XBMC no sound with S/PDIF
Hey

just installed xbmc live on my pc with a gigabyte g33m-s2h and an addon geforce 8400 GS. tv is panasonic 42" plasma. im connecting the pc to the tv via dvi2hdmi cable. i bought an optical cable from the mainboard to the JVC receiver (RX 5050), plugged it into CD Digital but i dont get any sound over it. no matter if i choose analog or digital in xbmc settings, tried to change the name from/to default but no sound.

anyone that can help ?

thx
Similar problem here with a gigabyte mobo. I get sound only if the track is dolby digital, if it's a stereo track it won't output through digital. Haven't tried hooking up via the analog sources to see if that works yet. Switching from analog to digital in settings doesn't help. It's also rebooting everytime I try to open a photo folder. I'm doing some research now on the forums to figure out how to export my logs so I can upload them here. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.
Have you looked at the stickies in the linux subforum?

Read this thread.. May apply: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35901
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the link. I got it fixed before reading that one by changing a setting in the audio section. There were two audio names, one named something like "icb598" and one named "default." I renamed default to the icb598 in the gui and now audio plays on both analog and digital. Whether this was pure coincidence or not, I have no idea.
takeaki Wrote:Hey

just installed xbmc live on my pc with a gigabyte g33m-s2h and an addon geforce 8400 GS. tv is panasonic 42" plasma. im connecting the pc to the tv via dvi2hdmi cable. i bought an optical cable from the mainboard to the JVC receiver (RX 5050), plugged it into CD Digital but i dont get any sound over it. no matter if i choose analog or digital in xbmc settings, tried to change the name from/to default but no sound.

anyone that can help ?

thx

Try:
press: ctrl+alt+f2 to go to a terminal
login with username and password
type: alsamixer
make sure pcm in at 100% and not muted and that iec958 is also not muted (shows mm then muted, press m to mute/unmute).
press: esc to exit
press: ctrl+alt+f7 to return to XBMC
eamiryar Wrote:....
It's also rebooting everytime I try to open a photo folder. I'm doing some research now on the forums to figure out how to export my logs so I can upload them here. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

Have the same problem, for me only certain viewmodes are affected. Can you step from a picture to next? for me it takes about 10 seconds (!!!). However to go back and there choose next and press ok works fast.

/O
SpiffBB Wrote:Have the same problem, for me only certain viewmodes are affected. Can you step from a picture to next? for me it takes about 10 seconds (!!!). However to go back and there choose next and press ok works fast.

/O

I found resolution to my sound issue (see my post above.) I do not have the picture delay problem. However, when using the mediastream skin, going into any photo folder reboots XBMC. The other skins don't. I haven't created a debug yet though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC no sound with S/PDIF0