out of the intended area

HD Posters display sizes and resolution and now select correctly if your using different icons for the folder.jpg and tbn file

There's two installers, one has the IMDB cached data (to speed things up when loading movies) the other does not, pick the install that is right for you.

The installers will remove your old config file, this is needed as I add more features since they dont' exist and I'm too lazy to code single line checks for every new item.
WOOHOO! Success on Vista x64! Now I just need to get this box going on the transcoding of the library to mkvs....see you in a couple months...
david81 Wrote:WOOHOO! Success on Vista x64! Now I just need to get this box going on the transcoding of the library to mkvs....see you in a couple months...

It works under x64 now?
What did ya have to do to get that going? I didn't change any core items that should have fixed that part.. unless it was that one form that wasn't suppost to be in there and was never called.
fekker Wrote:It works under x64 now?
What did ya have to do to get that going? I didn't change any core items that should have fixed that part.

Hmmm...That's odd. I didn't change anything. Just installed and away it went. Haven't really done anything to my system lately. I'll be anxious to hear if I just got lucky of if it works for other Vista x64 folks....
david81 Wrote:Hmmm...That's odd. I didn't change anything. Just installed and away it went. Haven't really done anything to my system lately. I'll be anxious to hear if I just got lucky of if it works for other Vista x64 folks....

It might have been a form that was left over from testing, I did pull that sucker from this build. In addition one reference to an uncalled library and some (12,000 lines of code) of junk from failed custom color scheme.

Awesome that it works now.
Does indeed work on Vista 64 and many of the buttons etc. that I had issues with before are now working too! Big improvement for me - still trying to figure it all out though Wink
I second that it works fine on Vista x64, and like BLKMGK, I'm still trying to figure it out.
Just curious is there a way maybe to get DVD covers from Amazon? I have some DVD's that don't have covers when scraping from IMDB, but I usually go to Amazon and I can find them there. Just a thought. But it's a pretty good program overall. Good job.
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Hey fekker...

A small request.

I have three monitors...and severe ADD. This makes me a big fan of multitasking, especially when a program is busy thinking about something else.

But you can see here that when I'm doing the scan of my rather substantial TV library, the program WGET likes to steal focus...over and over again.

My question is...can you fix this so that WGet runs silently? I know I don't go reloading my TV library that frequently, but it would be nice on those rare occassions to not have to get up and do something else while I'm waiting for everything to be loaded...

Just curious.
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll look into adding imdb image options, that should be easy enough to pull.

I'll add an option so you can choose if it will to display the wget windows for tv shows, and the TV Show language selection that I keep forgetting.
fekker Wrote:I'll add an option so you can choose if it will to display the wget windows for tv shows, and the TV Show language selection that I keep forgetting.

Very cool. I'll be checking for an update for that.

Also...I thought I saw this discussed already, but the program doesn't detect the individual TV episodes if they're not in a Season folder?

I use a program called TheRenamer to batch rename all my eps...it uses the format $Showname$.S01E01.$EpisodeTitle$.avi. Is there a way to have it download episode descriptions and thumbs without having them sorted into season folders?

(Mind you, this point is already moot as I've sorted everything by season, but again, I'm just curious)
digitalhigh Wrote:Very cool. I'll be checking for an update for that.

Also...I thought I saw this discussed already, but the program doesn't detect the individual TV episodes if they're not in a Season folder?

I use a program called TheRenamer to batch rename all my eps...it uses the format $Showname$.S01E01.$EpisodeTitle$.avi. Is there a way to have it download episode descriptions and thumbs without having them sorted into season folders?

(Mind you, this point is already moot as I've sorted everything by season, but again, I'm just curious)

As long as they are in a sub folder of the tvshow folder it will scan them regardless of what that sub folder is called, it just needs to be a sub folder to scan. Right now it doesn't use the folder name, but it will later. For cross compatibility, and future expansion, I recommend season folders and a specials folder.

Some Examples:
d:\Media\TVShows\House
d:\Media\TVShows\House\Season 1 <- Shows go here for season 1
d:\Media\TVShows\House\allothers <- Shows go here for all others

d:\Media\TVShows\House\All <- Shows go here

d:\Media\TVShows\House\namedoesntmatterhere <- Shows go here
fekker Wrote:As long as they are in a sub folder of the tvshow folder it will scan them regardless of what that sub folder is called, it just needs to be a sub folder to scan. Right now it doesn't use the folder name, but it will later. For cross compatibility, and future expansion, I recommend season folders and a specials folder.

Some Examples:
d:\Media\TVShows\House\Season 1 <- Shows go here for season 1
d:\Media\TVShows\House\allothers <- Shows go here for all others

d:\Media\TVShows\House\All <- Shows go here

d:\Media\TVShows\House\namedoesntmatterhere <- Shows go here

I get it. Cool.

Only other thing I noticed is that the program sometimes fails to download fanart if I've just uploaded it to TMDB. Example was last night when I created art for the tale of despereaux. I upped it last night, and it's still not scraping...

Edit: What about including a button or an option to update individual TV shows?
digitalhigh Wrote:I get it. Cool.

Only other thing I noticed is that the program sometimes fails to download fanart if I've just uploaded it to TMDB. Example was last night when I created art for the tale of despereaux. I upped it last night, and it's still not scraping...

Edit: What about including a button or an option to update individual TV shows?

It checks for new items anytime the movie / show is displayed (as long as it's in download mode)

There are two exception's to this..
One is for TV Shows, it will check based on the tv show modification date of the zip file from tvdb. You can change this setting under the settings for tv shows, global settings, 0 forces it to download it every time the show is open.

Two is for mediaicons.org, those files are not updated as often, it checks based on a hardcoded option of 30 days, you can remove the xml to cause it to re-download. (C:\Program Files\movieinfoplus\xml\xmls\<showname>.<format>.xml)

I'm gonna try out a new installer for the next build as there are additional external resources it's calling. The additional items are for image tagging derived from T.O.G.'s use of image magick, hopefully without the need to install anything other then Movie Info Plus.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows1