Subtitle size
Hello,

I'm pretty new to XBMC for Windows (I've used it on my Xbox before but since that doesn't have wireless and is too slow for H264 video's I've built a HTPC from old parts I had lying about). I'm having a serious problem with changing the font size of the subtitles. Basically, they stay tiny and almost unreadable unless I'm sitting so close to my (CRT) television that my eyeballs practically melt away. I've been looking around to change the setting but I can't find any way to fix this problem. Please help? Eek
What subtitle format are you using? Please also post a debug log via pastebin.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'll have to find out... they're softsubs inside an mkv file. I've tried some other videos and they seem to work fine. Is it normal for some softsubs to ignore the settings?
it looks like that ssa fonts won't scale due to missing fontconfig support in libass. Check the logfile for [ass] and you see if it's libass or something else.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit...
Yes, I am positive that it is because of missing fontconfig support.

WiSo, you did not include fontconfig support in your libass.dll:
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/15947

If I may humbly ask, is it possible that you can include it soon? If it is not possible soon (somewhat hinted by your trac commentary), what *exactly* is the problem that prevents fontconfig from being included?

So maybe I can try to help fixing these compiling issues, given that I find some time for it... not being able to use embedded/custom fonts in matroska files is a major drawback and breaks quite a few heavily-subtitled files in style and readability.

If libass cannot be fixed soon with fontconfig support, an entry in the XBMC manual about this windows-specific issue is advisable.
Just to close this thread: The SSA/AAS font issue has been fixed in 9.04.
Thanks to the developers for fixing it. No thanks for not answering my call.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle size0