Patch Discussion:Trac5440 movie.tbn movie-trailer.ext and additional fanart checks
Question 
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5440
Unified Diff and full file are in the archive

Summary: Add support for movie.tbn and movie-trailer.ext, add's additional fanart check

Details:
This patch is in reference to Ticket #5383 (feature request)

When loading a movie into the library add a check for movie.tbn (for the thumbnail) and movie-trailer for the trailer file. Similar to the tv shows season tbn files. With movie.nfo and fanart.jpg, these additional two items would make it way easier to correctly generate the thumbs for stacked movies or movies in video_ts subfolders when using Movie Info Plus or similar programs to manage the library.

Mostly for stacked icons and for users that don't want to rename the movie to match the name of the folder. Something along the lines of movie.tbn and movie-trailer.avi would allow creation by movieinfoplus automatically for stacked content as well as video_ts folders and simplify the process of getting the correct icon without user intervention.

Add support for movie.tbn and movie-trailer.ext, add's additional fanart check
All items are done after the current settings and should not impact current .nfo's that have already been created.

Non stacked movie
foldername "cloverfield"
-->cloverfield.avi
-->movie.tbn
-->movie.nfo
-->fanart.jpg
-->movie-trailer.mov
-->folder.jpg

Example: with stacked movie (multiple file parts)
foldername "cloverfield"
-->cloverfield-part1.avi
-->cloverfield-part2.avi
-->movie.tbn
-->movie.nfo
-->fanart.jpg
-->movie-trailer.mov
-->folder.jpg

Files Modified by this patch: FileItem.cpp
On a side note, if these changes are incorporated, movieinfoplus (MIP) will be ready with the required changes to support it in the next release.

A cool side feature of this is that I can now use folder.jpg for the fileview and movie.tbn for the library view without reguards to the movie and automate that process to allow different icon selection in MIP.

In addition, if there's multiple movies in the same folder, it can use the same fanart or a different one, one nfo or seperate show nfo's, one icon or seperate icons per show, all within the same basic structure as the new checks are added last.
While not releated to the movie.tbn, fanart.jpg, or movie-trailer.<ext>, this would be related to my above comment. It appears that when you scan an item into the library, the tbn gets associated with the folder, even in file view, even after removing the source and cleaning the database as it's in the cache.

I'll have to see if there's a way to use folder.jpg (always) when in file mode, as what I'm shooting for is a way to use folder.jpg for file mode, and the tbn only in library mode (for the folder, the movie should use the .tbn file)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Patch Discussion:Trac5440 movie.tbn movie-trailer.ext and additional fanart checks0