Minimize XBMC to taskbar
sierra18 Wrote:do you know how i can set that up

Have a search through the forum, or start a new thread specifically asking about Eventghost. It has many devoted users hereabouts though I'm not one of them.

JR
sierra18 Wrote:I've got a standard Microsoft keyboard that has basic media buttons (play,stop,skip etc) i also like to multitask and listen to music while i am browsing on the internet. is there a way i could have basic music control in xbmc while it's minimized.

jhsrennie Wrote:Only by using something like Eventghost, which can route signals to XBMC even when it doesn't have the focus.

JR

sierra18 Wrote:do you know how i can set that up

jhsrennie Wrote:Have a search through the forum, or start a new thread specifically asking about Eventghost. It has many devoted users hereabouts though I'm not one of them.

JR

Assuming you're using Windows, try this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31660
I hope it's okay that I bring back this old thread again.

Does anyone know if something has changed in relation to minimize Kodi (perhaps even to the Tray)??

I use a test build of Kodi from this thread klick with "full" UPnP media support, on my tablet, to get acess to the Kodi-libary of my media pc/server (without a SQL server).

It works great, but of course Kodi must run the whole time on my media PC. basically i have no problem with that (the PC runs anyway 24hours a day) but I can not do someting else on the PC wenn Kodi runs in fullscreen mode and my graphic card does not go into low power mode.
I know that if i performs Kodi as window i can minimize it, but it's very inconvenient to switch always between window- and fullscreen-mode (especially with a remote control).

So does anyone know a solution to minimize Kodi to the Tray (or at leat to the taskbar, without leave the full screen mode)?
(2015-06-07, 06:30)Harald654 Wrote: So does anyone know a solution to minimize Kodi to the Tray (or at leat to the taskbar, without leave the full screen mode)?

Win+M

Wink
Oh, thanks Smile

that's easier than I thought Wink

but its only minimze Kodi to the taskbar, so i written a little programm with Autoit, to minimize Kodi to the tray.

It´s very easy, you only need the "WinSetState" Funktion :
WinSetState("Kodi","",@SW_hide) to make it hidden, and
WinSetState("Kodi","",@SW_show) to mak it visible Smile

Here the code for my tray application, if someone wants to try (klick on the icon to hide/show Kodi):

Code:
#include <TrayConstants.au3>
;Create Traymenü-----------------------------------------
Opt("TrayMenuMode", 3)     ; Default tray menu items (Script Paused/Exit) will not be shown.
TraySetClick(16)
$TShow = TrayCreateItem("Show Kodi")
$THide = TrayCreateItem("Hide Kodi")
TrayCreateItem("")
$TExit = TrayCreateItem("Exit")
TraySetState()
TraySetToolTip("Kodi.aHide - klick to show/hide it :)")
Global $ix = 0
;-------------------------------------------------------

;Change it!
;sampling time--------------------------------------------
Global $itw = 20
;polling time (-Kodi is still active?)--------------------
Global $it , $its = 2000
;Pfad von Kodi--------------------------------------------
$Kodi = run ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe")
;--------------------------------------------------------

; Wartet bis Kodi startet und verschiebt es gleich in den Tray (AutoTray at Start)
WinWait("Kodi" ,"", 20)             ; Wait for start of Kodi (max 20s)
WinSetState("Kodi","",@SW_hide)     ; minimize Kodi
;------------------------------------------------------

;Abfrageschleife---------------------------------------
While Sleep ($itw)
    $msg = TrayGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $TExit
            Exit
        Case $msg = $THide
            $ix = 0
            WinSetState("Kodi","",@SW_hide)
        Case $msg = $TShow
            WinSetState("Kodi","",@SW_show)
            $ix = 1
        Case $msg = $TRAY_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN
            If $ix = 1 then
                WinSetState("Kodi","",@SW_hide)
                $ix = 0
            Else
                WinSetState("Kodi","",@SW_show)
                $ix = 1
            endif
    EndSelect

;Wenn Kodi beendet, auch TrayProg beenden------------
If $it = ($its/$itw) Then
    $it = 0
    If not ProcessExists($Kodi) and not ProcessExists("Kodi.exe") then
        exit
    endif
Else
    $it = ($it+1)
EndIf
;---------------------------------------------------
WEnd

You can also create a shortcut to show/hide Kodi Wink
I have Kodi installed on my laptop with a TV connected via HDMI. I want to display Kodi in fullscreen on the TV while still being able to use the laptop for other things.

With other applications, I can extend the laptop display to the TV, open the app in windowed mode and drag it on to the TV screen, then set it to fullscreen.

I cannot do this with Kodi. The only way I can seem to get Kodi on the TV is to duplicate the display, which prevents me from using the laptop for other things.

Is there a way to get this working the way I mentioned above ?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimize XBMC to taskbar0