Is this real?
Hi Guys,

First off please let me say I was one of the biggest fans of XBMC since it originally kicked off on my executor 2 Xbox (those were the days!), since then I have installed mutliple SVN release's, packs, skins and plugins. Codecs the lot, unfortuantly it came to the point where the XBox with 3 HDDs still wasn't enough...

Is this really XBMC for PC like the original I loved? I've had to use MediaPortal as I could never really find anything as good as XBMC, especially for the HD side...? So I'm looking for any comments, advice or tips from other fans.

Cheers Chris
Why not try it and find out?
Yes, it's made by the same team that originally created xbmc for the xbox. And it whips MP's ass if you ask me.
Wow, I can't believe it. I've just got my Christmas present haha.

I have a few questions fella's whilst I'm setting up:

1) Adding the TV Seasons Folder, with tv seasons inside it. It's changing the thumbnails to previews (great) bringing up show info (great) but not wide icons. I'm searching the site for links but I can't find any-anywhere... Can someone please guide me where to look or put me in the right direction.

2) With the Xbox, when I added my movie folders I had custom movie pics, there all jpgs now - do I need to turn them back into tbn's? Or is there a way I can just load each dvd with the jpg pic thumb?

3) Is there anyway I can get my old emulators on it such as the Xport ones. Or this is strictly xbox version? Or is there another way I can have a list of emulators on it?

Thank you for your help, fella's. Chris
1) How are you scraping?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964

2) You renamed them all back to *.jpg?

3) You will need emus compiled specially for you platform, search this forum for a launcher script/plugin for other platforms than Xbox
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:3) You will need emus compiled specially for you platform, search this forum for a launcher script/plugin for other platforms than Xbox

The Launcher App or script, if you prefer, works (but has some glitches) but its really cool to have everything accesible from one place. It's nice having a list of all my old games like DiabloII and Starcraft and FEAR load up in the same menu. Now if XBMC had an official feature like this (also where it would pulll the game info from ign.com as a scraper or something would be cool too)...life would be more complete.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this real?0