Xbmc live on flat tv
PLEASE can some one help me configurate a xorg.conf so that I can see the picture on my vga output and not only on my laptop screen. I would really love to get some help on that because I am just not getting it to work...

Xbmc is great but XBMC on my TV Set would be awesome!!!

Please, I need some help on that
Wow, vague.
I am having an Toshiba Portege R500 if that matters...
Intel Core2Duo U7600 ULV...

Thanks
Can you give us a lot more information please.

connection type
TV informortion.
Video Card info

and a copy of your existing xorg.conf.

Most Tv's other than the newest LCD limit the VGA input as I understand. We can likely help you but we need more info.

Is this a laptop you are trying to setup, make sure your VGA output on the laptop is live all the time or dual mode is turned on.

Dave
My Specs are:
Laptop: Toshiba R500 Intel U7600 ULV CPU
Graphic on board:"mobile intel 945GM express chipset family"
TV SET: Toshiba Regza HD(1360x768 or 1280x760)
Connection to TV: Video via VGA cable, Audio Line-out to Line-in

When I hook up my Laptop to the TV under windows things are fine. Because the VGA Output is active which is not under Linux/XBMC LIVE

My config looks like this:
Code:
xorg.conf (X.Org X Window System server configuration file)
#
# This file was generated by dexconf, the Debian X Configuration tool, using
# values from the debconf database.
#
# Edit this file with caution, and see the xorg.conf manual page.
# (Type "man xorg.conf" at the shell prompt.)
#
# This file is automatically updated on xserver-xorg package upgrades *only*
# if it has not been modified since the last upgrade of the xserver-xorg
# package.
#
# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
# again, run the following command:
#   sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "Screen"
    Identifier    "Default Screen"
    Monitor        "Configured Monitor"
    Device        "Configured Video Device"
    Defaultdepth    24
         Subsection "Display"
          Depth   24
          Modes   "1280x768"
        EndSubsection
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Configured Video Device"
    Option        "VideoOverlay"    "on"
    Option        "OpenGLOverlay"    "off"

Driver        "fglrx"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Generic Keyboard"
    Driver        "kbd"
    Option        "XkbRules"    "xorg"
    Option        "XkbModel"    "pc105"
    Option        "XkbLayout"    "gb"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier    "Configured Mouse"
    Driver        "mouse"
    Option        "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier    "Default Layout"
  screen "Default Screen"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier    "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
    Option        "Composite"    "Enable"
EndSection

PLEASE all I need so far is to activate to VGA output. Only VGA output would be the best....

THANKS
In my case (DELL D420, Intel graphics) the VGA output gets automatically selected when I boot with the lid CLOSED, meaning being the VGA the ONLY screen.

I haven't dig deep enough as it works fine for me, but it proves the autodetect routing works fine and at the end my goal is to use the big screen, not both. Note you can open the lid once the output is selected to use the keyboard and mouse but it won't behave like Windows that can use both screens at the same time, at least not for me.

Regards
I've a similar problem. I'm using a Dell E6400 laptop connected via VGA to my Sony 40V2000. XBMC Live is installed on the internal HDD, and everything boots up fine when I have the lid of the laptop closed (I guess the res is 640x480 when XBMC boots). You can see the XBMC loading screen, but when it tries to show the xbmc dashboard, it switches to a different resolution that my Sony doesn't understand, and the TV says no signal. I changed the screen settings to 720p, and PAL 16/9, but it still reverts back to my laptop screen whenever XBMC dashboard starts up. Can someone help me out?

Update: On my other Sony, the 32D3000, I get the same message
Why do you guys for the heck of it try and set your laptop resolution to like 1024x768 or the like and boot up and see if that helps. I think the issues is with dual display running you need to be able to set one res for your laptop and one for the VGA output is causing the issue. The nvidia driver with dual display allows for this setting in M$ but not sure in Linux.

Dave
xpman Wrote:In my case (DELL D420, Intel graphics) the VGA output gets automatically selected when I boot with the lid CLOSED, meaning being the VGA the ONLY screen.

I haven't dig deep enough as it works fine for me, but it proves the autodetect routing works fine and at the end my goal is to use the big screen, not both. Note you can open the lid once the output is selected to use the keyboard and mouse but it won't behave like Windows that can use both screens at the same time, at least not for me.

Regards

I tried that now on two laptops. Mine and the one of my girlfriend(LG C1) and I didn't work. That sucks!

rodercot Wrote:I think the issues is with dual display running you need to be able to set one res for your laptop and one for the VGA output is causing the issue.
Regards

No that is not the Problem. Linux is the Problem. Many people hate M$, but it works! The only benefit is that XBMC under Linux is much more powerful because it is so much stripped down. But here once again the big Linux issue steps in. Linux is everything and can do anything but is not User friendly at all! I would consider me very good with things like PCs and stuff like that. Not the very ordinary user but I dont have a f++++++ clue how to get this working.

Please, there must be anyone outthere that can help to make XBMC/Linux run the VGA output...

THANKS
google xrandr ?
crackerbox Wrote:google xrandr ?

Doesnt work. I can read a weired M$ like error message: " Display not found" on the display...

Does anyone have a working xorg.conf for Dual or Extend only screen?
Or can some link to an explanation how the xorg.conf is set up?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc live on flat tv0