• 1(current)
MediaStream Skin Feature Requests
MediaStream has dominated our time for more than a year now so it's about time for us to concentrate on something new for a while. When we released v0.99 we asked for feedback so we can clear up any outstanding issues and bugs in the v1.00 release (due any day now). We want to make sure that whilst we are working on a new skin, the MediaStream code is in a very stable state, which means it will need very little maintenance, so we're avoiding adding new features.

Some people have actually come up with new features and requests which would be beneficial to the skin but we're not able to add them at this time. We've started this thread to keep a track of these ideas so that we know what things need to be implemented and users will be aware of what we plan to add in future releases.
  • Add custom items to Home screen
  • Conditional Weather backgrounds
  • Option to hide progress bar when pausing videos
  • Ability to Love/Ban tracks for Last.FM
  • Better support for MythTV recordings etc
  • Add Quit/Hibernate buttons to Shutdown menu
  • Option to show fanart in place of thumbnail in List view
  • Show Episode counts in Info List for TV Shows
  • Slide Main Menu from Home screen when inactive

If you have any further suggestions then please post them in this thread and I will try and keep this list updated with any relevant suggestions.
Well, don't know if anybody said this for mediastream, but it would be great to have fanart in Music section.

Don't know where to get it, but here someone posted packs for music fanart

Thanks for the skin, it's awesome, keep up the good work!!
tebicenter Wrote:Well, don't know if anybody said this for mediastream, but it would be great to have fanart in Music section.

Don't know where to get it, but here someone posted packs for music fanart

Thanks for the skin, it's awesome, keep up the good work!!

Yep, would love to do but as far I'm aware the fanart property is not being set in XBMC for music? As soon as it is this is a feature we'll be including it.
i'd like to request the feature to add fanart /backgrounds to the Genre selection screen in library mode. this has been discussed in this thread too: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40736
Louike Wrote:i'd like to request the feature to add fanart /backgrounds to the Genre selection screen in library mode. this has been discussed in this thread too: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40736

That thread you mentions talks about setting up folders for each genre in file mode and then attaching an image to each of those folders, that is all possible now?

If you're asking to have the ability to attach background images to the genres in the library then that would need a change in XBMC.
True 4x3/SD support, designed that way from the beginning.

A fanart viewtype that doesn't cover the fanart (similar to PM3.HD)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
If you don't ask you don't get right? Wink

Optional fanart in List Views (because I can't do it) -

rwparris2 Wrote:True 4x3/SD support, designed that way from the beginning.
We can't rewind time to design from scratch, so it'd probably easier to say what's wrong/missing in the 4x3 support?

rwparris2 Wrote:A fanart viewtype that doesn't cover the fanart (similar to PM3.HD)
This skin was never really designed to be a full frame fanart viewer as it was the media that was the core element in this skin. The next skin might be more up your street if fanart floats your boat though Wink

Hitcher Wrote:If you don't ask you don't get right? Wink

Optional fanart in List Views (because I can't do it)
Not sure if it's possible (as mentioned in your thread it could be quite slow to load the fanart) but it could be worth trying. Added to the list above
You've already got it on the list, but I'll just put in another plug for custom home page items.
rwparris2 Wrote:blah blah impossible stuff

OK, sorry, I completely misread (barely read at all) the original post. I saw "We want to make sure that whilst we are working on a new skin," and thought you were asking feature requests for a new non-mediastream skin. So you can ignore my totally useless requests.

I guess my only two wants for the skin have already been asked for
-what hitcher requested (I do the same thing, it doesn't take long to load even on XBOX. But my biggest list has only ~70 items. The fanart I use is 720 to 108. )
-custom home screen items. (i was thinking at one point that this may be easier to achieve in a web app, where you set homescreen items AND submenu items and then it generates a home.xml or whatever you call it. But if you guys can do it inside of xbmc that'd be even better I suppose)

PS- There isn't anything "wrong" with 4x3 persay, but it was FOREVER before I could use this awesome skin on my TV, and even now the fonts are still a bit small (but readable), though they are much better than they were in the beginning.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I would love to have the hability to mark movies that are in 720p/1080p (XBMC can't do that, but maybe a manual mark?), something like watched/unwatched.

Cheers

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Hello, I really like the skin but nothing is so good it cant be better.......

First request:
Would like to customize names of entries in main meny
For example "Movies" are movies in my library mode, "TV-Series" are TV-Series in library mode and "Videos" are MythTV browsing..... - therefore I would like to rename "Videos" to TV.
Even better would be to have "TV" on the main meny and have the ability to choose if it should be visable in the settings (most peaople dont have MythTV but atleast some here seeams to have it and it will hopefulle be more as soon as the integreation gets better).

Second request:
Show lyrics instead of visualization then playing music.

Third request:
Change remote behavior. You newer know that the back button do...... I think it would be more intuive if the back button always send you to previous screen and the home button always send you to main home screen.

Regards
rwparris2 Wrote:-custom home screen items.

+1.

The original Aeon has this, and it's a wonderful feature. For example, I've customised mine to have a Documentaries option on my home screen, as well as Foreign (for foreign films).

The way these are set up is that the target can be defined by selecting a folder.

Another interesting feature would be to allow the target to optionally be 'typed' in - so that the library can effectively be split in two. E.g. 'Documentaries' might point to a smart playlist with any video file with the genre 'documentary', and 'Foreign' could point to any movie file with 'foreign' in its genre, etc.

This way, the custom home items will allow library functionality for each one, and not just leave the non-Movie options to just a boring Files view.

Hope that's constructive feedback Smile
Great skin, just one small thing which I'd find useful:

In the Info List view on TV Shows, I'd like the option to view the number of unwatched episodes in the first screen (which lists the Show names), rather than just the total number of episodes for the show.

I realise it shows this when you drill down a step to the list of seasons, but I'd also find it handy in the top-level list of shows.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with it Smile
xbs08 Wrote:I would love to have the hability to mark movies that are in 720p/1080p (XBMC can't do that, but maybe a manual mark?), something like watched/unwatched.

Cheers

Once it's possible in XBMC it'll be added to the list

SpiffBB Wrote:Hello, I really like the skin but nothing is so good it cant be better.......

First request:
Would like to customize names of entries in main meny
For example "Movies" are movies in my library mode, "TV-Series" are TV-Series in library mode and "Videos" are MythTV browsing..... - therefore I would like to rename "Videos" to TV.
Even better would be to have "TV" on the main meny and have the ability to choose if it should be visable in the settings (most peaople dont have MythTV but atleast some here seeams to have it and it will hopefulle be more as soon as the integreation gets better).

Second request:
Show lyrics instead of visualization then playing music.

Third request:
Change remote behavior. You newer know that the back button do...... I think it would be more intuive if the back button always send you to previous screen and the home button always send you to main home screen.
Customising home items is already in the list so first request is covered.

Second and third requests would require changes to XBMC I think?

joncgde2 Wrote:Hope that's constructive feedback Smile

Yep, thanks Big Grin

cjedj Wrote:Great skin, just one small thing which I'd find useful:

In the Info List view on TV Shows, I'd like the option to view the number of unwatched episodes in the first screen (which lists the Show names), rather than just the total number of episodes for the show.

I realise it shows this when you drill down a step to the list of seasons, but I'd also find it handy in the top-level list of shows.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with it Smile
If you use the Wide view for TV Shows then it shows the total number of episodes and the number of unwatched episodes.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream Skin Feature Requests1