XBMC Skinning Contest and eventual prototype contest
Batemann Wrote:Read People, Read. ;-)

The Contest states:

Required Screens
There are three (3) screens required for this contest
1) Wivo Cold-Start/Splash Page
2) Wivo Level 2 Category Page
3) Wivo Video Player Page

The client is providing wireframes of the required screens.
Wivo_coldstart.pdf
Wivo_level2.pdf
Wivo_player.pdf

So you will have to supply a few PDF's with mockups of specific screens.
Below the copied piece of the contest, there are some must-haves for these mockups.

I'm no skinner, but 3 screen-mockups in 3 days, that's not that hard...

Only Question is, what o what will Orange Labs do with the sent in mockups??

Oh, and you HAVE to be a US-citizen... According to Topcoder and/or Orange labs the best Artists must life in the US. ;-)

You do not have to be a US citizen, if you are not a US citizen you have to qualify for the following
Quote:You must be authorized to perform services as an independent contractor. (Note: In most cases you will not need to do anything to become authorized)

Which usually just means you can work in your respective country.
Batemann Wrote:Read People, Read. ;-)
Only Question is, what o what will Orange Labs do with the sent in mockups??

Also I believe there are follow on contests to develop the winning storyboards.
CHI3f Wrote:This contest is ridiculous. It is crazy to think that someone could make a skin under such circumstances. Mbezik and I made Containment in about 2 weeks, which I thought was pretty f'in fast. The people who came up with this contest have no idea what it is like making a skin. It is even hard when you are trying to base your skin off pre-esisting gui's. I hope these people have no contestants so they can realize how crazy they are.

I know they are asking now how long the build will take. Do you think 2weeks is ok if it can be based on existing open source material?
I'd say a couple months is a more realistic estimate. MediaStream took almost a year to make with a whole team of people working on it. Same for MC360

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Skinning Contest and eventual prototype contest0