Support MKV (Matroska container) "branching" feature / function in XBMC's DVDPlayer?
Question 
Greetings,

I am a new convert to XBMC (it just replaced Vista MCE on my HTPC) and I am absolutely loving it! So far, there is only one thing that I have been unable to figure out how to do. I have a few .mkv's which contain multiple video streams (for instance, a theatrical and an extended cut). In WMP or MCE I would right click on the Haali icon in the system tray and select the stream which I wanted to play. I have not found a way to do this in XBMC. Is this currently not implemented or is there some option I am just overlooking?

I apologize if this has already been asked, I spent a few minutes searching, but turned up nothing. TIA.
Lightbulb 
I read about the possibility of making "branching" MKV files that allow you to have some of the same functionality that BD disks offer. In other words instead of having to rip and compress a Theatrical release and a Director's Cut you can use one main movie and cut to the additional scenes out of other files. This saves big on disk space! The container supports this, does the XBMC player?

Where I frist heard about it -> http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=897

I suppose the first step is figuring out how to make such files too. The MakeMKV people are are being asked about adding it as a feature - is any other tool already making this easy?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
just found these posts from google

as this was asked such a long time ago i will ask again, i currently use xbmc babylon for windows and would like to know if i have an mkv with 2 video streams in them how would i switch between what i want?

i do not think there is 2 seperate video streams in the mkv but there is something where you can apparently pick theatrical or extended version of a movie from the mkv

i am a little confused of how this works and what it is all about but would like to know what i can do, can i do this kind of thing in xbmc?
i love xbmc
someone moved this and i guess it was xbmc staff that know many things about xbmc and i guess they also know if xbmc supports this kind of feature in some kind of way or not at all

would like an answer please

thank you
i love xbmc
well, we techically can demux the streams, but there is no gui to choose them (and probably it lacks some support code). short version; no, not currently.
i do not think there is seperate video streams though, i think it is 1 video stream but with extended scenes and other scenes available and if you pick a certain option or stream it plays the extended or theatrical

not sure how it all works and do not understand it much, confusing
i love xbmc
One here that would like this feature on xbmc...
It's not supported by ffmpeg at this moment, so we don't support it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support MKV (Matroska container) "branching" feature / function in XBMC's DVDPlayer?0