analog multichannel audio
Hi

Does anyone know if analog multichannel audio is supported in xbmc live Atlantis?
I've put this in advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <audio>
        <analogmultichannel>true</analogmultichannel>        
    </audio>
</advancedsettings>

But when i try to play a movie with 5.1 audio i dont get any sound and the video freezes,(stereo audio works fine). I also tried putting surround51 in the device section of xbmc, same result.

Anyone got this to work in live?

I cant post a degug log atm but i will when i get home.

cheers

here is the log http://pastebin.ca/1270481
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Bump!! I have a multichannel analog audio question as well.

I have a Auzentech Prelude Cinema sound card which supports DTS Connect (which takes all analog audio and converts to digital DTS which is then sent out via coax to my home theater receiver). So I would like to use analog output....but with multichannel audio. Right now all my audio is being downsampled to stereo in XBMC.

When I enable analogmultichannel in the advancedsettings.xml I do get multichannel output, but the channels are all mixed up. From what I can tell, my center channel is mapped to rear-left, rear-right has nothing coming out and I'm not sure what the fronts are doing. There is sound, but I don't know which channels they are.

Is there anyway to fix this? Media Player Classic works fine, everything is output to the right channels, so it's definitely a XBMC glitch (mind you I don't think multichannel audio is fully implemented yet so it's understandable).

Oh and I'm using the atlantis 8.10 build on windows vista 32bit.

Other than that, I love XBMC. It's everything I ever wanted out of a media center (except 5.1 audio :p)

EDIT:....just noticed this is in the XBMC Live section...not the windows section....stupid search...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
analog multichannel audio0