Do you use the web interface?
I too would love to see a new web interface... desktop and mobile.

I would basically use it to remote control xbmc.
A new webUI would be great.

Like most here, I mainly use it for Music.

I'd like to see an interface with Multi-Zone audio in mind (switching zones, now playing per zone, etc) - even though XBMC does not have Multi-Zone capabilities yet I think keeping this in mind when designing the interface would make the transition to multi-zone easy.

btw... I suggest keeping the tech to something that could be used on the most devices (PC, MAC, iPhone, Windows Mobile, etc)
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Actually, there's a very nice little feature that c0diq popped in in the last couple of days: The XBMC upnp server can serve to Sonos boxes. Scatter 'em around your house and at least you get the _useful_ multizone stuff (playback of the same source throughout the house).

Multizone ability beyond this really needs multiple sources (thus multiple XBMC "servers" running) and is then trivial to do via a webapp.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Actually, there's a very nice little feature that c0diq popped in in the last couple of days: The XBMC upnp server can serve to Sonos boxes. Scatter 'em around your house and at least you get the _useful_ multizone stuff (playback of the same source throughout the house).

Multizone ability beyond this really needs multiple sources (thus multiple XBMC "servers" running) and is then trivial to do via a webapp.

single source through the entire house can be done with a $20 speaker switch... Sonos is nice (and way expensive) but in order to control the zones you must control each individual Sonos units.

I want to use XBMC (my HTPC) as the one and ONLY server / audio router using the built-in sound card to route audio streams to different outputs (e.g. speakers)

J.River Media Center (which I use today) does this, I'm sure a code genius here could do the same and of course we'd benefit from the GUI XBMC has and J.River lacks.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I am working on a new interface Smile http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?got...st&t=42344
I use the Web interface a lot. I wish there was a way to control (or even view) the "now playing" screen via the web gui. It would be cool to be able to shuffle a bunch of cued songs or videos using this method.
I use the web interface a lot for karaoke - being able to queue files in the background while people sing is awesome. It would be great to be able to have a 'taller' area so that you can see more songs.

It would also be great to have a filter option where you could type in and have it dynamically change what is available to be selected.

These are my wishes Smile, I have no idea how complicated it would be to implement the above.
The Web interface at this moment isn't that usable for controlling XBMC through a 7" touch screen attached to your HTPC as a secondary monitor.

I'd like to use the web interface to play mostly audio content, without having to power up my power consuming Plasma/LCD TV to play some music.

A tap on your attached touch screen could wakeup your HTPC from S3 and show the web interface (optimized for 1024x768, 800x600, 800x480 or just scalable) in which the user can browse through his music collection and play his selection.

Obviously there would be no need for a movie browser, but a large buttoned interface showing your music and playlist (perhaps for streaming radio) collection would suffice......
Chocky or mtnman, has anything come to this or has it been dropped? I would like to jump on bored with ya and help out.

I am using XBMC on a stand alone PC running xp pro hooked up to my tv. I use the web interface as the only way to use XBMC.

The only thing so far, only been a few days of using it, is the volume control doesn't show were it is already set and only changes in 10% intravals. Also i would love for it to have a way you can select what portion of the movie to skip to, something like a play bar.

let me know
xGROMx Wrote:Chocky or mtnman, has anything come to this or has it been dropped? I would like to jump on bored with ya and help out.

let me know

I'm out due to other obligations right now.
I am sorry, I should be stupid but I do not succeed reaching the web Interface with Atlantis 8.10 on xbox.
I have set the password but what is the login Huh I am looking for since 2 days and I feel nor really a newbie !
don't worry, i had the same problem when i started. The login isn't posted anywere, in support or manual. And it isn't normal its nothing you would think.

login: xbox
This was what I thought but doesn't work.

Am I suppose to have a /web directory in the /XBMC ?
jeremie Wrote:This was what I thought but doesn't work.

Am I suppose to have a /web directory in the /XBMC ?

Yes - I ran into the same thing. It wasn't there. I FTP'd it over and everything was fine...make sure you turn it on via the settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do you use the web interface?0