Minimize XBMC to taskbar
Hmm, you should be able to login on this: http://trac.xbmc.org
with your current credentials. Cant say why but if you cant please post in the http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35 forum.

So we wont forget to take care of it Smile

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Its enabled for all platforms -> r13203
Dunno if it screws something Wink

I dunno if we can minimize to tray with SDL but at least we could minimize to taskbar.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:Its enabled for all platforms -> r13203
Dunno if it screws something Wink

I dunno if we can minimize to tray with SDL but at least we could minimize to taskbar.

WOW! That's fast man. ShockedBig Grin Thanx!!!
Don't get me wrong Rolleyes
Minimized via a key command isn't implemented yet. The stopped renderer when XBMC is minimized is already in for quite some time.
Minimize should be possible. to taskbar is hardly easy to do in a crossplattform way Im afraid, this is on the verge of becoming developer now but anyways.

minimize -> http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/SD...nifyWindow

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
WiSo Wrote:Don't get me wrong Rolleyes
Minimized via a key command isn't implemented yet. The stopped renderer when XBMC is minimized is already in for quite some time.

Laugh Ups, sorry, I didn't notice the "-> r13203"
Added ExecBuiltin, XBMC.Minimize() that can be applied to both keymap.xml and skins and anything really.

Tested to work on linux but not Windows but it should be plattform neutral.

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/16504

I've done a build for windows with this included.

Rev16504
An I have testet it.... Wink

It works as it should if I also make a alt+esc keycombo in "IR Suite" for the "Exit" button for my remote.

Otherwise the screen just freezes.
to bad, then I hope a windows dev could look through it.
Anyhow. Ive also added it to the "default shutdown mode" settings so its now only missing from alt+f4

topfs2 Wrote:Added ExecBuiltin, XBMC.Minimize() that can be applied to both keymap.xml and skins and anything really.

Tested to work on linux but not Windows but it should be plattform neutral.

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/16504

Hi, I downloaded the .h and .cpp changes, but do not know what to do next. :o
I've looked in /home/user/.xbmc directory [I'm using Ubuntu 9.04] for keymap.xml to possibly edit but haven't found anything.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!!!
TIA
I've got a standard Microsoft keyboard that has basic media buttons (play,stop,skip etc) i also like to multitask and listen to music while i am browsing on the internet. is there a way i could have basic music control in xbmc while it's minimized.
by the way I've got XBMC pre 10.5 r35235 (compliled Nov 9 2010)
sierra18 Wrote:I've got a standard Microsoft keyboard that has basic media buttons (play,stop,skip etc) i also like to multitask and listen to music while i am browsing on the internet. is there a way i could have basic music control in xbmc while it's minimized.

Only by using something like Eventghost, which can route signals to XBMC even when it doesn't have the focus.

JR
do you know how i can set that up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minimize XBMC to taskbar0