Some suggestions/improvements
Lightbulb 
I love this skin, really... but i've noticed some issues that may be could be solved in next release. Here it go:

- It could be nice to have another design for OSD volume (mute and Db values) may be moving the info to top right corner and also adding a semi-transparent background (a black glass) for better viewing...

- In latests version the size of the button in dialog has been enlarged but it's not enough to use it with some languages so i suggest to use a font a bit smaller (i'm talking about the CANCEL button and may be others also...)

- It could be very useful to have a link to the visualization screen when playing music. May be from a new entry into the sidebar menu or into another handy places.

- There are some texts that overflow the area where they are displayed. I will report them here when i've more time...

regards and keep up the good work!!

FiDo
Star 
Hello again, i've another problem to report here:

- When viewing vertical pictures i can already see the background art (autumm trees) it could be useful if this can be disabled when viewing pictures (to display only a black background arround the current picture)

regards,
Lightbulb 
There is no comments about this? Sad

regards, Big Grin
A few texts that i've found that overflows the window/area:

- Texts when the dialog resume/start from beggining is being shown

- Context menu in movie sections (may be also in music and pictures)

- Right menu in settings screens

May be that this only happens using other languages than english (i'm using spanish translation)

regards,
Can you post screenshots and let us know which theme and screen size you are using? Thanks Nod
Lightbulb 
Ok, here you are some:

As you can see here when a vertical picture is displayed i still can see the images art in background, it could be better to show a black background

Volume OSD is a bit hard to read (specially when viewing videos with white bacgrounds) so i suggest to use a black cristal design behind the text and the symbol (also it could be great to move the position, may be to my suggested position in red, because it overlaps the time and other features)

Make this font (and all text into buttons of this kind of dialogs) a bit smaller so them fits nicely into the button

This text overflow the text area

many thanks, i love your skin! Wink
fidoboy Wrote:This text overflow the text area

This has now been fixed in SVN (revision 1880)
Many thanks skunkm0nkee! can't you please consider to solve the problem with pictures background and also the volume displayHuh They are spoiling the aspect of this wonderful skin... Other than these, it's almost perfect!!

kind regards and many thanks again...

FiDo
Nope, not at the moment as we're now working on the new skin. Both of those are features/change requests not bugs as such so it'll have to wait until we revisit MediaStream.
Ok, i must respect your decission, but in my modest oppinion at least, the pictures background should be considered as a bug Wink

but never mind.... regards Smile
As long as you don't enable custom backgrounds on the home menu you could just create a blank image and set that as your custom Picture background.
fidoboy Wrote:Ok, i must respect your decission, but in my modest oppinion at least, the pictures background should be considered as a bug Wink

but never mind.... regards Smile

It would be a bug if we hadn't intended it to work like that, but we did. You'll probably notice that the background is faded slightly when the images are shown on top, that was what we intended it to do. Whether it should fade more or whether we should have provided an option to hide the default background are opinions.

In hindsight we probably should have included an option (and will most likely will do it in a future update) but for now the skin is as it is (unless someone else decides to create a mod that does what you want)
Oh my good silly of me! i can't believe that it's so easy... many thanks for the tip Hitcher. But it could be even better if the black background could be only displayed when there is a picture playing... so this solution is almost perfect for the moment. Many thanks

regards,

FidoBoy
I don't know how to get movies to read from F:\ or G:\ "movies" same with "tv shows" and "music video's" they all go to video how do I fix that?

To be clear I want to click on either movies, music video, tv shows and have it go directly to a folder of the same name not to default to video otherwise what's the point of 4 tabs going to the same place?
Quote: I don't know how to get movies to read from F:\ or G:\ "movies" same with "tv shows" and "music video's" they all go to video how do I fix that?

To be clear I want to click on either movies, music video, tv shows and have it go directly to a folder of the same name not to default to video otherwise what's the point of 4 tabs going to the same place?

If you have created a library, those links will link you to the corresponding media. It works great once you use the library function.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some suggestions/improvements0