Subtitles broken?
I am running SVN build 16402 and there seems to be a bug.

TV Folder
> Subs folder
> Video file

It doesn't load my subtitles when I press play as it should. And when I go into the sound options I see a "subtitles.srt" in the list. This happens on all shows where I have downloaded subtitles. I have to manually browse to the location of my subtitle.

I even tried to install 16435 and in this build it seems that subtitles are completely broken. Not even when I browse and select the srt-file. It just ignores my action.

Are you doing some work on the subtitle system that could create this mess?

Some extended info:
Windows Vista x86
NVIDIA 7100 on Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H
Intel E8500
4 GB Corsair DDR
Nope, no action in this direction was done afaik.
In 16431 I fixed an error in libass but it still works fine for me.
You may want to post a debug log otherwise we can't help much.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have a problem where none (of the quite a few I've tested, definitely) of my .sub subtitles work in XBMC, even if chosen by browsing while watching the film. All .srt subtitles seem to work as usual, though. Any ideas?
If i turn "adjust refresh rate" on, my .srt stops showing and some .ass .mkv are broken too.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Taalen Wrote:I have a problem where none (of the quite a few I've tested, definitely) of my .sub subtitles work in XBMC, even if chosen by browsing while watching the film. All .srt subtitles seem to work as usual, though. Any ideas?
I have never seen .sub subtitles work.
WiSo Wrote:Nope, no action in this direction was done afaik.
In 16431 I fixed an error in libass but it still works fine for me.
You may want to post a debug log otherwise we can't help much.

How do I tell XBMC to create a debug log file then? I have clicked the "Enable debug log" option but that does nothing.

And I have searched the net / wiki, can't find a good guide.
mindweaver Wrote:I have clicked the "Enable debug log" option but that does nothing.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...located.3F
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
rernst Wrote:I have never seen .sub subtitles work.

Figures. Although odd, then, that they list SUB under supported subtitle formats, and several example subtitles mentioned in the online manual are .sub...
Don't know if this is related to your problem mindweaver but I had to re calibrate screen (Settings\Appearance\Screen\Video Calibration) after upgrading to one of the latest builds. After upgrade the position of the subtitles where beyond the screen border...
im pretty sure idx/sub have been broken since the alfa release
Please post a ticket with sample files and a reproduceable description running 8.10
a ticket already exists
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5193
fundseth Wrote:Don't know if this is related to your problem mindweaver but I had to re calibrate screen (Settings\Appearance\Screen\Video Calibration) after upgrading to one of the latest builds. After upgrade the position of the subtitles where beyond the screen border...

Nope, that isn't my problem Smile
When I unpack the subtitle and name it the same as the video file and put them in the same directory, the autoloading of subtitles works just fine.

It is when the subtitle is in .rar and placed in a "Subs" dir. This worked perfectly before. I will look at the url posted for me and see if I can get you some logs.
1. Started XBMC, navigated to my video. Pressed play. No subtitle auto loaded. Stopped the video:

http://pastebin.com/m361014e6

2. Started XBMC, navigated to my video. Pressed play. No subtitle auto loaded. Went to OSD and browsed for my .srt inside Subs/subtitle.rar. Still no subtitle loaded.

http://pastebin.com/m6213c06f

Hope this will help. Can't see any actions in there having to do with subs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles broken?0