Improved GUI for music
Exclamation 
Hi!

First of all I just want to say that XBMC with MediaStream skin is all I´m been looking for in an HTCP-software. It´s fast, good looking and easy to use, except one thing.

I´m really having trouble finding an easy way to play music. I´ve been looking at Vista MC and find it really easy to play music and enqueue new songs in the playlist aswell as modify the playlist during playback. Unfortenatly I can´t find the same possibilitys in MediaStream.

Is it much to ask for if I request an easier way to play music? Maybe something like it is in Vista MC? Smile
Malte_mus Wrote:Hi!

First of all I just want to say that XBMC with MediaStream skin is all I´m been looking for in an HTCP-software. It´s fast, good looking and easy to use, except one thing.

I´m really having trouble finding an easy way to play music. I´ve been looking at Vista MC and find it really easy to play music and enqueue new songs in the playlist aswell as modify the playlist during playback. Unfortenatly I can´t find the same possibilitys in MediaStream.

Is it much to ask for if I request an easier way to play music? Maybe something like it is in Vista MC? Smile

What on earth can be easier to use than xbmc running media stream,
and as for vista running Mediacentre it cant hold a light to XBMC but if you prefer that overbloated piece of software then who am i to argueShocked
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Malte_mus Wrote:Hi!

Maybe you could be more descriptive in how Vista MC is easier to use than XBMC for queuing songs and managing the playlist?

What's easier than rightclick>queue?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:Maybe you could be more descriptive in how Vista MC is easier to use than XBMC for queuing songs and managing the playlist?

You missed my point i was being sarcastic!
as in my humble opinion XBMC is the most advanced Mediaplayer ever
it is also very easy to use unlike microsofts mediacentre which is huge and unreliable.
You stick with vista and Microsoft media centre I will stick with Windows xp pro running XBMCBig Grin
paul Wrote:You missed my point i was being sarcastic!

Obviously that was directed at Malte_mus, I even quoted him.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:Obviously that was directed at Malte_mus, I even quoted him.

Yes rwparris2 it was meant for malte_mus
He should stick with vista and MC if he finds xbmc to hard to use.
How easy do they want it to beHuhRolleyes
rwparris2 Wrote:Maybe you could be more descriptive in how Vista MC is easier to use than XBMC for queuing songs and managing the playlist?

I don´t use a mouse so its pretty hard to right-click. :p

I´m not saying that Vista MC is better than XBMC. No way! I just find it easier to add songs to the playlist aswell as see and manage the playlist.

In Vista MC you just select a song, then a meny appears and "add to playlist" is pre-selected. you just press "OK" twice so add a song to the playlist.

Maybe the song is automaticly added to the playlist in XBMC too but it´s in no way obviuos. The song starts to play and that´s it.

In Vista MC you can go to the playlist and manage it with your remote. Delete and move songs up and down in the playlist. It is possible in XBMC?

Im new to XBMC so maybe there is that possibility but as I haven´t found it, I would be really happy if someone could tell me how to do it.
Malte_mus Wrote:I don´t use a mouse so its pretty hard to right-click. :p

I´m not saying that Vista MC is better than XBMC. No way! I just find it easier to add songs to the playlist aswell as see and manage the playlist.

In Vista MC you just select a song, then a meny appears and "add to playlist" is pre-selected. you just press "OK" twice so add a song to the playlist.

Maybe the song is automaticly added to the playlist in XBMC too but it´s in no way obviuos. The song starts to play and that´s it.

In Vista MC you can go to the playlist and manage it with your remote. Delete and move songs up and down in the playlist. It is possible in XBMC?

Im new to XBMC so maybe there is that possibility but as I haven´t found it, I would be really happy if someone could tell me how to do it.

Context Menu (usually info button on a remote, c on keyboard)>Add to Queue.

Context Menu>Now Playing

Context Menu>Move Up, Move Down, Remove

Sounds like its just like Vista MC except you can't just hit OK twice to queue.

Pressing '0' on the remote for me adds a track to the playlist/queue
rwparris2 Wrote:Context Menu (usually info button on a remote, c on keyboard)>Add to Queue.

Context Menu>Now Playing

Context Menu>Move Up, Move Down, Remove

Sounds like its just like Vista MC except you can't just hit OK twice to queue.

Oh! OK. I´ll look into that. I guess XBMC can do what I want, I just don´t know how Big Grin

Í´ll just have to explore it a bit more and ask if there is something I wonder about. ´It seems like you guys know it inside out Smile

Thanks for the time beeing.

/M
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

The wiki is geared towards xbox, but the most important thing for you to know is "the white button" refers to context menu, e.g. "info" on the remote.

Malte_mus Wrote:Oh! OK. I´ll look into that. I guess XBMC can do what I want, I just don´t know how Big Grin

Í´ll just have to explore it a bit more and ask if there is something I wonder about. ´It seems like you guys know it inside out Smile

Thanks for the time beeing.

/M

Not quite inside out just enough to know that XBMC is far better at copeing with all forms of media than Mediacentre from MicrosoftLaugh

Stick with it long enough and you will soon agree that xbmc and mediastream is a fantastic packageBig Grin
Malte_mus Wrote:... In Vista MC you just select a song, then a meny appears and "add to playlist" is pre-selected. you just press "OK" twice so add a song to the playlist. ...

Is this like a popup? Like XBMC when you have played a movie for say 10mins and stops and when you play it again it will popup and ask you if you want to continue from 10min or restart.
If that is the general idea but a popup to add to queue or play when something is already playing I think this is a good idea.

The context menu is powerfull but it can bring abit of a headache as it can feel off in the couch, if you havent gotten used to it though Wink

Pressing "c" on the keyboard would bring it up aswell, and its mappable in keymap.xml so you can bring it up on any remote on any key.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
You are all right. I just haven´t given it time enough. At first Vista MC seems a lot better but after giving XBMC some time I think I´m falling in love. The thing I was talking about in Vista MC is the context-meny in XBMC. I just didn´t know it existed.

I just installed IntelliRemote om my computer and customized the remote to suite my needs. There is no way I´ll ever start Vista MC again. Big Grin

Thanx a lot for the info guys. When I get the time I´ll take a look at keymapping too. Seems like XBMC has a lot more potential than I fisrt thought.

/M
Topfs2 Wrote:Is this like a popup? Like XBMC when you have played a movie for say 10mins and stops and when you play it again it will popup and ask you if you want to continue from 10min or restart.
If that is the general idea but a popup to add to queue or play when something is already playing I think this is a good idea.

Cheers,
Tobias

Agreed & Formally requested http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5403

This also brings to light the fact that the most important part of xbmc (the context menu) is a hidden menu. Angry Maybe skinners could put something that says "Press Guide for more options" when you're selecting items in a list.

Of course thats tricky because of how many different control devices there are, and how many configurations are available for each of those devices.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improved GUI for music0