Special Features and Filters/Smart Playlists
Question 
Hi there

I am very new to the XBMC Community forum, having just made the move from Plex to XBMC on the MAC. Due to needing to use the media center for playing HD content, I plan on moving to the linux version, with which my computer is more than capable of coping with the content, in comparison to my relatively old Mac Mini. I just have a couple of issues so far. I have already trawled the forums somewhat and have found some threads but non seem to directly answer whether the issues have yet been resolved or not so here goes.

1) I have special features on most of my DVD sets that do NOT appear on the TVDB as they were never broadcast. I would like to view these in the "Specials" folder of each TV show. Is there an easy way to do this? I've done some reading already, and so far .nfo files seem to be the only option. Please could anyone elaborate on this.

2) I wish to categorize my TV library (and eventually my movie library too). I have tried using smart playlists in conjunction with the favourites option and assigning it to a button, but by doing this, the episode lists get screwed up, and there is no meta data as it is not in library mode. I have seen that by using the prebuilt filters, for eg, genre, year, actor etc, you can browse within the library and retain the meta data. Is there a way to customize these filters or create new ones?

Any help with these matters would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
For 1, .nfo files are your only choice at this point.

For 2, if you use a nightly build then you can categorise by simply viewing via the Files node (i.e. categorise your filesystem). You get full metadata if stacking is enabled.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Many thanks for your reply Jonathan. Regarding the nightly builds, I tried downloading the latest one for Mac OS and noticed only a couple of skins are working. Is this resolvable? Or is it just a rolling process?
Latter - not all skins are available in the Eden repository as yet (though if you download 'em manually they may work anyway - obviously unsupported).

Your best bet is to get your favourite skin up to date by petitioning the author(s).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special Features and Filters/Smart Playlists0