XBMC UPnP renderer and S60 devices problem
Hi,

I'm testing out XBMC on my Mac and it is working pretty great. But I do have a problem with UPnP functionality. I have enabled both renderer and server part from XBMC UPnP settings, but Nokia S60 devices can see XBMC only as a UPnP Server and not the renderer part, so I cannot control the playback with S60 device. (I tested with N80, N95, N78, N96 and N85)

Server part works fine in both ways. I can browse the S60 devices and I can browse the XBMC shares with S60 devices.

I have also N810 Internet Tablet and it's Mediastreamer application can see XBMC as UPnP renderer so I can control XBMC with it.

There's also Linux machine in my network which has MediaTomb UPnP Server and GMediaRender as a renderer. All Nokia devices can see and use GMediaRender as UPnP renderer so there's no problem with Nokia device configuration.

So the problem is probably somewhere between S60 UPnP Controller and XBMC UPnP Renderer part. Any idea where to start to dig out the problem? There was similar bug in UShare/libupnp some time ago, Maemo devices couldn't see the UShare server. The fix was very small, but unfortunately I cannot find the patch now.
Well sounds like some incompatibility in the platinum lib we use. c0diq posted some comments somewhere on how to turn up logging in platinum, not sure where that was anymore thou.

That would give you more info about what our renderer is saying. But first of, check for any errors/warnings in the xbmc log pertaining to neptune or platinum.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

It looks like it may be a bug in the fact that it advertises the wrong url (using localhost ip). I'll investigate...
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

c0diq Wrote:It looks like it may be a bug in the fact that it advertises the wrong url (using localhost ip). I'll investigate...

Any news here?
Please post a proper bug report on trac for tracking purposes => http://trac.xbmc.org

...we will forget otherwise Wink
Gamester17 Wrote:Please post a proper bug report on trac for tracking purposes => http://trac.xbmc.org

...we will forget otherwise Wink

"Login error:
There is no user by the name "krl69". Check your spelling, or create a new account."

This is the error message I get everytime I try to post a bug report... No one have done anything to help me solve this problem, so until then, there will be no proper reports from me. Huh
Uups, I totally forgot that I raised this up in December. I will report the bug next week when I have time to test more the upnp and capture the logs.
Popping up this old thread of mine as I tested the 9.04.1 release on my Mac (OS X 10.5.8)

Server part seems to have broken for the music files. I can browse the files with N96, N810 (MediaStreamer). But each of the devices says that file not found when I try to play music.

Renderer has got a bit better, now N96 and N810 both sees that for music files, but only N810 can play through it. N96 just skips the music tracks without playing them if I select the files from UPnP server. Here's a long copy&paste of my testing log:

Code:
[b]For Music files[/b]

[i]N96 as controller[/i]

Renderer     XBMC        N96(local)
Server

XBMC         NOK(1)     NOK(1)
MediaTomb    NOK(2)     OK

[i]N810 as controller[/i]

Renderer     XBMC        N810(local)
Server

XBMC         NOK(1)     NOK(1)
MediaTomb    OK         OK
N96          OK         OK

[i]XBMC as controller[/i]

Renderer    XBMC(local)
Server

MediaTomb    OK
N96          OK

Using N96's music player with local tracks XBMC is shown as UPnP Renderer and also works.

1) XBMC list the files but they cannot be played, "file/media/object not found"
2) Files can be played with N96's own player, but with XBMC player screen just flashes

[b]For Video files[/b]

[i]N96 as controller[/i]

Renderer     XBMC       N96(local)
Server

XBMC         OK         NOK(1)
MediaTomb    NOK(2)     OK

Server

XBMC         OK          NOK(3)
MediaTomb    OK          NOK(4)
N96          OK          NOK(4)

Renderer    XBMC(local)
Server

MediaTomb    OK
N96          OK

Using N96's Video Center with local videos XBMC is not shown as UPnP Renderer at all.

1) N96 reports "Not supported"
2) Error message on N96 "Playback failed because unknown error"
3) XBMC list the files but they cannot be played, "object not found"
4) N810 tries to play but nothing is shown

[b]For Pictures[/b]

[i]N96 as controller[/i]

Renderer     XBMC       N96(local)
Server

XBMC         NOK(1)     OK
MediaTomb    NOK(1)     OK

Server

XBMC         NOK(2)      NOK(2)
MediaTomb    NOK(3)      OK
N96          NOK(3)      OK

Renderer    XBMC(local)
Server

MediaTomb    OK
N96          OK

Using N96's Photos application with local pictures XBMC is not shown as UPnP Renderer at all.

1) XBMC is not shown as renderer
2) XBMC list the files but they cannot be played, "object not found"
3) Nothing happens when trying to show on XBMC
I noticed that 9.10 version of XBMC will bring many UPnP fixes, so I believe that the situation will be better with that one. Anyway I wanted to report my testings now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC UPnP renderer and S60 devices problem0