• 4(current)
[RELEASE] MediaStream v1.00 (4/12/2008)
It was in there for a while, and I think it probably still is in the default theme, but the texture was removed from the lite theme as it was taking up quite a bit of memory.
Quote:and I think it probably still is in the default theme

Doesn't seem to be in mine, grabbed v1.00 from SVN. Any chance on it returning? Or maybe something I could do myself by changing something simple in an xml or so? Would really like to have it. Cool

Again, TIA
Hopefully Wir3d can help there as I think he was the one who coded that bit originally.
Whew - I thought it was me. I am glad I found this thread. Would the best solution be to turn off the fan art all together on the XBOX, and use the lite assets?
saskwatch Wrote:Whew - I thought it was me. I am glad I found this thread. Would the best solution be to turn off the fan art all together on the XBOX, and use the lite assets?

Hi welcome to the forums!
There is no need to turn of your fanart if you have resized them all down to say
960x540 and use V1.0 ie the latest and you should have no problems oh and yes use
the light theme or you could download the striped down .xpr found elswhere on the forumsCool
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Hi welcome to the forums!
There is no need to turn of your fanart if you have resized them all down to say
960x540 and use V1.0 ie the latest and you should have no problems oh and yes use
the light theme or you could download the striped down .xpr found elswhere on the forumsCool

Thanks for the welcome. I will install that .xpr shortly, but I don't mind turning off the fan art for optimal performance. I still Media Stream on my PCs and I am able to enjoy the fan art experience there. I find the skin stunning even without the fan art.
Hi Saskwatch,

Some of us have found that Minimalko's Mediastream mod runs a bit more smoothly on the Xbox, so you might like to try that as well.

You are right. It is a gorgeous skin!
saskwatch Wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I will install that .xpr shortly, but I don't mind turning off the fan art for optimal performance. I still Media Stream on my PCs and I am able to enjoy the fan art experience there. I find the skin stunning even without the fan art.

Fan art works just fine... just turn down your cache settings and use the lite theme
Great skin all! my media centre is now running perfectly!

Just one tiny problem I have found, if im watching a film file and I hit escape, then the main left hand side menu comes up over the top of the video, but then i cannot get back to just the video?? I can unpause it and control it but cannot get rid of the Menu

Tab or ESC dont seem to work,

any way I can sort it?

Thanks
Question 
JonnyWiz Wrote:Great skin all! my media centre is now running perfectly!

Just one tiny problem I have found, if im watching a film file and I hit escape, then the main left hand side menu comes up over the top of the video, but then i cannot get back to just the video?? I can unpause it and control it but cannot get rid of the Menu

any way I can sort it?

Thanks

me too Huh
JonnyWiz Wrote:Great skin all! my media centre is now running perfectly!

any way I can sort it?

Thanks

Avoid pressing Esc would be my solution. Press X to quit a video or Tab to toggle the display
Hello
I trying to use MediaStream skin no my X-Box XBMC media center application. Apparently I don’t have the appropriate fonts (I use Hebrew fonts) and I can't see what's written in the menus. For that reason I can't also find how to get out of the skin to XBMC default skin. Can someone help? (My X-Box is not connected to the internet)
any idea when the new version will get into the xbmc-addons repository that is listed at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=185738 ?
Erm... excuse some newbie questions:

1) What version of MediaStream is included with the XBMC 8.10 Atlantis release and where do I check this?

2) Will I need to update my XBMC installation to the latest SVN build in order to install the 1.00 version of MediaStream?

3) If I do update my XBMC installation to the latest SVN build, how come the latest MediaStream skin is not included aswell? Aren't you using the same repository?

/ Confused but grateful for your work
junk Wrote:1) What version of MediaStream is included with the XBMC 8.10 Atlantis release and where do I check this?

It's either 0.98 or 0.99 I think, you can check by going to the System Info screen and it should be shown at the bottom

junk Wrote:2) Will I need to update my XBMC installation to the latest SVN build in order to install the 1.00 version of MediaStream?

Not sure if you definitely have to but I'd always recommend it

junk Wrote:3) If I do update my XBMC installation to the latest SVN build, how come the latest MediaStream skin is not included aswell? Aren't you using the same repository?

They stopped including it after we reached 1.00 as it wasn't going to change much and it was an extra 30MB to include it
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MediaStream v1.00 (4/12/2008)3