Kids and Dad menus in library mode (almost) in Horizonz on Plex
I modified xml files to get two menus (Kids and Dad) in Home screen instead of one Movies menu.

Here is what I did:

I made two smart playlists. One named Kids that includes family genre movies and one named Dad that excludes family genre movies.

In strings.xml I changed CLIP to KIDS and ADULT to DAD.

In Sources.xml I put new source with path to playlists/video.

In Homescrollers.xml I changed clips and adult: <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,path to playlist/Kids.xsp)</onclick>
and
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,path to playlist/Dad.xsp)</onclick>

In Home Shortcuts I selected Clips and Adult and deselected Movies.
In Backgrounds I selcted folders for Clips and Adult.

Now in Home screen i have Kids and Dad instead of Movies.
And I can see scraped info.

BUT: View types avalable are List, Poster and Showcase. List view works as it should. In poster view it doesn't show thumbnail of selected movie, only reflection. In Showcase (that is what I want to use) movie thumbnail doesn't slide to the left when info pane slides in. So info pane will be on top of the thumbnail.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

EDIT:
I changed MyVideoFiles to MyVideoLibrary in Homescrollers.xml and now I have two movie libraries in library mode instead of one. Sweet.

EDIT 2:
I also added 'return' as a parameter to the activatewindow call (thanks to jmarshall), so it will take only one step to get back to the main menu.
123ccd Wrote:EDIT 2:
I also added 'return' as a parameter to the activatewindow call (thanks to jmarshall), so it will take only one step to get back to the main menu.

How exactly do I do that?

I have to click the "exit" button on my remote many times to go from viewing my movies to get to the main menu.

Thanks
Martin
Open Homescrollers.xml.
Find:
<item id="6">
<label>31006</label>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>

Change it to:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>

Now you go from movie library to main menu with one click.
123ccd Wrote:Open Homescrollers.xml.
Find:
<item id="6">
<label>31006</label>
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>

Change it to:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>

Now you go from movie library to main menu with one click.

Thanks a lot, I'll try it out right away !
thats what im talking about... people througing ideas around and helping each other out... great stuff 123ccd
Doesnt work for me :<
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,plugin://video/Apple Movie Trailers II/,return)</onclick>

any other suggestions?
Ilia Wrote:Doesnt work for me :<
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,plugin://video/Apple Movie Trailers II/,return)</onclick>

any other suggestions?

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(24,plugin://video/Apple Movie Trailers II,return)</onclick>

this is the safe way of doing as with bbc iplayer if you use library mode you get the incorrect names not sure if it does it for that plugin.
that sounds cool rocky5
I played around with it and

XBMC.ActivateWindow(24,plugin://video/Apple Movie Trailers II,return) does not work to well with Antlantis release but..
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,plugin://video/Apple Movie Trailers II,return)</onclick>

works fine on mac version at least..

So thanks all...
Now I have more than two smart playlists. I uploaded screen capture video to youtube to demonstrate Plex and Horizonz to my friend. If you are interested how Horizonz looks with these playlists you can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnTlUAJiXQ
that is nice, but I would rather have a sub menu for genres, etc similar to mediastream skin than what you have.

Still quite well done..

At the moment what I have is Movies, TV Shows, Weather, Trailers, and Theater which goes into the Home Theater plugin and starts 3 trailers before the movie :>.
sounds great man... wish it were more universal an idea though... too many people like it simple...
Why not just use profiles?
sickboy719 Wrote:Why not just use profiles?
Why would you use something that was implemented to do this job quickly and easily when you could spend hours hacking XML and result in a less optimal solution? Wink
sickboy719 Wrote:Why not just use profiles?

I still have three profiles, HD-stuff, horror and cult, documentaries. Before I had many more, but I didn't like the extra steps to always log out and log in.

Mediastream's submenu for genres is great, but Horizonz looks and feels so much better than Mediastream. xb2iris has done terrific work, I could never go back to Mediastream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kids and Dad menus in library mode (almost) in Horizonz on Plex0