• 1(current)
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Thumbs Up 
With the additional items that Movie Info Plus can now support, it needs a new name.. and the winner is ... Media Info Plus

Please visit this thread for additional information and to download Media Info Plus - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47071

New features
- Add's support for Music (based on your ID3 tags in the music)
-- Fanart selection, album art selection, album renaming, image injection into the mp3 file, reads all xbmc supported formats (writes and image injections are limited to mp3s)
- Additional covers and images from http://www.freecovers.net - thanks to Max for all the help, customizations, and the api calls for MIP.. awesome site, awesome admin!
-- this will allow me to add in front covers, inserts, cd images and more for movies, music, blu-ray, etc..
- Optimized TV Shows, significant speed increases
- Add TV Show monitoring (find a new episode, automatically update it's nfo and thumbnail)
- TV Show episode renaming, displays a list of episodes that couldn't be prossed and allows you to modifiy the name, while checking it to ensure it will scan correctly.
- Full HD Flagging support (thanks to CptBry, you rock!)
- Image tagging (overlay) on Movies and TV Shows
- Updates to the look and feel of the program
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements over MIP current engine
- Currently being tested (thanks to david81, digitalhigh, hotzenpl0tz, JiveTalker, kizer and everyone else that has been working with the early builds and helping to improve it)
- Full wine support (wine 1.1.14) (some limitations apply)

~Current Version~ Movie Info Plus
Beta 2 - Build 2450 2/15/2009

rev 2450 -
Install 2448, patch to 2450 by extracting the exe from the zip file
Fixed movie.nfo not created, error during pre-cache, auto-pilot problems, System Volume Information and Lost+Found now ignored, Fixed extra html, control chars in imdb parsed data
Fixed extension not being added to fileinfo in .nfo file

And Running under Ubuntu (using wine 1.1.10)

What the heck is it?
Movie Info Plus is a movie manager (so to speak) that uses images and data from websites such as TheTVDB, TheMovieDB, impawards, mediaicons, and IMDb. By default it knows about more then 50,000 different posters from impawards and 44,000+ Movies from IMDb.

It allows you to select the icon (wide, box shot, poster, square, and others) for the thumbnail posters/covers as well as the FanArt image. Movie and TV Show metadata can be modified and edited from the user interface. It also uses API's from alot of the same websites that XBMC uses, including themoviedb.org (a.k.a. TMDb) and TheTVDB.com, with images from mediaicons.org and impawards.com as well as meta data from imdb.com

It allows pre-caching of the icons, posters/covers, FanArt, and more (this will take awhile, it downloads alot of images from many locations, all images are then user selectable under the settings)

What does it manage right now?
Movies - Yup
TV Shows - Yup
Home Videos - It will support these once I figure out what I want to be able to do with them
Music - coming soon!
What are the requirements?
- Internet connection to download the data, you can move cached downloaded data and use it on a standalone or enclave network.
- Patience - it downloads alot of data and images and this takes some time
- While not required, NTFS formatted drives are recommended as FAT32 drives have limits to the number of files and folders and my app will reach those limits if you have a big collection
- If your hard drive is formated using Fat32, use the version that does not include the imdb cached data, it leaves out the 44,000+ additional XML files that are cached IMDB data. Fat32 is limited to the number of files and directory sizes. NTFS is recommended.
- Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista - 32bit and 64bit versions (thanks to the folks that helped test that part out and give feedback)
- for Linux, use wine 1.1.8 or 1.1.10+ (a cross platform version will be created using mono, but it not close to working yet)

How does it handle Media Organization
It not longer requires that your movies are stored in folder format. (folder named the movie title, in that folder are your movie file(s)), this is my preferred method, file level options where added after build 2319 allow you to scan a folder full of movies.
Example:
D:\Movies\ <-- Root Movies Folder (select this for folder level)
In my D: Drive under the folder Movies I have the following movies
D:\Movies\The Matrix\
D:\Movies\Wall-E\
D:\Movies\Action\Die Hard\
D:\Movies\KidsJunk\Flowers and Me\

TV Shows
D:\TVShows\ <-- Root Tv Shows Folder (Add this folder)
D:\TVShows\Chuck\
D:\TVShows\Chuck\Season 1\
D:\TVShows\CSI\All\
D:\TVShows\House\everything\

What if i don't like it and want to change something or add a feature?
It's open source under the GPL, the SVN contains the full dev files that are needed. You will need your own API keys from themoviedb and tmdb to use it.

If you have a feature, feel free to request it, if it's not completely outside of the scope of the app, I will at least take a look into it. Feedback is the key.

What's Changed since the last revision/recently
rev 2434 addes the option for BOTH file and folder movies .. there is a different area to add each item type under the settings tab
added a new multi-threaded downloader with queue system to change how downloads are done, i like the new system alot better, and it's way faster.
complete support for movie.tbn, movie.nfo, fanart.jpg as well as all stacked name, <moviename>.nfo, etc.. all user selectable
Fixed renaming to actually clean up after itself and work the way is was intended to
Change about half of the core components to support tons of expansion, i..e there's a lot of changes in how it handles things on the backend.
Automatic poster and fanart and nfo creation for movies. when it's loaded, if it's not there, it'll assign a default set
Plot summary to Plot if plot is empty

DigitalHigh has done some killer work on the wiki as well, so now there's even examples and how to's up there.

Added wine specific fixes and hopefully have it working stable under wine 1.1.13 under all the different os's

You can keep your cache folder, the images don't change and it will save a ton of time so it's not redownloading images you already have.
(cache folder is c:\program files\movieinfoplus\cache)

New Feature - Image Tagging
I've made up a bunch of default icons, you can add your own, match the same size as the defaults for best results. Put your own into resource\tagimages\default (in the folder you want them to be tagged under, i.e. DVD for DVD, etc.) Only 18 per type are displayed in the GUI, so i'd keep it to a max of 18 per folder or name the ones you want to be displayed with a 1_ first so they will be pulled first

To use the tagging feature, you must install Image Magick
Image Magick does need to be 6.4.8-3-Q16 or newer Version the (16bit DLL version)
http://www.imagemagick.org/download/bina...ws-dll.exe

during the install check the following option
"Install ImageMagickObject OLE Control for VBscript, Visual Basic, and WSH"

x64 support (Vista and Windows XP 64bit)

If you already have a version of installed, and don't want it to extract the cached xml's, create a blank text file in c:\program files\movieinfoplus called noextrez.txt - "c:\program files\movieinfoplus\noextrez.txt"

Tabs are now disabled if they do not apply to the current TV Show selection, and sometimes your shown a disabled tab, it's a bug, click on the active tab for the icons (season level poster icons is what I am referring to)

The tabs do change when in one of the 3 TV Show Modes - give it a try by clicking! Big Grin
Mode 1) TV Show selected - only the TV Show name is highlighted
-- In this mode you can select the fanart, wideicon or poster for the TV Show
Mode 2) TV Show Season Selected - The TV Show name and Season Number are highlighted
-- In this mode you can select the Poster for the Season
Mode 3) Episode Mode - Season Posters can also be changed in this mode

Icons and boxshots from mediaicons.org where added in 2319, look to the bottom of the app for which one its going to save it to.

Allow Icon Selection does work for TV Shows now, if your just browsing the collection and not setting icons, uncheck it and things will be much faster as it's not loading all those icons, checking that they are valid images, and getting the image file size and resolution.

While the app is for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista, etc), it will also work under linux using wine 1.1.8 or 1.1.10, a Native Linux App (well sorta native) is in early stages and doesn't work (build 9 so far), this will use Mono and should be cross platform, help is needed on that front.

NOTE: The shortcuts are not always being created in the installer, it's installing to c:\program files\movieinfoplus .. create a shortcut to movieinfoplus.exe if it doesn't make one for you.
----
I've put a lot of time into this, and I decided to help out the community and make it open source a few months ago. It's only open source because i really dig xbmc and everything they have done, and I wanted to give back a little something. I built it from the ground up, and it took me almost a year to get it to this point, while it's not perfect, it sure beats manually editing the files Big Grin
----
cheers fekker. I'll give it a go and let you know how i get on.
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Does it work with rar-archives, ISO/IMG and Video_TS folders? Or is it only for .avi etc?
Or it's only going for the folder name? If that's the case it's awesome.
It goes off the folder name, no actual movie file is needed to generate the contents.

I should have a new build up in a few days that fixes some of the items posted in tracker (on sourceforge) and add's in some new cool gui look options.

Thanks for the feedback and bug reports, keep them coming Big Grin

On the bug note, if your having a GUI image corruption issue, please post a screen shot and/or details of what your looking at and the application mode, i'm still scratching my head on that one.

Cheers!
I must say that this program looks really really promising, been playing around with it now for 30min and added movies/fanart/thumbs, it's awesome.

Been using Media Companion for a few days, but this one feels and looks and works a lot better.

Manage to get 1 error if you click on the movie list and it's empty. Will try it out more tonight when I get home from work.

Edit: I got some problems though, XBMC isn't picking up the nfo files or fanart/thumbnails for some reason, is it because they are named as the folder now? But the ISO image is named something else? Had a similiar problem with Media Companion and fanart/thumbnails.
fekker Wrote:On the bug note, if your having a GUI image corruption issue, please post a screen shot and/or details of what your looking at and the application mode, i'm still scratching my head on that one.

Cheers!

I've got some screen shots, but can't figure out how to attach them without creating yet more online accounts. Can I email them to you? If so, please PM me your email address.

Urme Wrote:I got some problems though, XBMC isn't picking up the nfo files or fanart/thumbnails for some reason, is it because they are named as the folder now? But the ISO image is named something else? Had a similiar problem with Media Companion and fanart/thumbnails.

I had a similar problem with XBMC but wondered if I just wasn't using it properly, having not read any instructions Big Grin
Jive talkin, just isnt a crime
This looks great fekker - nice work! Smile

Can it do everything that XBMC Media Companion can do?

Does it export all the info to .nfo files automatically for example?

I hope it doesn't name the nfo files after the folder name, as people post above, I would imagine that it needs to name them after the filename for XBMC to pick up the nfo info when you scrape?

/Martin
I managed to get XBMC to find the nfo file.
Quote:14:55:33 T:4380 M:876830720 DEBUG: Found matching nfo file: smb://user:pass%[email protected]/mediadisk1/Filmer/DVDTest/Alone With Her/Alone With Her.nfo
14:55:33 T:4380 M:876830720 DEBUG: CFileSMB::Open - opened mediadisk1/Filmer/DVDTest/Alone With Her/Alone With Her.nfo, fd=10000

But adding the fanart (Alone With Her-fanart.jpg) that is in that folder doesn't work.

It looks like this, it's trying to find eft-awh-fanart.jpg (that's the name of my ISO image), when that fails it's trying to download the fanart from meligrove.com but apparently the URL is wrong.
How can I manage it to get the Alone With Her-fanart.jpg that's actually in that folder? And it doesn't seem to bother about the thumbnails either.

Quote:14:55:34 T:4380 M:876675072 DEBUG: XFILE::CFileSMB::Exists(smb://user:pass39%[email protected]/mediadisk1/Filmer/DVDTest/Alone%20With%20Her/eft-awh-fanart.jpg)
14:55:34 T:4380 M:876675072 DEBUG: XFILE::CFileSMB::Exists(smb://user:pass39%[email protected]/mediadisk1/Filmer/DVDTest/Alone%20With%20Her/eft-awh-fanart.png)
14:55:34 T:4380 M:876675072 INFO: Download: http://www.meligrove.com//images/posters...12ef6d.tbn
14:55:34 T:4380 M:876675072 INFO: Get URL: http://www.meligrove.com//images/posters...472259.jpg
14:55:34 T:4380 M:876675072 ERROR: Server returned: 404 Not Found
14:55:34 T:4380 M:876675072 ERROR: Failed to download fanart http://www.meligrove.com//images/posters...472259.jpg to C:\Users\Urme\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart\6812ef6d.tbn

Maybe this is more of a XBMC error than movieinfoplus error.
JiveTalker Wrote:I've got some screen shots, but can't figure out how to attach them without creating yet more online accounts. Can I email them to you? If so, please PM me your email address.

JiveTalker, you can upload your screenshots in 1 click, at picamatic:
http://www.picamatic.com/

Without registering Smile

/Martin
The file name for the movie does matter and must match the other files in the directory. I prob confused things with my no movie file needed statement earlier.

If your using stacked movie files, name the folder the name of the stacked result.

Example (for stacked items)
Foldername: MyVideo
MovieFiles: MyVideo-CD1.avi and MyVideo-CD2.avi
the .nfo would be: MyVideo.nfo
the fanart would be: MyVideo-fanart.jpg
the tbn would be: MyVideo.tbn
and folder.jpg is still folder.jpg

There's an option (under settings) that will auto-rename any movie file it finds (as long as there is only 1 of them in the folder) to match the folder name.
Here's the movie extensions it considers to be a movie (for auto renaming)
Code:
.iso .img .dat .bin .cue .vob .dvb .m2t .mts .evo .mp4 .avi .asf .asx .wmv .wma .mov .flv .swf .nut .avs .nsv .mp4 .ram .ogg .ogm .ogv .mkv .viv .pva .mpg .mp4

Here's the rename code
Code:
Dim tempnamefromfoldername As String = ""
        Dim newmoviename As String = ""
        If moviefilenames.Count = 0 Then
            'no movies to process
        ElseIf moviefilenames.Count = 1 Then
            'only 1 movie file in list, see get the last 4 chars first
            tempnamefromfoldername = moviefilenames.Item(0).ToString
            Dim tempshortname As String = Strings.Left(moviefilenames.Item(0).ToString, moviefilenames.Item(0).ToString.Length - 4)
            newmoviename = Strings.Replace(tempnamefromfoldername, tempshortname, currentmovie.pmoviename)
            Debug.Print("New file name will be " + newmoviename)
            Try
                File.Move(currentmovie.getmoviepath + "/" + tempnamefromfoldername, currentmovie.getmoviepath + "/" + newmoviename)
            Catch ex As Exception
                MsgBox("failed to match the movie name, please check the name in the file")
                Exit Sub

End Try

'.vob, .iso, .img, .mpg, .wmv, .flv,
        ElseIf moviefilenames.Count >= 2 Then
            'more then 2 movies in folder, do not auto fix (not handling bin and cue)
        End If
        If Not autopilotrunning Then MsgBox("A Movie file has been renamed." + vbNewLine + vbNewLine + "The original name was: " + tempnamefromfoldername + vbNewLine + "The new name is now: " + newmoviename)
        validatefoldercontents()

There's a movie.nfo coming, slated for the next xbmc release i think, that would be the first .nfo for xbmc to check when opening the folder. But that's not the current behavior.

I need to update the fanart links in the .nfo with the new tmdb links.

For fanart detection, it looks for the last ten characters with the following regex. In short, if it ends with fanart.jpg and the prefix matches the foldername, it's considered the fanart for that movie.
Code:
Dim tenr_ext As String = Strings.Right(fileinlisting.ToString, 10).ToLower
                        If tenr_ext = "folder.jpg" Then
                            tbFDIconfile.Text += Regex.Match(fileinlisting.ToString, "[\\]{1}([^\\]*?folder.jpg)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Groups(1).Value
                        ElseIf tenr_ext = "fanart.jpg" Then   '--
                            If tfname = currentmovie.pmoviename + "-fanart.jpg" Then
                                tbFDFanartFile.Text += tfname
                            Else
                                tbFDMovieFile2.Text += tfname + " "
                            End If
                            '--
                        End If
Ayla Wrote:JiveTalker, you can upload your screenshots in 1 click, at picamatic:
http://www.picamatic.com/

Without registering Smile

/Martin

Thanks for that Ayla.

I've sent the files direct to Fekker, but in case anybody else is interested, (hopefully) they are below:

Is anybody else experiencing a similar problem? If I click the movie title again then they refresh fine.
I think the corruption issue is caused by antivirus software, add c:\program files\movieinfoplus to the exclusions list and see if that resolves the issue. It did for me on one machine.
Thumbs Up 
fekker Wrote:I think the corruption issue is caused by antivirus software, add c:\program files\movieinfoplus to the exclusions list and see if that resolves the issue. It did for me on one machine.

Excluding the folder from scanning by Norton seems to have fixed the corrupt image issue, thanks.

I'll add other comments about my testing to SourceForge.

Cheers JiveTalker
fekker

Can't this program work like Media Companion, I mean, write to .nfo files named after the movie filename, and not change the movie filename to match the foldername?

I would like to leave my movie filenames alone.

Thanks Smile
Martin
Ayla Wrote:fekker

Can't this program work like Media Companion, I mean, write to .nfo files named after the movie filename, and not change the movie filename to match the foldername?

I would like to leave my movie filenames alone.

Thanks Smile
Martin
From what I've been reading up on, the next rev. of xbmc may have movie.nfo files. Those look to allow you to use movie filenames that do not match filename for the movie. I'll see if I can get some more information about that and how fanart and trailers will work with it. The .nfo portion makes sense, on folder read xbmc will look to the movie.nfo like it does for tvshow.nfo for tv shows. I would think then that fanart would be like the tv shows, fanart.jpg in the folder with the show.

I've geared movieinfoplus to rely on the foldername and not the actual movie files for content generation. If you could add a feature request on sourceforge for movieinfoplus, I'll see if there's something i can do for your request as a one off patch or advanced option.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows1