• 13(current)
Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions)
thanks!!!
Is it possible to create a Textures.xbt file with weather fanart included? Just thinking in optimizing performance on Pis and low-end hardware Smile
Ok, so there's one thing I don't yet get about this image pack.

If you look in the utilities.py file in the XBMC/addons/weather.wunderground/resources/lib directory, you see the following list of weather codes:

Quote:WEATHER_CODES = { 'chanceflurries' : '41',
'chancerain' : '39',
'chancesleet' : '6',
'chancesnow' : '41',
'chancetstorms' : '38',
'clear' : '32',
'cloudy' : '26',
'flurries' : '13',
'fog' : '20',
'hazy' : '21',
'mostlycloudy' : '28',
'mostlysunny' : '34',
'partlycloudy' : '30',
'partlysunny' : '34',
'sleet' : '18',
'rain' : '11',
'snow' : '42',
'sunny' : '32',
'tstorms' : '38',
'unknown' : 'na',
'' : 'na',
'nt_chanceflurries' : '46',
'nt_chancerain' : '45',
'nt_chancesleet' : '45',
'nt_chancesnow' : '46',
'nt_chancetstorms' : '47',
'nt_clear' : '31',
'nt_cloudy' : '27',
'nt_flurries' : '46',
'nt_fog' : '20',
'nt_hazy' : '21',
'nt_mostlycloudy' : '27',
'nt_mostlysunny' : '33',
'nt_partlycloudy' : '29',
'nt_partlysunny' : '33',
'nt_sleet' : '45',
'nt_rain' : '45',
'nt_snow' : '46',
'nt_sunny' : '31',
'nt_tstorms' : '47',
'nt_unknown' : 'na',
'nt_' : 'na'}

This seems to use less than half of the 47 directories full of images in the image pack, and some of the descriptions here don't really match the ones that I've seen quoted before in the list of 47.

Can we safely delete half of these directories that aren't in the list above and still have things work properly? I'm running on a Raspberry Pi, so space is at a premium...
Since I've spent so much time and effort modifying and adding backdrops into DarkScout and Nuka1195's original weather fanart packs, I thought I would share my results with the community and upload my modified Weather Fanart Pack with you all Cool

All of the categories have been sorted through and completely revamped - all pictures are high quality 1920x1080 images, and the backdrop in each weather category much more accurately reflects the weather status! (e.g. heavy rain looks heavy, and light rain looks like it's sprinkling out)

Right now, it's hosted over at KickAssTorrents as a torrent file, which you can grab here:
https://kickass.to/dr-toxic-s-weather-fa...64398.html

I hope you all enjoy!
(2014-01-19, 17:14)Dr.Toxic Wrote: Since I've spent so much time and effort modifying and adding backdrops into DarkScout and Nuka1195's original weather fanart packs, I thought I would share my results with the community and upload my modified Weather Fanart Pack with you all Cool

All of the categories have been sorted through and completely revamped - all pictures are high quality 1920x1080 images, and the backdrop in each weather category much more accurately reflects the weather status! (e.g. heavy rain looks heavy, and light rain looks like it's sprinkling out)

Right now, it's hosted over at KickAssTorrents as a torrent file, which you can grab here:

I hope you all enjoy!

Brilliant work thanks for sharing Smile
Just stumbled across this and can't wait to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!
Nice! Thank you Smile

(2014-01-19, 17:14)Dr.Toxic Wrote: Since I've spent so much time and effort modifying and adding backdrops into DarkScout and Nuka1195's original weather fanart packs, I thought I would share my results with the community and upload my modified Weather Fanart Pack with you all Cool

I hope you all enjoy!
This is what Torrents are for.... great stuff.

I hope you all enjoy!

Thanks for saving me all the work modifying the images and for sharing it. Great Package.

I hope you all enjoy!

Been wanting to do this for a while and of course when I start the process I can't find the image pack. Thanks to you I have it now. Seems like I need to help seed it though Smile
PC: Antec Fusion Remote BlackASUS PRIME B250M-A, Core i3-7100 Kaby Lake 3.9GHz, Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB DDR4-2400, LibreELEC
AV: Denon AVR-X3500H, CERWIN-Vega LS12, CERWIN-Vega E76C, Infinity TSS-450, Infinity Referance 2000.1, LG55"
Would love to my hands on the pack but KAT is blocked here (UK) and I am having no luck via proxy!

Any ideas?
(2014-05-20, 14:44)Ds17 Wrote: Would love to my hands on the pack but KAT is blocked here (UK) and I am having no luck via proxy!

Any ideas?

I suppose I could upload it to my server if you need me to Smile

Details to follow....

okay I put the file here: http://tinyurl.com/pcvbttp Let me know how it goes.
PC: Antec Fusion Remote BlackASUS PRIME B250M-A, Core i3-7100 Kaby Lake 3.9GHz, Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB DDR4-2400, LibreELEC
AV: Denon AVR-X3500H, CERWIN-Vega LS12, CERWIN-Vega E76C, Infinity TSS-450, Infinity Referance 2000.1, LG55"
(2014-05-20, 15:06)acpowell Wrote:
(2014-05-20, 14:44)Ds17 Wrote: Would love to my hands on the pack but KAT is blocked here (UK) and I am having no luck via proxy!

Any ideas?

I suppose I could upload it to my server if you need me to Smile

Details to follow....

Yay!

Thanks Big Grin
Has anyone attempted to bridge the weather conditions fanart to the home background lately?

Member "pkscuot" worked it out here in 2012 but I have gone into the latest 720p.xml file and the block of text he suggested to change has been changed or deleted since.

I can see "butchabay" has stated that you can only have one or the other a few posts back in this thread but surely we can work out a way to feed one into the other, even if there was a small delay.
(2014-05-20, 15:06)acpowell Wrote: okay I put the file here: http://tinyurl.com/q8xywwv Let me know how it goes.

I've downloaded three times, every time corrupt archive, every time a different file size 48-53mb.

Anybody else getting this?!

Edit:
So apparently chrome was being a bit strange. Archive downloaded fine on my phone, transferred to my desktop and extracted fine!

Thanks for the effort :-)
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather FanArt Pack (Backdrops with different weather conditions)2